claim by customer

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
Just wanted some opinions on a problem ive come across...did a full reskim a few weeks ago and on our first day they had all their virgin boxes installed....in one room we were to rip down the ceiling, board and skim the full room.... I put the virgin box in a rubble sack to protect it and did the work...got a call yesterday and customer said they can hear grit in the box now and are replacing it at a cost of £250...they told me ive got to pay the cost even though the box works fine. Ive agreed to pay it but just wondered what others would do?
Not in a million years would I pay for new box coz they could hear dust lol how can they prove the dust wasn't There before? It's simple go round with a Hoover and then tell them to f**k off :)

Is this big Barry bashem up??
image.jpeg

Not in a million years would I pay for new box coz they could hear dust lol how can they prove the dust wasn't There before? It's simple go round with a Hoover and then tell them to f**k off :)

I suspect he has not told the whole story on this, who shakes there sky/virgin box to check for dust anyway.

So come on @Lodan spill the beans what really happened

I suspect he has not told the whole story on this, who shakes there sky/virgin box to check for dust anyway.

So come on @Lodan spill the beans what really happened
Exactly what I said mate, all was fine, paid up and left the job a week ago, got a phone call saying grit was in the box which they were worried would affect the wiring so were requesting a new one and needed to claim the cost from me...i never said they shook it ve no idea what they did as I wasnt there just got the txt

Id be keeping that text or printing it out ... like I said days ago you only know theres grit in it if your turning it upside down or man handling it .... load of b*ll***s if you ask me especially if its still working .... let them leave a review and like I said before just reply with ' they wanted me to pay for a new sat box even though the existing one is working ' ..... Only email them now, not text or call then its all in writing and let them sue you over £250 notes .... small claims look at who's being fair, stupid etc not wild guesses or what might happen etc

Exactly what I said mate, all was fine, paid up and left the job a week ago, got a phone call saying grit was in the box which they were worried would affect the wiring so were requesting a new one and needed to claim the cost from me...i never said they shook it ve no idea what they did as I wasnt there just got the txt

Without shaking it how do you suspect they can hear grit in it ? Do you not find this very odd that they would or anyone else for that matter would do this, in addition why would you agree to pay if you didn't do anything wrong ? Come clean my friend cleanse your soul you will feel better for it

Is everyone else missing the obvious here?
You don't need to shake the box to hear what's inside.
I'm sure they've moved it a few times since with decorating, moving things around so could hear it if there was any in there.
Lodan you need proof of any damage before you agree to pay! I'd pop in unannounced and ask to look at it.
They may have damaged it when moving it and are simply trying to get you to cough up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fook it .... just turn up, ask to see then go mental and start smashin it up then pop her husband flush in the chops .... *Falling Down 2 : Fall of a Plasterer*

Without shaking it how do you suspect they can hear grit in it ? Do you not find this very odd that they would or anyone else for that matter would do this, in addition why would you agree to pay if you didn't do anything wrong ? Come clean my friend cleanse your soul you will feel better for it
Are you a bit mad mate...ive no idea if they shook it or not, maybe they moved it and heard something inside so gave it a shake. I agreed to pay it because its through my builder and theyve not left a review yet...i should tell them to go f**k themselves to be honest it never should have been installed as major work started, the didnt even move in until i was done, but if I do that its instant negative review. The site is bringing me a fair bit of business in and I dont want to jeopodize the potential future revenue for the sake of £250

I'm sure they've moved it a few times since with decorating, moving things around so could hear it if there was any in there.
Lodan you need proof of any damage before you agree to pay! I'd pop in unannounced and ask to look at it.
They may have damaged it when moving it and are simply trying to get you to cough up!

