Colour problems

Rossi46

Private Member
Having a nightmare at the moment with indecisive customers that aren’t happy with the render colour they chose from the samples. In fact it’s happened a lot. Mono and thin coat. What more can you possibly do than show them a f’in sample?! Another thin coat job finished and I get a text saying they’re not sure about the colour now. Can I go over it!
Back to bagged mortar for me. Let the indecisive ***** piss B&Q about over colours.
Rant over:coffe:

had that before. just say you have to expect a difference in colour from a sample and different lights..

if they want to pay for you to physically make a fresh sample on site then theres not much more you can do

had that before. just say you have to expect a difference in colour from a sample and different lights..

if they want to pay for you to physically make a fresh sample on site then theres not much more you can do
Nightmare mate. I’ve come to dread doing it now.

I always get a bag of mono or sample of thin coat to go on the wall first, square metre, get them to confirm, sometimes I charge sometimes I don't, just depends on size of project then there's no contentious issues down the line.

Thin coat you can use 311 paint over but it will close it in a bit, mono is a bit more challenging, it's stabalizer but it's a different apperence.

Thin coat you can use 311 paint over but it will close it in a bit, mono is a bit more challenging, it's stabalizer but it's a different apperence.
Might price a paint but it’s 1mm so like you say it could definitely look different.

Having a nightmare at the moment with indecisive customers that aren’t happy with the render colour they chose from the samples. In fact it’s happened a lot. Mono and thin coat. What more can you possibly do than show them a f’in sample?! Another thin coat job finished and I get a text saying they’re not sure about the colour now. Can I go over it!
Back to bagged mortar for me. Let the indecisive ***** piss B&Q about over colours.
We did some princess grey today. Kid I was with said that's f**k**g whisper grey . Anyway it's on customers happy

Still can’t make my mind up if I like the look of thin coat. Just finishing a big job that’s using it. They are painting it.

I would say a good 90% my customers ask for for off whites I give them a list of local houses I've done,
Double coating primer can make a big difference to colour shade

F

Nothing worse than them texts from customers
Even when You did what you was told.. usually it is this the right colour we choose
Them samples in reality never looks the same

Your welcome

I had the same with a Jub thin coat job, two adjacent wall 90 degrees to one another and the same batch number but no, the bitch was adamant it was two shades!

Pointed out the sun is on one bleeding wall the other is in the twatting shade and buggered off.

Never work for single women there is a reason why they are not married.

We have used this straight over the top of K Rend..does the job but not cheap...specced by Dulux

Whats 311 paint? Fassa do a paint to go over thin coat.

Did a job for Turks. You may have seen pics a few years back. Dried a different shade on each segment. Turk tells him it's still f**k**g drying lol

Oh mate , I can’t offer much advice but I try keep to the basic colours on Weber chart to make life easier ,rather have your colour issues than my 2.4 metre vertical cracks one
Stay cool