Bron Tomlinson

Hi everybody I hope everybody is well, I've posted in this forum a few times asking for work but I've had no look, let me explain my situation a little..I've always been a labourer for plasterers since I left school and I've always wanted to take plastering as a career choice, but I know plastering is a hit and miss game, it's all swings and roundabouts and I'm 19 now.. Now today I've been really really disheartened and messed about so bad and it's messed me up real bad, so basically i wasn't getting anywhere with anybody because they had no work on which I fully understand so I took a job working on the railways.. And I've been at this job for a while and during this job I just wanted to get back into plastering because I missed it.. So I started having a look around and spoke to a few plasterers and the one who messed me around came across as a really nice guy.. And he said he had loads of work on and was willing to take me on, so I said that sounds great! But I said I'd like to see how much work he has on over a few weeks before I leave my job fully because the job I had on the railway was a job for life, that paid me really really good money, stupid amount of money for my age it's crazy money on there. And people was calling me crazy for wanting to leave it. But hey I'd rather do something I actually want to do than something I don't hence why I messaging this guy, but anyway we kept in contact and last week he said right he has loads of work on now that he's up to his eyeballs in it, so after a hard think. A discussion with my old man and mum, I decided to take him up on his offer so I handed in my notice at my work place the railway.. And I left it a few days and gave him a message asking when I can start, and he said he will be in contact the next few days. And I didn't hear anything so I gave him a message last night, and he replied to me this morning, this exact sentence *sorry mate I can't take you on at the moment anymore* then that was that he ignored my phone calls and ignored my messages ive tried all day to ring him today and it seems as tho he has now blocked my number, so now I'm left with literally nothing.. I had a really really great job, with really good money, a career and job for life. Just to come back into plastering and then that happens, I literally have lost everything, I'm not trying to give a sympathy story so somebody's will feel sorry for me and spoon feed me a job. But i was just wondering because I really am a eager lad and I gave everything I have to come back into this trade, literally. I'm not like your normal 19 year old lad. I've never been out of work ever.. I never moan. I don't mind long hours and days, I like working away and I just enjoy the trade in general, so i was wondering if anybody wants a lad who wants to learn the trade properly I mean I can even put a first coat on not saying it's perfect because I am still learning but it's something I want to put my heart and soul in. But if anybody is after a lad please message me I'm from the Wolverhampton area.. My contact number is 07802627739,

I pray somebody could have use for me, have a nice evening/morning guys

Contact the railway company and get on your knees and beg for your job back, how anyone would want to come out a job like that to be a plasterer I do not know. It's the shitest trade out there which ruins your body and makes your life hell.

Hi everybody I hope everybody is well, I've posted in this forum a few times asking for work but I've had no look, let me explain my situation a little..I've always been a labourer for plasterers since I left school and I've always wanted to take plastering as a career choice, but I know plastering is a hit and miss game, it's all swings and roundabouts and I'm 19 now.. Now today I've been really really disheartened and messed about so bad and it's messed me up real bad, so basically i wasn't getting anywhere with anybody because they had no work on which I fully understand so I took a job working on the railways.. And I've been at this job for a while and during this job I just wanted to get back into plastering because I missed it.. So I started having a look around and spoke to a few plasterers and the one who messed me around came across as a really nice guy.. And he said he had loads of work on and was willing to take me on, so I said that sounds great! But I said I'd like to see how much work he has on over a few weeks before I leave my job fully because the job I had on the railway was a job for life, that paid me really really good money, stupid amount of money for my age it's crazy money on there. And people was calling me crazy for wanting to leave it. But hey I'd rather do something I actually want to do than something I don't hence why I messaging this guy, but anyway we kept in contact and last week he said right he has loads of work on now that he's up to his eyeballs in it, so after a hard think. A discussion with my old man and mum, I decided to take him up on his offer so I handed in my notice at my work place the railway.. And I left it a few days and gave him a message asking when I can start, and he said he will be in contact the next few days. And I didn't hear anything so I gave him a message last night, and he replied to me this morning, this exact sentence *sorry mate I can't take you on at the moment anymore* then that was that he ignored my phone calls and ignored my messages ive tried all day to ring him today and it seems as tho he has now blocked my number, so now I'm left with literally nothing.. I had a really really great job, with really good money, a career and job for life. Just to come back into plastering and then that happens, I literally have lost everything, I'm not trying to give a sympathy story so somebody's will feel sorry for me and spoon feed me a job. But i was just wondering because I really am a eager lad and I gave everything I have to come back into this trade, literally. I'm not like your normal 19 year old lad. I've never been out of work ever.. I never moan. I don't mind long hours and days, I like working away and I just enjoy the trade in general, so i was wondering if anybody wants a lad who wants to learn the trade properly I mean I can even put a first coat on not saying it's perfect because I am still learning but it's something I want to put my heart and soul in. But if anybody is after a lad please message me I'm from the Wolverhampton area.. My contact number is 07802627739,

Hate people like that!
I get people asking left right and centre trying to get into the trade who you can tell couldn't give a s**t.
I've had 3 over the last few years who didn't last or generally couldn't be arsed.

