EWI Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your using wetherby in liverpool the contractor is either Hamiltons or St Annes and you be working for Gerry or Dale. Seeing as your from Wales your prob working for Dale am i right? If so give me a ring and i can prob get you more cash by going direct to St Annes you get an extra fiver a metre. 07843 342696 Craig

he could be working for colourend or Astley's or transcast etc etc and will be lucky if he gets £20 I know gangs gettin £15 and less, they are not skilled and come out with about £350 per week after tax. all the work is a mess and wont stand the weather in time around the terminations/openings
this industry has been turned into production line bish bash bosh by the insulation/energy co's no standards anymore. the WBY stuff will be shelling off soon in fact I have seen it on a job in wigan thst was only done 2 years ago, hp12 is not good enough for ins. boards.

dont take my word for anything tho, Im full of sh1t but I have a nice line set up doing remedial's

he could be working for colourend or Astley's or transcast etc etc and will be lucky if he gets £20 I know gangs gettin £15 and less, they are not skilled and come out with about £350 per week after tax. all the work is a mess and wont stand the weather in time around the terminations/openings
this industry has been turned into production line bish bash bosh by the insulation/energy co's no standards anymore. the WBY stuff will be shelling off soon in fact I have seen it on a job in wigan thst was only done 2 years ago, hp12 is not good enough for ins. boards.

dont take my word for anything tho, Im full of sh1t but I have a nice line set up doing remedial's
I've been told its £15 a meter for just mesh base coat and dash and beads he's got joiners putting up the boards

Surprise surprise an other company promised the world when I asked for a start date silence nobody answers the phone or email what's the point wasting everybody's time ????

Did this work earlier this year and its shite/messy, If you have pride in your work and want to leave a good job then you have no chance earning a decent wage when the price in the midlands is around £15 sqm.
That was for a Birmingham company who would try and screw you over every time they paid.

the problem is theres too many sharks in the game, creaming money out of it for doing nothing.
We got offered a load over in humberside and the north east at £20 a metre and i couldnt make it pay, so christ knows how you are turning over at £15.

whenever we turn a contract down over price, in london area, the answer is well we will get some chaps from the midlands, pay their lodgings as that will be cheaper.

We don't do it anymore gone back to internal work, There isn't many local lads doing it in the midlands mostly polish workers who will have a 6 in a gang, all come in one car and share the same sandwich.

We don't do it anymore gone back to internal work, There isn't many local lads doing it in the midlands mostly polish workers who will have a 6 in a gang, all come in one car and share the same sandwich.

share ther same sandwich. :RpS_lol:

you could add live in a doss house, at cheap rent, when i was in st barts hospital in the city of london, , outside of my window there is a disabled toilet, built like an eight sided bungalow ,they had to pay 20 pence to get in there and about 10 30 pm every night there would be fights break out over who was sleeping in what toilet. the hospital ward was locked at most times to stop them from stealing food.

hello chaps... well as you know i have been subbying for a large national company for a few months now (no names mentioned) we have done 30 semi houses and a block of 12 flats, we could have done treble this had the company actually got us materials in time and didnt have 4 seperate people checking our work at various stages and waiting for sign offs

we were using a weatherby system 60mm dry fix phenolic over no fines concrete that was all over the place and took nearly 1 drill bit a board to put 5 fixings in, anyway to cut a long story short we have been paid for 5 properties to date and still waiting for the payments for the remaining 37 properties. :(

hello chaps... well as you know i have been subbying for a large national company for a few months now (no names mentioned) we have done 30 semi houses and a block of 12 flats, we could have done treble this had the company actually got us materials in time and didnt have 4 seperate people checking our work at various stages and waiting for sign offs

we were using a weatherby system 60mm dry fix phenolic over no fines concrete that was all over the place and took nearly 1 drill bit a board to put 5 fixings in, anyway to cut a long story short we have been paid for 5 properties to date and still waiting for the payments for the remaining 37 properties. :(

are you on retentions?

i take it this is a council contract ? if so there would have been agreed payment stages.but come on rs you are experienced to know that collecting money is the most important part of your business.i would be calling on that national co first thing in the morning to collect payment and sort out regular payments. as regarding the secondary fixings into no fines,we found that only the hilti te22 drill was strong enough to do the job without tearing the bit out.

