Cream of tar tar sir.!

Members online

harryj490

Hello all .. quick question as have had a little read about this stuff on another thread . Basically I got a big 2 ceilings to do on Thursday I have left it a little late to sort it out as time flys when your having fun. I got a 45m2 ceiling and a 15 m2 ceiling to skim both plasterboard. Havent got a labourer with me that day or a another spread . Will be the biggest I would have put on . :) will this stuff help me out ... how much shall I put with the mix per bag .. also been told board adesive will re***d it a little What s your thoughts let me know would be appreciated thanks Harry.

Yeah shall try next time bit worried I won' get in time for Thursday if order now .. :(

I used the extra time Harry and it worked well for me on a ceiling about half the size of the one your doing (23m) but I'm an improver etc, so at the time was a challenge. Came out good though, but would prob have struggled without it and my speedy. Quite big on your own still though I reckon.

The amount you put in obviously depends on how much you want to slow it down.
Two heaped teaspoons to 10ltrs. will slow it down a fair old bit.
It can work out a lot quicker just to do a rolling set though.

Rolling set is the way to go...but cream of tartar does work. I think we did a capful per bag, about 3 years ago now just to try it.
It works. Slowed down our sets by about 45 mins as I recall.

That's something I've yet to try Smudger. You done much like that mate?

Done it on large runs half on 1st coat, double back quarter 2nd coat, 3rd quarter first coat on then half way with 2nd coat, finish first coat then hit 2nd half second coat. Go like fcuk, not used retardedr but would help if it works ?

Done it on large runs half on 1st coat, double back quarter 2nd coat, 3rd quarter first coat on then half way with 2nd coat, finish first coat then hit 2nd half second coat. Go like fcuk, not used retardedr but would help if it works ?

Didn't mean my question to sound patronising BTW :D

Ello m8 Andy and Ceevee rolling set is ok is you are a confident spread easy enough but your timings need to be good..
I have used a cap full of water proofer in the past and it def works without effecting the mix..
Not sure if any of you lads have tried that one??

Hello all .. quick question as have had a little read about this stuff on another thread . Basically I got a big 2 ceilings to do on Thursday I have left it a little late to sort it out as time flys when your having fun. I got a 45m2 ceiling and a 15 m2 ceiling to skim both plasterboard. Havent got a labourer with me that day or a another spread . Will be the biggest I would have put on . :) will this stuff help me out ... how much shall I put with the mix per bag .. also been told board adesive will re***d it a little What s your thoughts let me know would be appreciated thanks Harry.
Here’s some advice harry...
39FDE498-DF7F-4A66-A4EF-9E972F9CF9B6.png

Harry it depends what your gear is like on the day , that would be my main concern here , tbh I’d say mix up a bag at a time and see what you can keep under control, you could always sand or easy fill a join , it’s only plaster don’t kill yourself

Ello m8 Andy and Ceevee rolling set is ok is you are a confident spread easy enough but your timings need to be good..
I have used a cap full of water proofer in the past and it def works without effecting the mix..
Not sure if any of you lads have tried that one??
Waterproofer i.ll be giving that a try

Harry it depends what your gear is like on the day , that would be my main concern here , tbh I’d say mix up a bag at a time and see what you can keep under control, you could always sand or easy fill a join , it’s only plaster don’t kill yourself
Sorry but I disagree with that advice.
A customer won't be wanting to see a joint in a ceiling of that size, even if dealt with.
He should either use the little tricks of the trade to get it done on his own, get some help in or walk away.

A customer won't be wanting to see a joint in a ceiling of that size, even if dealt with.
He should either use the little tricks of the trade to get it done on his own, get some help in or walk away.
Agree with you in that one Andy..for fucks sake the geezer is 21!!
Go and get another plasterer to help you m8!!

Waterproofer i.ll be giving that a try
Yes m8 to be honest there are not many plasterers that know about the waterproofer??
It’s a good bit of knowledge for any Plasterer and it works a treat..
I had a load of bulk heads to do the other day big longs runs 5 metre high on staging..
It gave me the time I needed to lay around it without the gear going off..
Try it lads you will be surprised..;)

As others said do a rolling set. Get your buckets ready, fill them up with water ready to go, lash on a mix, flatten, wash out, mix up, lash on and so on

No worries mate , I just got a feeling he’ll get halfway across it and f**k it up and get in a mess tbh

I’ve got some extra time in the van for an emergency, I’ve done the scrim tape blended joint before and even a stop bead (don’t recommend that) normally just another guy is what is best. Not heard of waterproofer though? Something doesn’t seem right with that, but I’ve not tried it so can’t really form an opinion. Extra labour is a fail safe method.

Just give job to someone else and in future don't take jobs on you can't handle! End of the day you Will be towing ya ass off and probably f**k it up! In fact no do it ya gotta know your limitations sometimes:numberone: