Attaching radiator to insulated board.

grounzero

I've got some really heavy radiators I want to attach to insulated plasterboard that has brought the wall out around 60mm.

The guy that did the first fix plumbing recommended chopping out where the rad brackets are to go and dub in with something the fixings could bite on to.

I mentioned this to the plasterer who disagreed saying Corefix or Rigifix dot and dab fixings would sort it out and went ahead and dabbed the wall. Now the wall is done I looked at the Corefix / Rigifix and they say max 30mm gap between back wall and plastered finish but my gap is around 60mm.

So I am going with what the plumber said and chop out a bit of the wall where the brackets are to go as I can't find any suitable fixings.

My question is what would be best to fill in the gap in the wall with? Hardwall, bonding, sand and cement or something better? The wall is about 100 year old brick which I tanked with SBR and cement mix as the original cement has gone back to sand

I've got some really heavy radiators I want to attach to insulated plasterboard that has brought the wall out around 60mm.

The guy that did the first fix plumbing recommended chopping out where the rad brackets are to go and dub in with something the fixings could bite on to.

I mentioned this to the plasterer who disagreed saying Corefix or Rigifix dot and dab fixings would sort it out and went ahead and dabbed the wall. Now the wall is done I looked at the Corefix / Rigifix and they say max 30mm gap between back wall and plastered finish but my gap is around 60mm.

So I am going with what the plumber said and chop out a bit of the wall where the brackets are to go as I can't find any suitable fixings.

My question is what would be best to fill in the gap in the wall with? Hardwall, bonding, sand and cement or something better? The wall is about 100 year old brick which I tanked with SBR and cement mix as the original cement has gone back to sand
Out of interest , does anyone know the weight limit for foam fixed boards lol

Drill 6mm hole and waz these in

B09629C7-4B9F-4F9C-AFB4-A18FBE385BED.jpeg

or get these rads
F3FACA5E-C355-417D-9628-9DE9581F9DB3.jpeg

already got the rads unfortunately!

Had to do this yesterday. Tbf, I’d already screwed wood to the wall under the IPB for the brackets, but In one room, I changed the size of radiator so brackets didn’t coincide with the wood. Rads were cast iron ‘effect’ so not particularly heavy and was going to put in some copper pipe as someone suggested, but with Just the concrete fixings, they pulled in tight and solid, so job done. If you’re putting propers cast iron rads on, chop out the board with a multi tool, screw wood to the wall, make good, then use coach screws on the brackets. Done that before on rads that we’re a 2 man lift!