Half days?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
it all depends how hungry you are. a young person with a family needs a full days pay . to me it does not matter that much.
when we get a small job my son will cover it on his own, i will have a day off.

it does depend where the job is, if i see a couple of expensive cars on the drive i know i can cover a days pay for as both even if it is just one wall. if i notice a basic car on the drive i know what i am in for.
I got two kids 1 is 7 and one is 1 in Hungary for it but been caught out before I done a job for Superspread this weekend and normally I won't do weekends but as it was for him I put myself out 6pm last night and 2.30 today plus gotta do all next week and I like my weekends off but need the doe but it's gotta be done

There is no radiators to be removed on the job just some patching and tiles, I can deal with a rad myself.:rayos:...

found the wee smiley guys(y)
Frank I going to be honest and the odd one out again I do charge for half day and try do another small one on same day, if can't I always got something to do and can't always charge a full day for half where I live.The others are right,it's just how I am.

I got two kids 1 is 7 and one is 1 in Hungary for it but been caught out before I done a job for Superspread this weekend and normally I won't do weekends but as it was for him I put myself out 6pm last night and 2.30 today plus gotta do all next week and I like my weekends off but need the doe but it's gotta be done

that is why you employ people with a young family. i would have waited to monday.

that is why you employ people with a young family. i would have waited to monday.
I have lost one relationship already cos I was married to work and then wanted to change but the lure of the money always pulls me back plus as it was for Superspread I thought I do to help out cos he always helps me out i get what your saying but I'm years away from the being comfortable lifestyle stage

Frank I going to be honest and the odd one out again I do charge for half day and try do another small one on same day, if can't I always got something to do and can't always charge a full day for half where I live.The others are right,it's just how I am.
It's ironic that the video you liked on YouTube about unifinish that Simon I worked for him for 8 years he started with nothing and now a millionaire got laid off in the recession but no hard feelings

By the time you have got there set up done job cleaned up plus going to look before all that and picking up mats for it I don't care if it's two patches it's a Full day or feck off simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber walks in a job bleeds a radiator 10mins work 70 notes does that 3 times a day he ain't gonna do rest for free why is plastering any different
Had plumber come on a refurb I'd done bascually put 7 rads back on a couple lengths of copper at most I thought it take about day yeh it took him day but it was £50 a rad not bad eh £350 for days work

I think id rather do a half day for say 100 bucks than do nothing all day for zero bucks?depends where you are on the financial ladder I suppose.

Charge for a full day regardless, I've done it a few times," I'll only be here a couple of hours" then you get in the van and think f**k me I shoulda charged more than that? Not no more if they don't like the price they don't get the graft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I not saying I'm right but do think u have to be real.I don't travel far for a job and near me no one is going to pay a full day.

I charge £100 for half days. I'm surprised to be honest that many will charge a full day. It's got me thinking that maybe I should be doing the same, but like Pete I just don't think people would pay it and those that did I would feel like I'm ripping them off. Maybe up it to £130.

I charge £100 for half days. I'm surprised to be honest that many will charge a full day. It's got me thinking that maybe I should be doing the same, but like Pete I just don't think people would pay it and those that did I would feel like I'm ripping them off. Maybe up it to £130.
I not saying I am right ...business wise the others are, all I saying is hello reality check 9-12 done £###
Flipping strippers wages

I rather sit at home and not earn my money... I am not a charity... I will do charity work but in the end business is business and if everybody stuck to their guns the prices would rise... its better for everyone :D

I may be wrong and if I am I apologise,is this the same frank with the cheap tools bought in the pub?.

Oap's have more money than anyone else but make out there skint all the time. My grans the worst for it lol

Put it this way I won't pay frankly franks £### to pop 3 tiles above me sink and fill 2 chases.

No one round my way would either

Always a full day for me! Unless the rarity like beddy says you got an easy day and someone wants another tiny job doing so you do on way home.. Can almost double ya earnings then but its rare!

How ironic picked up a small job on way home tonight ka ching
More irionic did me 1st mix and come home today flipping builder plonk boarding in front of me not ready ..

Did get a full days pay though ,lol
Swings and roundabouts every day

Jeremy Kyle on catch up now

More irionic did me 1st mix and come home today flipping builder plonk boarding in front of me not ready ..

Did get a full days pay though ,lol
Swings and roundabouts every day

Jeremy Kyle on catch up now
I thought you can't get full days where you are looks like a load of gold will be going under your patio

A lot of my work is skimming bathroom ceilings. Usually around 5m. Got 4 bathroom fitters who all give me 2 jobs a month. Empty rooms. In and out in 3 hrs. Regular work. Always charge a oner.

Well today i did a half day for a O.A.P. so after reading some of the replys to the question i still charged her a full day .but before any of you fire up the outrage bus and press your dislike buttons you will be glad to know that i did the decent thing and gave her a lift to the cash machine to get my £300. I wonder if she found her way back;).

Well today i did a half day for a O.A.P. so after reading some of the replys to the question i still charged her a full day .but before any of you fire up the outrage bus and press your dislike buttons you will be glad to know that i did the decent thing and gave her a lift to the cash machine to get my £300. I wonder if she found her way back;).
Like it
Lol

Been on youtube I now know how to take radiators off, think from now on I just take the rads off £120, go home and let the tiler do the chases and plastering while he is tiling.

Can't beat um,join um
Robbers

Status
Not open for further replies.