What bout the hilti gun that actually fires the pin in with no drilling

Why wont they pay u have u been able to pay ur boys and suppliers

ho blones its their so called system... they pass the work... all passed no probs... we invoice them... it then goes to accounts... accounts send it to the site QS to verify... it then goes back to accounts... they then send back to us who agree payment we then accept it and it takes 4 weeks to arrive... its a nightmare... all our lads are paid up though

Steve, we don't put up with that shite, we went through the mill with these as well, and have sussed them out now. The odd threat here and there doesn't go amiss!

we are pulling 20 men of job tomorrow leaving a nice finished job on all properties... the other subbies are following also so im lead to believe

Man at the top has now jacked i believe!

we have a email list for foremen, site agents, agents, national agents blah blah... the names change on a weekly basis and if your talking about who was on here he wasnt the man at the top but yes he has left last week

The guy did know his onions though, just a shame he had to battle the same bureaucratic office shite as the rest of us. I believe that there is now no one with any true EWI understanding left within the company. Even some of the EWI suppliers are starting to have doubts as to their credentials in EWI application.

to be honest jasper, the lads on the shop floor... the like of the person on here can actually see where their management are going wrong and have told them so on many occassions. the company has work coming out of its ears and just on one site we are on they will be losing 90 men this week from 3 subcontractors... us being one of them...
im pi$$ed off though as they have enough work to keep everyong going and they actually raised our rates which if we had a continuation of work could have made some serious money...

They are just messing you about RS. all their regs and bull shizzle means they have men working in a recession being paid by borrowed money which can only last so long. If they had 500 houses to do this week and won another 1000 next week the subbies money would be used to pay all the office staff and extra material bills. strip it down to a simple business and u need cash flow, profit and productivity to make it work. If ur missing one it wont work.
This Guy John 07879 638554 may be looking for men. Their doing a parex dashin project in Wales

ha we are missing all of the above with these lot... no productivity because they cant get materials quick enough, and cant sort enablers out to strip down pipes, gates, satelight dishes etc. we cant get the cashflow right because of thier internal payment policies, and as of profit they will be none or very little to speak of because of thier beurocracy is holding us back

i wonder if they didnt pay their material bills or the demand for the product was so high it was just limited stocks all the time. I bet they cant make penolics 60mm quick enough

we are pulling 20 men of job tomorrow leaving a nice finished job on all properties... the other subbies are following also so im lead to believe

i would tell them that i waiting for them to catch up with their payments. is there a clerk of the works on the job you could tell him about the payment problems he would be able to put pressure on the builders. a pal of mine was owed £60,000 by a large co.and the clerk told them all sub contractors must be paid in full or they would be put off the job, he got squared up within 2 weeks, the builder had sworn that every had been paid when that was not the case

its like talking to a brick wall... im driving down to coventry tomorrow to pick lads up and send them to another site until we get paid right up to date and they get their act together re materials

HI collo i have worked on some of the biggest ewi sites in the uk and if you need good ewi gangs let me know

hi guys, anyone know of any ewi going on in south wales, we just finished with one firm today coz we are fed up of no materials/no enabling etc etc. we have 2 boarders, 2 meshers and 2 dashers available, us dashers do the whole system so if you only got room for two. We've been doing wetherby/weber/parex etc for three years now. most companies are all on stop at the moment, i think they are waiting for the new financial year to kick in properly. BUT I NEED TO PUT GRUB ON THE TABLE AGAIN NEXT WEEK!

Status
Not open for further replies.