Help please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know but it seems to have worked ok so far. Its sealed in any bits that we just couldn't get off. Just have to see how i get on when painting!

I dont know but it seems to have worked ok so far. Its sealed in any bits that we just couldn't get off. Just have to see how i get on when painting!
If you diluted it then it may have had half chance of soaking in,if not it sits like a dry skin and reactivated in contact with moisture .But im no expert although a good paint shop would advise or for sure plenty sources on the net. Good luck anyhow and hope all goes well and dont forget the pics of completed works (y)

All the blue is now gone, ive washed it off finally!! Went to a local diy store they said just to pva it so ive done that and it seems fine so far. Hopefully will get a coat of paint on it today and see how that goes.

Major tip No.1

Don't get advice off professionals, then proceed to a hardware store and then take their advice.
Most of them don't know what they sell, and couldn't find their arse with either hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to be fitting in well in the forum Sarah.

Im just trying to get advice and learn a few things, i figured that plasterers have probably seen or dealt with a variety of problems so would be best to ask for help. I am snappy with people sometimes though im sorry lol

Im just trying to get advice and learn a few things, i figured that plasterers have probably seen or dealt with a variety of problems so would be best to ask for help. I am snappy with people sometimes though im sorry lol
u will fit in nicely with some on here then lol

I've seen that happen over here in the states where they might have skimmed the ceiling with drywall compound and then sanded it smooth, then without removing any of the dust they prime the wall / ceiling and then finish paint it. Before you know it the paint is popping off because it's only bonded to the dust between the plaster and the paint. I have no clue why there is a blue tone in your dust/ powder unless they did use "any old mix" on the primer as mentioned earlier and there happened to be a blue colorant in the primer. You might also ask a paint expert what kind of reaction could be happening.

I've seen that happen over here in the states where they might have skimmed the ceiling with drywall compound and then sanded it smooth, then without removing any of the dust they prime the wall / ceiling and then finish paint it. Before you know it the paint is popping off because it's only bonded to the dust between the plaster and the paint. I have no clue why there is a blue tone in your dust/ powder unless they did use "any old mix" on the primer as mentioned earlier and there happened to be a blue colorant in the primer. You might also ask a paint expert what kind of reaction could be happening.
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/shopping/blue-primer-paint

I still cant figure out how to upload links/web addresses and youtube videos on this forum..is there any dumby video tutorials etc I can use...u seem to be the master of links A.plasterer
Think danny uploaded info on here of how:sisi: basically hold finger on link or tap on link if with cursor and copy then back on forum and paste. If youtube then same tap on link n copy ,when back on forum page go to media above and paste then embed and upload. Pretty sure how i go about it. Sure danny would of explained better but im sat in garden drinking beer n eating pistachios messing about on phone :descansando:

Sorry is that a problem?? No one else seems to mind advising me.. You could always try not reading it...?

I also have a problem with a damp wall if you want me to add that.. Just to annoy you even more :)

Gods sakes don't start a damp thread.... Some on here think it doesn't exist!?.....

[emoji39]

Just a quick update. The room is coming along nicely. Taken longer than I'd have wanted, had to have some work done on the chimney for the damp and dry that out a bit but ceiling looks great now is done. Thank you everyone (most of you) for all your help.

Sorry is that a problem?? No one else seems to mind advising me.. You could always try not reading it...?

I also have a problem with a damp wall if you want me to add that.. Just to annoy you even more :)
It

The post was not a dig at u. I was just taking the piss.

Just a quick update. The room is coming along nicely. Taken longer than I'd have wanted, had to have some work done on the chimney for the damp and dry that out a bit but ceiling looks great now is done. Thank you everyone (most of you) for all your help.
Ok well whats happening in the next room ? :foto::estudioso: Or is this farewell :frenetico: Noooooooo!!! Dont leave us :reloco:

I was hoping you had taken the alcohol and takeaway option? Id have gone for a shish kebab with salad and chilli sauce washed down with Becks or Carlesberg Export and some decent gin and tonic :birra:

Status
Not open for further replies.