Is this good quality plastering? Am I being ripped off? Advice

Yes but we are talking about self employed here not a buisness? What's different overheads of a self employed 1 man band to a nurse who travels to work?

there is a lot of difference from a direct employed person to a self employed person. the self employed person has got to supply for themselves, holiday pay, sick pay, pension, redundant payments, shares in the company, golden handshakes.
Even I as a single self employed person have overheads, fuel, rent on 2 garages for storage, a pickup truck with its running costs. i do keep my expenses to a minimum, no accountant. no bank overdraft, no loans to finance. 90% of my work is private only 1 builder whom i have worked for for over 40 years and shall we say that he is a little understanding.

Nothing different I guess if you turn up in your dusty Ford Fiesta with a speed skim on site.

If you are a contractor were you going to store all your machines...tools etc? back of the van? Be lucky to get a a secure unit round here for under £600 a month...and insurances? vans, tools, machines, public and employee liability, storage insurance

Costs me minimum £50 a day in overheads just to go to work!

Not been funny RHardy but you sound like one of those that mouths off about how much the boss is making and how little you are earning without having a clue how much it costs to run a business.
We said self employed not a company owner. Self employed overheads are virtually nothing.

Van and van insurance just the same as anyone needing a car and car insurance to get to work. Public liability 100 a year and maybe 100 pounds of tools a year on average. What other overheads are there for a standard self employed internal spread?

You can choose to spend 40k on a van to get to work just as some people choose to claim 40k on a car to get to work. It works out cheaper for us if anything as its tax deducted

Brimy mate I'm making a point.i turn way over vat threshold .freed makes out he makes £300-£400 a day every day.bolloxs
I make more than him and my overheads aint that much
OK, but my overheads are more like his. I don't get to work everyday, so I charge more, typically 500 /day for a stove install, and may have to pay for my lab if I use them.