Best product to render internal brick?

Members online

Dazls

Hi all, so iv recently managed to buy my first house. Due to the poor overall condition iv gutted the property back to bear brick and plan to do most of the work myself. I realise some will say this is a bad idea but I have very limited funds but plenty of time.

House is semi detached. Outer internal walls are double skin with cavity and dpc injection upto around 1 meter.

Interior walls are minimal, only hallway and dividing walls upstairs between bedrooms. These are single skin.

Original plaster I believe was lime with visable horse hair. Most of this had crumbled away. Bricks have been thoroughly cleaned with wire brush on an angle grinder and loose mortar raked out to around 2cm deep.

Bricks are in good condition, walls are fairly uneven as expected. No sign whatsoever of damp or salt.

Also replacing lathe ceiling with Plasterboard.

After plenty of research I'm still unsure of the best approach now for render?

1. Sand, cement and lime as was originally there? Not keen on this idea as it crumbles so easily?

2. I believe as I have a cavity and no damp the walls don't need to breath so I could use just sand and cement render with waterproofer?

3. Hardwall, in which case should I point walls with mortar first or let the Hardwall do the pointing as a sort of key?

4. I also read about possibly using sand cement render for pointing / scratch coat then Hardwall over this as second coat?

Two coats will definitely be needed due to unevenness of the walls.

Really appreciate any advice. I know some will slate me for not hiring someone but its simply not an option I can afford. I want to learn myself even if it means re doing it and its a big deal to me to completing the house myself.

Plasterboard is not an option I fancy, I have heavy radiators to fit and I want the practice with wet plaster.

Photo is bricks before cleaning. Will post more recent tommorow.
20210624_202955.jpg