Damp proofing rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if my van brakes down.some 1 independent should give me a price not the mechanic who does the work.thats the same as what your saying.

If you wer offended Steve, I apologise.

I started this thread to point out once again how another (multinational ) company came out with this rubbish rising damp con. You have argued at length mentioning books etc and yet you have not proved its existence.

"Experts " use the term rising damp when they do not know what's causing it. I'm sure you really believe it exists Steve, but then again when you were growing up Father Chritmas was also a reality.

How come you (and the rising damp companies ) are the only people to come across it I wonder

Yeah it was me that asked, my place is near Corlay not far from lac de guerledan.
If you know where that is its not that far from you.

So are you a plasterer Steve?
And are you working as a plasterer in France?

Oh & have you got a dpc in your property? :RpS_biggrin:
I haven't :)

Yeah it was me that asked, my place is near Corlay not far from lac de guerledan.
If you know where that is its not that far from you.

So are you a plasterer Steve?
And are you working as a plasterer in France?

Oh & have you got a dpc in your property? :RpS_biggrin:
I haven't :)

Sooo are you a plasterer then or what?

So third time lucky ARE YOU A PLASTERER STEVE?!?!
a simple yes or no will suffice :RpS_biggrin:

TO FLYNNYMAN
Come on steve dont be nasty lets keep it civil we dont like that kind of language on the forum.

You have my apologies.

Bearing this in mind are you able to dispense your judgement with equality? I find the following post very offensive, see below. I did not complain because I presumed there was no standard of decency on this site. Its from Irish, its no big deal but it palls into insignificance compared to that which you are admittedly, modestly repremanding myself for. If I was the moderator I would have asked for Irish's post to be removed because when searching on the internet Irish's comments in this once instance show this web site in a poor ligfht: his comments are vulgar and offensive.

Might have a job for you next week Steve, my mates reckon your mrs ********************, I disagree and presume they would be **************** :RpS_laugh:

Flynnyman wants more evidence of which I will supply in respect of rising damp but there comes a time when those with only a peripheral interest in rising damp and old ladies being robbed will get bored and this thread might be better closed and I will email anyone who has a continuing interest.

Maybe anew thread RISING DAMP;why it exists and how to discuss it without all of us deviating from the topic

luv Steve​

Steve go back to the thread, the one ive highlighted in this thread and read it all the way to the bottom :) I was being sarcastic an dhaving a bit of a joke. Whty dont you start the thread it might give you a small advantage if you get your opinion in first :) and i didnt notice the thread your quoting irish about.

so if my van brakes down.some 1 independent should give me a price not the mechanic who does the work.thats the same as what your saying.
a NUMBER OF 'wHICH' SUVEYS have demonstrated that garages have frequentley been guilty of being conmen. I see the point you are making but there is a question of scale dpc jobs can be in the thousands and my garage bills have never been of that order. where the costs merit it an independent view is preferable In addition the usage of a dpc company may be a once in a lifetime experience whereas your relationship with your mechanic might be frequent and one that is based on trust due to knowledge of each other.

I’m not sensitive about this but on open sites such as this the advice is generally don’t reveal personal stuff. If you want to chat privately I am happy to respond fully on frenchsteve@hotmail.com

LOL fair enough if this was the www.wekillplasterersforum.com I could understand but its a plasterers forum give your head a shake. Your happy to give your details out but asked if your a plasterer you clam up LOL ive heard it all.

LOL fair enough if this was the www.wekillplasterersforum.com I could understand but its a plasterers forum give your head a shake. Your happy to give your details out but asked if your a plasterer you clam up LOL ive heard it all.

I spent 10 years plastering - how does this advance the debate of rising damp and old birds getting ripped off. If my experience in some way supports part of my argument I reveal that aspect of my experience. What we have all done, in respect of work, helps form our character and knowledge but it is the quality of or lack of it, in our contribution to the discussion that matters. Now tell me, in what way has my plastering experience enhanced your knowledge or understanding of old birds getting ripped off?. Precisely none. I am interested in electrics and still allowed to rewire a house here in France - so what. When my experience of suing damp course companies in court, or testing all the companies in one Yellow Pages directory or mentioning that have done hundreds of dpc installations it is relevant to the debate then I freely proffer that experience. Next you'll asking how many children I have and what did I have for breakfast and do I love Irish-spread

All our old houseing stock was all built with a slate dpc, why would they have done it for what reason. Or are we to belive they never understood that riseing damp was just bullshit.

Steve so you work as an electrician in Brittany, I need some re-wiring doing might have some work for you if your interested?

Steve so you work as an electrician in Brittany, I need some re-wiring doing might have some work for you if your interested?

I don't 'work'. I retired 6 years ago and went to live in Malta. Hence Sliema. I am refurbishing a cottage we bought about 25 years ago for a song. We got another property in the town a few years ago. The cottage needs rewiring and our residence needs upgrading. I am only in Brittany because of this at this time of year. We are here for a few months I hope to get rid of the cottage to avoild cutting the grass and gardening. In respect of your work if you do the donkey work I am happy to show you whats involved and make final connections prior to inspection - no charge. In any event if you like we can meet up,

Steve

Thanks steve.
Yeah I was gonna do that with the gen(cant remember how you spell it) from brico depot or wherever.
Well I've got your email address & if you click my signature link below you can find my email address.
I'll be over there in April

Sliema funny that I stayed there at the hotel fortina & got married in valleta.
:RpS_biggrin:

Sorry if it come over that way its probably time to move. I have tried to be provocative without offending
I meant I am going to start my own thread - Rising Damp;my part in its downfall but having tried to I haven't got a clue how to do it. This worries me since Irish-mist can do it so he will accuse me of being thick.

Oh I see :RpS_biggrin:
Yeah go onto general rendering discussions & Near the top left there's a dark blue button post new thread click it & away you go Steve :RpS_wink:

Here you go steve :RpS_thumbup:

photo-864.png

Went to look at a job today huge lovely 5 bedroom cottage built with lime mortar...whole lot had been re pointed with portland. An absolute disgrace. All the stone was spalding, thousands of pounds worth of damage/repair work. Thats what we are up against in the building trade.

Went to look at a job today huge lovely 5 bedroom cottage built with lime mortar...whole lot had been re pointed with portland. An absolute disgrace. All the stone was spalding, thousands of pounds worth of damage/repair work. Thats what we are up against in the building trade.

More rising damp. Inject it with a chemical dpc, that will sort it if you go by Steves theory

Status
Not open for further replies.