Dot and dab onto tanked wall

markyyyyyy

Am applying 2 coats of tanking slurry on to a 9" solid wall, followed by dot and dab insulated plasterboard.

Cant use foam as the walll is not level/flat in many places

I also want to make my wall vertically level hence dot dab.

Do I need to apply a primer onto the dried tanking slurry before dot and dab adhesive? I need to wait a mo th before boarding as I need new doors and windows.

Thanks

Am applying 2 coats of tanking slurry on to a 9" solid wall, followed by dot and dab insulated plasterboard.

Do I need to apply a primer onto the dried tanking slurry before dot and dab adhesive? I need to wait a mo th before boarding as I need new doors and windows.

Thanks
@John j

Think you need a tight scratch coat or you’ll get dabs showing through on the boards, as the tanking slurry will condensate

You will need a primer or PVA because The drywall adhesive will not adhere to the tanking properly. The dots can pop of the tanking when dried if the board is hit.

Thanks
Can't dot and dab onto tanking slurry. Thread closed