Lol you are kidding me, you don't need to shake a box to hear what's inside ffs

I cnt believe there's 4 pages on this..need a newbie to start a s*p*r*lex v plasiflex thread..lodan shudnt pay I think he gets the point every1 is making its horses for courses end of day its him who gets a negative review..wen I 1st started out I would of done anything to enhance keep my reputation..dont forget he's just starting out..i wudnt pay in a million years but I'm sure lodan wudnt in 10-15 years time wen he knows how it works and he's established

I cnt believe there's 4 pages on this..need a newbie to start a s*p*r*lex v plasiflex thread..lodan shudnt pay I think he gets the point every1 is making its horses for courses end of day its him who gets a negative review..wen I 1st started out I would of done anything to enhance keep my reputation..dont forget he's just starting out..i wudnt pay in a million years but I'm sure lodan wudnt in 10-15 years time wen he knows how it works and he's established

I wouldn't pay if it was my first job tbh

I wouldn't pay if it was my first job tbh
Not decided what im doing yet, just said I need invoice and the old box, hopefully if theyre robbing on the cost that will put them off....to be honest not heard from them since I sent that txt....if it wasnt on the site I wouldnt pay...i got 3 positive review and it show up you percentage of positive on your profile...1 negative puts me to 75% and it looks really bad.....im going to drink a load of beer and have a good think.....got a stairs to skim tomorrow and dreading it...both sides down the stairs, little terraced house so hall is abou 3ft wide...need the beer to make me feel a bit better

Not decided what im doing yet, just said I need invoice and the old box, hopefully if theyre robbing on the cost that will put them off....to be honest not heard from them since I sent that txt....if it wasnt on the site I wouldnt pay...i got 3 positive review and it show up you percentage of positive on your profile...1 negative puts me to 75% and it looks really bad.....im going to drink a load of beer and have a good think.....got a stairs to skim tomorrow and dreading it...both sides down the stairs, little terraced house so hall is abou 3ft wide...need the beer to make me feel a bit better
That's y them sites are on publics side..can c wat u mean ur not guna get shortlisted wen on 75% and some1 above u Is on 90-100%..how much u pulled in from it?

That's y them sites are on publics side..can c wat u mean ur not guna get shortlisted wen on 75% and some1 above u Is on 90-100%..how much u pulled in from it?
With the big job I did and the big job im on and what I got booked in for the next few weeks about 7k....its nearly all my workload apart from 4 or 5 1 or 2 dayers ive got booked in

With the big job I did and the big job im on and what I got booked in for the next few weeks about 7k....its nearly all my workload apart from 4 or 5 1 or 2 dayers ive got booked in
Working out a bit more actually with stuff booked in

Just read this, if you pay for that Lodan, you need to give your head a wobble.
Who told them it was £250???
I can get 3 of them for that.
Is it a TiVo?
That aside, it's a load of bollox, dust affecting the wiring? Are they on glue?
What on earth do they think goes through the vents over time? Nothing?
If you really craved the review I'd buy them a new TiVo for £90 and take their old one and sell it.
I will hate you for doing so though, do what jurek said about the courts, they'll soon lose interest.
Do you know any other trades that have worked for them?? See if they've tried anything on with others.
Cnuts

Used to get this s**t all the time I've been accused of nicking a bullterrier a fly net and a set of sauce pans [emoji3] me and the bullterrier are on the couch now trying pasta sauces out of some posh pans and no flys in the house it's great[emoji106]

Just read this, if you pay for that Lodan, you need to give your head a wobble.
Who told them it was £250???
I can get 3 of them for that.
Is it a TiVo?
That aside, it's a load of bollox, dust affecting the wiring? Are they on glue?
What on earth do they think goes through the vents over time? Nothing?
If you really craved the review I'd buy them a new TiVo for £90 and take their old one and sell it.
I will hate you for doing so though, do what jurek said about the courts, they'll soon lose interest.
Do you know any other trades that have worked for them?? See if they've tried anything on with others.
Cnuts

Spot on :tanguero:

On a serious note though they are scum trying it on gather all the evidence you need print out texts/emails etc don't be rude just get them where you need them to be and if they leave a bad review send it all in to my builder with a letter explaining your side of the story mate I bet they remove it, also I've done around 40 jobs with reviews none negative about work but they will mark you down on cleanliness , timekeeping etc no matter what you do I've had two do it ones mom was a cleaner and gave me a 20 quid tip for being so tidy only for the Fanny son to mark me down on cleanliness haha must have been his pocket money[emoji3]