Bad crack big ceiling

O okay no worries pal Just want to say though I didn’t board it I just put some extra screws in and over skimmed
Just skim tape alone won’t solve all cracks. I would of thought about over boarding it 1st if it was a large area

Overboard all ceilings it's an extra £300 quid why wouldn't you? The customers sh*t themselves when you tel them there is a risk of it falling down. Always an easy sale.

Age of property and length of spans makes me wonder if joist timbers a bit too small and/or are flexing. As noted, board arrangement a bit odd.

Jury's out (in my mind) on that, but an interesting approach.
It's the nails or screw heads that I worry about hitting using planer. I can't see it either. Anyway. 10 mins with tungsten can cover some ground and set tape in channel and job done. Was always the bump that showed with surface tapes and many times mesh failed me on surface or setting in. There is a test of tapes on YouTube and in every one mesh came out worst. Was interesting

Ahh right i thought it was for plaster board aswell

that was the reason that BG introduced multi finish . we needed 3 different bags to carry out a simple job. sirapite needed an amount of thistle board finish and an amount of lime to slow down the setting time.
sirapite would set in about 30 min. with no other added plaster.

Ah, I remember the days when we used to sell handyman bags of all the different plasters and finishes in my parent's shop. I was like the dim shop assistant in Open All Hours, I didn't have a clue what the different ones were for, and just let the customer decide.

Age of property and length of spans makes me wonder if joist timbers a bit too small and/or are flexing. As noted, board arrangement a bit odd.
the worst ceilings for cracking are those boarded with the old plaster lath boards. 1200 x 400. these had a round edge and the joints where not scrimed. these ceilings need an overboard.

the worst ceilings for cracking are those boarded with the old plaster lath boards. 1200 x 400. these had a round edge and the joints where not scrimed. these ceilings need an overboard.
I remember those, weren't you supposed to use a hessian scrim?