Ceiling flatness after skimming

Members online

1616254692088.png

Maybe be flat, but out of level. DIYMatt would not be happy with that.

Cool I'm a cock for trying to get the professional opinion of another plasterer to determine if this was good standard of plastering job or not. No problem.
You confirmed your cock status when you put the straight edge on the ceiling.

You confirmed your cock status when you put the straight edge on the ceiling.
Cool so I noticed a hollow spot and I put a straight edge to confirm my suspicion and that makes me a cock. How about a little courtesy and respect for people here...

Cool so I noticed a hollow spot and I put a straight edge to confirm my suspicion and that makes me a cock. How about a little courtesy and respect for people here...
Apologies Mr cock, should of used a little filler instead of the straight edge.

I think people forget you are starting with a bucket of water which is level at the top when it is on the floor. After that everything I'd done free hand with a trowel.

Thank you again. Has given me reassurance.
You lost any complaining power when you did the boarding anyway.

If you rang him about it he'd just blame you and say you're only as good as your substrate.

It's why nobody let's the customer board.

Except Casper. He's glad of the excuse.

You lost any complaining power when you did the boarding anyway.

If you rang him about it he'd just blame you and say you're only as good as your substrate.

It's why nobody let's the customer board.

Except Casper. He's glad of the excuse.
Ok Hong Kong Phooey

I do sincerely apologise sir for making use of this forum to ask the "opinion" of someone else in the trade and taking your time out of the day for an answer (exactly why forums like this exist).

I can do all the research I want but its the professional opinion I'm after, something which may not be documented on some site or official document. And one of the main reasons I asked was someone else told me things like these are usually taken care of when the plasterer goes over using an ox speedskim or similar tool. But everyone has their own opinion and way of doing things I suppose.

I do sincerely apologise sir for making use of this forum to ask the "opinion" of someone else in the trade and taking your time out of the day for an answer (exactly why forums like this exist).

I can do all the research I want but its the professional opinion I'm after, something which may not be documented on some site or official document. And one of the main reasons I asked was someone else told me things like these are usually taken care of when the plasterer goes over using an ox speedskim or similar tool. But everyone has their own opinion and way of doing things I suppose.
This forum has a lot of people with superiority complex it comes with being a plasterer its part of your qualfication or time served that you must think you are better than any other plasterer or any person asking a simple question
Unless you are in the clique then you will be welcomed into the superiority crew
They are the cocks

You noticed a 1mm hollow? :risas:
I love the fact you think you would of levelled the ceiling perfectly level

This forum has a lot of people with superiority complex it comes with being a plasterer its part of your qualfication or time served that you must think you are better than any other plasterer or any person asking a simple question
Unless you are in the clique then you will be welcomed into the superiority crew
They are the cocks

This forum is one of the best on the internet.

Have you read the crispy house diary?

Last edited: