EWI Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are thousands of CERT & CESP installations already being done and what isn't done by the deadline will flip onto the new schemes, the proof is already there that the government is spending the money (well the Energy Companies) They have no choice as they have signed up to EU with carbon reduction targets by certain dates with huge penalties if they are not met. And to date they are well behind there targets!

My 4 men teams look to deliver 85 m2 per week per man ie 340 m2 per squad per week providing site is run properly and no delays and also weather permitting

I wonder of how many of these gangs he knows personally and have actually seen them work to a fast good standard or there just been churned out through the training school and he's pretending to give it the large one and maybe he'll end up getting absolutely murdered by fines for work not completed on time?

And the really good thing is he can't read this because he's chose not too lol

I wonder of how many of these gangs he knows personally and have actually seen them work to a fast good standard or there just been churned out through the training school and he's pretending to give it the large one and maybe he'll end up getting absolutely murdered by fines for work not completed on time?

And the really good thing is he can't read this because he's chose not too lol

85m2 per man of finished work is very good going. Put another way, that's 4 85m2 domestic properties per week by 4 guys. Base track,insulation, overcills, scrim, beads,and dash/texture plus all reveals and full clean down! That's excellent going:RpS_thumbup:

85m2 per man of finished work is very good going. Put another way, that's 4 85m2 domestic properties per week by 4 guys. Base track,insulation, overcills, scrim, beads,and dash/texture plus all reveals and full clean down! That's excellent going:RpS_thumbup:

the job we started last week is 1.5mm acrylic not dash the contractor is doing overcills, facias and soffits they are going ahead sorting all the M and E they are delivering all materials to the blocks they also have trucks to remover the offcuts... the properties are blocks of 6 terraced properties fully scaffolded right around its a Sto turbo fit system so no adhesive on the boards as fixed with foam so a lot quicker and no mess there are approx 500 m2 per block and we are trying to do 1 block per team per week... will let you know how it goes next week if rain holds off as another 10 men starting on monday dunno if you have used the foam but heres a link... may be worth looking into for main contractors as only need 2 fixings per board and faster

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that foam push back out. From feedback i have heard that the time it takes to apply it is qick but the wait for the foam to settle is wasted time
For whatever reason on big refurbs round here they are always dry fitting 50 mm phenolic and pebble dashing

render systems, nice video. thin coat render has moved on in the last 15 years since i have done one. simular to the permaroc , and drivit systems we where using.
comments. i would purchase a coving trowell instead of a bottle for fillet work. when you buttered up the insulation boards we mixed the compound wetter and using a jug poured it on to the insulation board. secondray fixing are a lot better. we just hammered in the mushrooms. no stress patches around windows and other openings ?

oh dear! i bet thats not a popular system.
before we went on site ,the engineers would carry out pull tests on the building, to make a decision as to what secondary fixings to use, as most of the tower blocks where of no fines concrete construction and the stainless steel mushrooms worked well although they are expensive.

Andy, We do work all over our lad's spent most of last year down south so If you want to send me your details I will happily keep you in mind, we have good gangs who we keep in regular work but always happy to speak to new guys.

the job we started last week is 1.5mm acrylic not dash the contractor is doing overcills, facias and soffits they are going ahead sorting all the M and E they are delivering all materials to the blocks they also have trucks to remover the offcuts... the properties are blocks of 6 terraced properties fully scaffolded right around its a Sto turbo fit system so no adhesive on the boards as fixed with foam so a lot quicker and no mess there are approx 500 m2 per block and we are trying to do 1 block per team per week... will let you know how it goes next week if rain holds off as another 10 men starting on monday dunno if you have used the foam but heres a link... may be worth looking into for main contractors as only need 2 fixings per board and faster

I was speaking to ceresit who were pushing foam fix systems a few years back but I dont think it took off - we never fit any to date

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there im new to the site . im a ewi and colour through render applacator ive been doing the systom for many years im looking for jobs in all locations im happy to travel for a good price per mr2 i turn out a great standerd of work being very fussy of the finish job. many thanks martin
contact num 07546004974

hi there im new to the site . im a ewi and colour through render applacator ive been doing the systom for many years im looking for jobs in all locations im happy to travel for a good price per mr2 i turn out a great standerd of work being very fussy of the finish job. many thanks martin
contact num 07546004974

are you polish by any chance?

We are currently trying to recruit experienced weatherby approved gangs to carry out work in the Midlands region, if any gangs are intrested and if somebody can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

We are not looking for the cheapest option on these projects, we need decent trustworthy lads and dont mind paying the extra few £ to keep good lads.

Please PM me for more details.

hi westly very interested in this, don,t think i can send pm,s yet as i,m not on here that long. i can post my mobile number if thats ok. thanks ali

There is not enough money in it at £20 a metre labour only. I know because i have just done 3 months of it and hated every minute. Board, mesh, dash. It rains far too much in this country and i found i was only working 3 days a week on average. Shite never again.

if the demand does turn out to be very hight the guys who run the companies who dictate the prices ,will go abroad and bring cheap foreign workers in to mop it all-up as usual ,lol imop

There is not enough money in it at £20 a metre labour only. I know because i have just done 3 months of it and hated every minute. Board, mesh, dash. It rains far too much in this country and i found i was only working 3 days a week on average. Shite never again.
I'm ment to be starting a weatherby job in Liverpool in a few weeks I really don't know what to do there are loads of posts on here sayin there is no money in it if you don't mind me askin how much money was you makin you can pm me thanks mate

I'm ment to be starting a weatherby job in Liverpool in a few weeks I really don't know what to do there are loads of posts on here sayin there is no money in it if you don't mind me askin how much money was you makin you can pm me thanks mate

steve ,we stopped doing ewi years ago. there is not enough money in it for the amount of work that you are expected to produce.
i have not done the weatherby system, there are shortcuts on all systems,and you will have to use them. but we found that the only thing that is cheap with all systems is the labour. plus you do not have to be a plasterer to do ewi as long as you can use a hawk and trowel you can do it. therefore there will never be any money in it for the labour.
i know steve that you have been interested in ewi for a while so all i can say is good luck and i hope that your experiences is better then mine.i

if your doing your own projects, ie your the principal contractor,you make a good living, if your carrying out the work for a third party ie subcontracting and there creaming there end off it, you make piss all, and as said the major factor is the weather.

Last edited:
Hi all Ive been on ewi work for 12 months now can not see why so many people say you can not make money off it??????
i work in a 2 man team back home for 3 pm ever day with a lot more then day rate.
you would never get me going back too skim work.

Hi all Ive been on ewi work for 12 months now can not see why so many people say you can not make money off it??????
i work in a 2 man team back home for 3 pm ever day with a lot more then day rate.
you would never get me going back too skim work.
You put a proper spanner in the works now mate I'm ment to be going to do it but everyone says there is no money in it I really don't know what to do are you making £600+ a week mate

hi Steve if its the first time you worked on ewi it will take you a few weeks to get going but after that you should piss £600

If your using wetherby in liverpool the contractor is either Hamiltons or St Annes and you be working for Gerry or Dale. Seeing as your from Wales your prob working for Dale am i right? If so give me a ring and i can prob get you more cash by going direct to St Annes you get an extra fiver a metre. 07843 342696 Craig

If your using wetherby in liverpool the contractor is either Hamiltons or St Annes and you be working for Gerry or Dale. Seeing as your from Wales your prob working for Dale am i right? If so give me a ring and i can prob get you more cash by going direct to St Annes you get an extra fiver a metre. 07843 342696 Craig
Thanks mate I'll give you a ring tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.