But now due to the way I like to work and I have the luxury at the minute to work when I want or don't want for the next couple of years I keep telling them that due to this I wouldn't be of benefit to them as I may decide 1 week I don't want to do a full week or only take minimal work on.
At the minute I only take work on that either interests me or is a change from the norm or regular customers.
Which for someone wanting to learn isn't the best for them.

But if you were local to me I'd take you on because I generally can tell from the message you want to learn the trade.
It's a shite trade at the minute and too many toss pots who couldn't give a s**t are ruining it and we all get a bad name stereotypically because of it.

Unfortunately I'm doncasterribly based so I can't really help.

I genuinely hope that one of the decent lads on here does the best of luck.

Ps if you really want it take it on the chin and don't give up!!
I know it's easier said than done

What a f**k**g c**t, you get way too many bullshitting Barry big b*ll***s in the building trade dude, all of them talk themselves up and promise the world.

Definitely feel for ya, you made a mistake walking from your job though over word promises.. Put it down to inexperience though, we all been there!

When I was your age all I wanted to do was plaster, f**k*d lots of s**t up and got plenty of knock backs, confidence took a hammering but its what I wanted to do so stuck at it, now Im 30, pick and choose what work I do and live the life of riley really. Keep at it and don't think you are the only one whose found it hard to get started, dont listen to the bullshitters who were born successful. Good luck bro dude \m/

I agree with Stuart23 , you should beg for your job back.
PAYE , holidays , pension , retirement
Plastering is the worst trade , only good till ya body cant do it anymore then your on the scrap heap with feck all
All self employed now , work your arse off on sites for a sum not far off the minimum wage after all your hidden expenses when there is work and you can feck off when theres no work.
Not ideal for mortgages etc , you get hurt or injured and your finished.
Grand when your young and hungry and fit , but give it 20 years and youll be paid less and expected to work harder.
Domestic is good but you need a good few years experience and good people skills.
Hope it works out but my advice is that you had a good thing on the railways but like all walks of life , you work hard it pays off
Sorry cant help , im based in Ireland

Sorry to hear that bron, ive been lucky and had good honest blokes take me on when i was your age. Agree with what the lads above have advised to you but if its what you want then dont give up there are still good blokes out there in our game.

I agree with Stuart23 , you should beg for your job back.
PAYE , holidays , pension , retirement
Plastering is the worst trade , only good till ya body cant do it anymore then your on the scrap heap with feck all
All self employed now , work your arse off on sites for a sum not far off the minimum wage after all your hidden expenses when there is work and you can feck off when theres no work.
Not ideal for mortgages etc , you get hurt or injured and your finished.
Grand when your young and hungry and fit , but give it 20 years and youll be paid less and expected to work harder.
Domestic is good but you need a good few years experience and good people skills.
Hope it works out but my advice is that you had a good thing on the railways but like all walks of life , you work hard it pays off
Sorry cant help , im based in Ireland
f**k me I feel like hanging myself after reading that

that geezer is a total c**t doing that to a young eager lad get your job back on the rail there will always be there as for plastering not so sure

Contact the railway company and get on your knees and beg for your job back, how anyone would want to come out a job like that to be a plasterer I do not know. It's the shitest trade out there which ruins your body and makes your life hell.

Move to Glasgow mate we're f**k**g coining it in (y)

On a very serious note mate providing you left on good terms beg and eat humble pie...works not always about what you want to do but what quality of life it can provide you!

Plastering really us the pits mate!

People don't pick plastering it sort of creeps up on you and some how you end up covered in plasterer moaning about it on here ;)

I know a painting firm whos starting taking on the plastering side of it all.....last 12 months he said has been the most stressed hes ever been.
"Painting goes good week bad week,
But the fuucking plastering side is good hour bad hour".....i pissed myself with laughter !!!!!!!

Go and get your job back. I would have swapped jobs with you I s**t u not.

man that sucks.... if someone has let you down once.... they will do it again... I always do my best to keep my word and I always hope people return it...

If you cant get your old job back then I would chalk this up as a lesson and move on.... your only young so got plenty of time yet

man that sucks.... if someone has let you down once.... they will do it again... I always do my best to keep my word and I always hope people return it...

If you cant get your old job back then I would chalk this up as a lesson and move on.... your only young so got plenty of time yet
Keep your word???? Where is my glass or mug i want a glass but will settle for a mug.
U c**t.

If I don't get it your going in the c**t section.

Thanks theclemo the new mod

Keep your word???? Where is my glass or mug i want a glass but will settle for a mug.
U c**t.

Ive been kissing his hole for years now ....not even as much as a "like".
Ye lets bring this to the c**t section haha !!!

U c**t.

You have to win one first :D

They always get shipped :D Just a little late every now and again