Customers canceling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardest part of plastering is filling the diary and it working out day by day.

Easy part is the plastering

Flipping public drive me potty that's why I am always on here ..only thing that keeps me sane.

Hardest part of plastering is filling the diary and it working out day by day.

Easy part is the plastering

Flipping public drive me potty that's why I am always on here ..only thing that keeps me sane.
One thing i have learned is to chill ,could be because i,m an old fool ,if i dont like the customer i dont price the work !lol

One thing i have learned is to chill ,could be because i,m an old fool ,if i dont like the customer i dont price the work !lol
True I do try to keep chilled find it hard to though sometimes ..people cancelling ,always moving jobs around, think we all have the same crap but it always works out in the end.
When I am 60 years old I going to write a book about all the stories I got on jobs
On Monday I was booked in to put some boards up in living room on walls and skim them , on Saturday the bloke told me he had sorted the floor I said what you mean ,he said I had to take all the floor up will you be okay walking across the joists,
Lol flipping drives me mad
This is one of my better clients.

Priced a job for a builder the other week then another builder I know asked me to price the same job so to make it fair I gave him exactly the same price I gave my other builder. The second guy has got the job and given it to someone else lol he will fall flat on his face because he has just undercut everyone and the job can't be done for what he has priced so may go on for a bit :)

After reading all these story's thank fook I'm not domestic..a few domestics will do a year for me..put me on site all day long

After reading all these story's thank fook I'm not domestic..a few domestics will do a year for me..put me on site all day long

I think they have got a little worse over the years.

Domestics use to be great, in and out, nice and clean with some good money to be made if you could get the continuity of work.

Now it seems some think they have you by the bollox and will dance to what tune they play, not all just some.

I could tell all sorts of stories some Iv put on here as only a fellow plasterer would understand.

Iv had customers ask me to complete the job quicker, so I did, then at the end of the job dissect the price and accuse me of overcharging as I got it done quicker than what they deemed a fair day rate.

Domestics use to be great, in and out, nice and clean with some good money to be made if you could get the continuity of work.

Now it seems some think they have you by the bollox and will dance to what tune they play, not all just some.

I could tell all sorts of stories some Iv put on here as only a fellow plasterer would understand.

Iv had customers ask me to complete the job quicker, so I did, then at the end of the job dissect the price and accuse me of overcharging as I got it done quicker than what they deemed a fair day rate.
Had the same moaning coz it was done to quick lol

It's the Internet and everyone googling left right and centre.
What's this costs, what's that cost and then use something they plucked off a site to judge what they should pay!

Don't believe everything you read in the papers was a good saying at one point wasn't it? Needs updating now though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's horrendous is that..cheeky T***s..funny thing is tho I bet its only spreads there try doing It 2..bet there wudnt say to a plumber fitting a boiler ir you e fone it quicker so can I have a discount..vermin are us spreads lol..

It's the Internet and everyone googling left right and centre.
What's this costs, what's that cost and then use something they plucked off a site to judge what they should pay!

Don't believe everything you read in the papers was a good saying at one point wasn't it? Needs updating now though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know if u type into google say average cost of a bedroom x by x prices come up lol..how the f**k is that

I emailed the women back asking her to leave my sample board up the side of her house, she wrote back saying the other guy had them! WTF!? How can you just hand over someone elses property? Wish you could get proper site work up here like you guys in England, the general public are unreal sometimes

I emailed the women back asking her to leave my sample board up the side of her house, she wrote back saying the other guy had them! WTF!? How can you just hand over someone elses property? Wish you could get proper site work up here like you guys in England, the general public are unreal sometimes
Move to England...place to b at the min b4 it all cums crashing down again

Tell her it wants to be there when YOU want to pick it up or tell her you'll charge them £40 or whatever to cover the costs of replacing, tell them don't ask them

Yasss more picts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
:sisi::birras:

I've learnt to treat clients same as women in my life all is fine but any sign of trouble and manipulation they are nothing more than a memory, this method has ensured a good woman and clients. Life really is too short to be getting upset and filling it with negatives.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    966.3 KB · Views: 182
Thats a good idea, nice thinking
You know what customers are like though, all she has to say is f**k off and then what? Small claims over £40? Its laughable really what we put up with, arseholes get away with murder all the time, in life in general! The only way to succeed is be a nasty c**t yourself, but really most of us want a simple life so walk away!

You know what customers are like though, all she has to say is f**k off and then what? Small claims over £40? Its laughable really what we put up with, arseholes get away with murder all the time, in life in general! The only way to succeed is be a nasty c**t yourself, but really most of us want a simple life so walk away!
s**t on her doorstep I say

I've had loads of render kickers this year...

Annoys me...then you get electricians charging a £45 call out, flat out with work.

I'm considering going into security, alarms etc...good money in that.

I was running a cornice today on a job, they had someone else in skimming walls. customer said can you give me a quote to skim the rest of the flat as the other guy was unreliable. I looked at the state of the walls, they were well rough. I said if thats the standard you are paying for I doubt you'll want me to do it, gave him a price for one room and thats was near enough the price the other guy was doing the whole flat for
I have similar issues all the time people don't want to pay the money I priced a job up on Tuesday night it's 20 meters of tiling the job also involves building a stud wall at the end of the bath to home the shower valve and also rip out the old bathroom and re board the entire room and celing building cutouts in the shower and waterproofing the wet area and I gave him the price and he said that's a lot more than I was expecting he said sumat like "I had a figure of around 600 quid in my head" I just said at the end of the day I was recommended to u and you've seen my work my price is my price I don't haggle so have a think and get back to me...........still not heard anything back yet so I'm guessing he's gonna get someone else someone cheap someone rough and just coz I'm nice I even hope he gets a good job off who ever it is but if u pay peanuts u get monkeys

Sounds just about right for the tiling on its own with adhesive and grout thrown in.
I wouldn't even do the tiling for 600 mate its all 600 x 300 with a one third bond and a cut out moasic features and all being carried out with a leveling system to eliminate lips

Status
Not open for further replies.