Half days?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt live with myself doing a bathroom ceiling in the evening.

To be honest id kill myself

In a very slow way...maybe id skim a bathrooom ceiling in the evening

Don't enjoy it @algeeman ... I've been doing it for over 10 years for one of the fitters.

How do I tell him I don't need his ceilings anymore? I also get work of the back this. Yes they can be a pain. But not got balls tell them get someone else.

Don't enjoy it @algeeman ... I've been doing it for over 10 years for one of the fitters.

How do I tell him I don't need his ceilings anymore? I also get work of the back this. Yes they can be a pain. But not got balls tell them get someone else.
I get a lot of work off my these jobs. People usually ask for me to leave my number.

If you finish early that's a bonus the money should always be the same, if it goes pear shaped and you are there till five you will be kicking yourself for charging f**k all and the customer ain't gonna sort you out, also everyone will think that's what you work for a for a full shift.

"Im not doing this for another 10 years mr fitter"

If you finish early that's a bonus the money should always be the same, if it goes pear shaped and you are there till five you will be kicking yourself for charging f**k all and the customer ain't gonna sort you out, also everyone will think that's what you work for a for a full shift.
Never had a 5m ceiling go pear shaped. As I've said (repeatedly) these are jobs for for regular tradesmen. If anything went tits up they would pay the extra no problem. The price I'm paid is between me and the fitter, not the house holder.

Never had a 5m ceiling go pear shaped. As I've said (repeatedly) these are jobs for for regular tradesmen. If anything went tits up they would pay the extra no problem. The price I'm paid is between me and the fitter, not the house holder.
Spill a bucket of water or chip the paintwork it doesn't need to be the ceiling :)

Im sorry but how can 5m go tits up ??

I'm sure you do bigger ceilings? My point wasn't aimed at you or any of your jobs it was about charging for a half a day. Plenty of things can go wrong on the simplest and smallest of jobs and it is usually when you are doing someone a favour I have found.

Depends how you're looking at it I guess. Either half a day or £20 per m or £40 per hour. I've always run my business in a you scratch my back etc kind of way. My regulars have stuck by me despite me having long periods off due to illness so I think my way of doing things has paid off.

Thanks lads, had a good read and take it all on board.might have to do a minimum price policy, like plumbers do.(y)
frankk.

Thanks lads, had a good read and take it all on board.might have to do a minimum price policy, like plumbers do.(y)
frankk.

That's what I do....works out about 3/4 of normal day rate...

But I tell them upfront I have a minimum starting price for any small works and explain that it losses me money that i could be earning elsewhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.