Coving or no Coving

Cove or no cove

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
I think coving gives character. The nay problem I see is the rooms and houses n uk are not big enough to allow standard coving size to shine . Smaller size coving can be a different story.

think that is bang on the money :D in big rooms it works :D

Take it down rossi and get some marmorino bands on the walls very contemporary.
P1010236.jpg

Oh dear, you do realise it's a bg product?
Technically speaking Artex which yes i suppose does comes under gyproc banner, a sister company coming under the mothership Gobain banner so you correct ( for once)

Just goes to show my honesty on any product I use.
:numberone:

Artex brochure: one house I did years ago they wanted 'medusa' pattern (second down on right) all over the walls, then coving fitted 'to seperate' the ceiling pattern 'basket & flower' then they finished it off with a rather 'busy' flowery carpet....after finishing that job I had a migraine for about a week
IMG_4186.PNG

Thinking about it would be a good idea if Artex came out with some new styles, a bit of say a modern twist to a finish that looked cool, same with the coving maybe coving stepped slightly away from the wall , again some new styles to create a more modern feel

Thinking about it would be a good idea if Artex came out with some new styles, a bit of say a modern twist to a finish that looked cool, same with the coving maybe coving stepped slightly away from the wall , again some new styles to create a more modern feel
Carpet the ceilings. Its the future miles better than bending down hooving the floor??

Artex brochure: one house I did years ago they wanted 'medusa' pattern (second down on right) all over the walls, then coving fitted 'to seperate' the ceiling pattern 'basket & flower' then they finished it off with a rather 'busy' flowery carpet....after finishing that job I had a migraine for about a weekView attachment 16314

I couldn't be doing with all the comb patterns so put a cross next to the ones I could do, ( stipple, swirl, broken leather, scroll, )
Did a broken leather last week insurance job. Still got the 600x600 stipple brush too, they are easy money.

IMG_4193.PNG
@jamesthefirst, don't know if you do this or tried it but I cover my stipples with a bit of bin bag (see photo) and it just glides on the Artex and leaves a brill broken leather pattern - also your stipples doesn't get all clogged up either.

View attachment 16323 @jamesthefirst, don't know if you do this or tried it but I cover my stipples with a bit of bin bag (see photo) and it just glides on the Artex and leaves a brill broken leather pattern - also your stipples doesn't get all clogged up either.

Yes mate I do the same but find waitrose bags give a different quality finish to tesco!:rolleyes::) I tape around the edges too which keeps the plastic taught, also used a chamois leather at one point.
The medusa finish is messy though, very rare that was chosen.

Yes mate I do the same but find waitrose bags give a different quality finish to tesco!:rolleyes::) I tape around the edges too which keeps the plastic taught, also used a chamois leather at one point.
The medusa finish is messy though, very rare that was chosen.
Do you run your fingers through it for the Medusa? I've seen quite a bit of that round my neck of the woods.

I did an artex course about 12 yrs ago. Cost me £700. Still hasn't paid for itself!

The last 6 months I've had a load of calls to do artex it's mental. I keep knocking them back because I got rid of all the tools the old fella gave me for it. It definitely going to make a comeback.
On the coving front I've done a lot with the standard c 127 that I've put strips underneath and on top to give it a step.
You can buy the strips but they are expensive so I just used the bound edge of plasterboard. Works out cheaper even if you got to buy full boards.

The last 6 months I've had a load of calls to do artex it's mental. I keep knocking them back because I got rid of all the tools the old fella gave me for it. It definitely going to make a comeback.

I hope it does... think of all the reskims 5 years later :D