Half days?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankk

Getting small jobs to price, like tomorrows job, patch in some raggles in a kitchen after an electrician,and put a six tile splashback on above a sink.charging 100 bucks,she is supplying the tiles and adhesive.I will be done by twelve so its a half day but should I charge a full day? I know some others near me do.
How do you guys go with this situation?
.thanks.frank

Good point. If you can't feasibly pull in work for rest of day then you should charge full shift [emoji19]

There's no such thing as a half day, but that might be just my thinking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On the other side you price a job and it over runs u have to go back at your cost for no extra money as a self employed bloke nothing is half a day I charge a full day if you go in for 100 and something goes wrong before 12 and your there Til 6pm would you ask for more money? Only way to look at it hence why I always charge full day

Slight difference but On site my daywork sheet gets signed for 8hrs regardless of how long it takes otherwise I'm not doing it.
i Hate daywork fcukers think they own you, oh and while your here do you think you can you just........ No:fuckyou:

Slight difference but On site my daywork sheet gets signed for 8hrs regardless of how long it takes otherwise I'm not doing it.
i Hate daywork fcukers think they own you, oh and while your here do you think you can you just........ No:fuckyou:
Day work when doing for a company is hard work I've had that thing of at 3.50pm they say what you gonna get on next even at a 4.30 finish I normally say stop me half hour cos you never add it on when I don't stop cos I'm troweling a gauge while the other blokes go cafe normally I don't get stopped the half hour

Plumber walks in a job bleeds a radiator 10mins work 70 notes does that 3 times a day he ain't gonna do rest for free why is plastering any different

Only time i don't charge a full day is when I can do it on the way home. Got one Tuesday. Skim one box bedroom wall. £100.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Plumber walks in a job bleeds a radiator 10mins work 70 notes does that 3 times a day he ain't gonna do rest for free why is plastering any different
I dont know any plumbers that do that?
Come on now, you being real or making stuff up?

You could charge half a day and get them to make a fry up
Always wins me over
Sometimes food is better than Money.

If it's on way home and a bonus job yeah charge 100 but anything else is full day,I used to be soft and worry about what I charge but at end of day these people ain't my family or friends and pound to a penny and God forbid you ever need a lawyer at his rate of say 150 per hour plus vat if you only get 45 mins he charging an hour they don't have to accept your price either do they, also yeah might be 100 so if done right way take tax off 20% that's 80 then fuel to get to job then running a van ect ect your down to about 60 quid sod that

Sparks and plumber got call out fee 50-70quid a pop then 35+ per hour thereafter plus mats, you do the maths.

Sparks and plumber got call out fee 50-70quid a pop then 35+ per hour thereafter plus mats, you do the maths.

At least you got what I was getting at plus they never tidy up either

At least you got what I was getting at plus they never tidy up either
I know them all too well, I only recently met a plumbing firm who is brilliant and spot on but their prices are double of the double, they mostly do high end stuff where's plenty of money to cover labourers to keep everything tidy

I know them all too well, I only recently met a plumbing firm who is brilliant and spot on but their prices are double of the double, they mostly do high end stuff where's plenty of money to cover labourers to keep everything tidy

Me too mate and I like the plumbers the ones who care and when they solder wipe the pipes clean and that I'm not even a plumber but when I see pipes going into a boiler with green solder down pipes where they ain't been cleaned I cringe at it,and to think a plumber for new boiler average of 6-7 rads can charge 2500 materials say 1200 it's two days work for a good plumber and people moan at our prices for a ceiling lol I'm just honest and I did used to worry about what I would charge ect but now i think that's my price ok your get cheaper but I do a good job and your get what you pay for like I said in a previous thread it's why I left the damp proofing game cos they play on people's fears and that ain't a bit of me I just want what I charge a day even for half a day (no such thing in plastering in my eyes) and I be happy funny how u learn a lot as you get older at 32 it's come full circle for me and I'm glad what the regulars on here say is what I'm starting to do and I know I lose work but it's a matter of principle

we charge £60 to remove a rad, call the gas board out and you will find £60 is cheap!
Exactly I don't do it myself as I don't feel comfortable doing it if I'm honest I've had the old yeah don't matter if it leaks if you do it I say yeah you say that now but we will be falling out f I flood your house and plus my public liability don't cover me normally they then remove or get a plumber in

There is no radiators to be removed on the job just some patching and tiles, I can deal with a rad myself.:rayos:...

found the wee smiley guys(y)

There is no radiators to be removed on the job just some patching and tiles, I can deal with a rad myself.:rayos:...

found the wee smiley guys(y)
Frank in just honest about how I go about things taken a while to be like I am so anything I say it's just what I would do and how I approach things they paying for your skill as well don't forget

it all depends how hungry you are. a young person with a family needs a full days pay . to me it does not matter that much.
when we get a small job my son will cover it on his own, i will have a day off.

it does depend where the job is, if i see a couple of expensive cars on the drive i know i can cover a days pay for as both even if it is just one wall. if i notice a basic car on the drive i know what i am in for.

Status
Not open for further replies.