Who's changed there minds on Brexit

Members online

No members online now.
You wouldn't understand because you don't even know who you are or may be you hate who you are or just lost in the world of the lefties beautiful melting pot.
So you can't name a law then?

So you can't name a law then?
That is a bit of a lopsided argument being as for the last two EU parliaments at least the Majority of our Members of the EU Parliament have abstained from voting.
The UKs position in the EU has faltered massively since David Cameron changed his allegiance from the Franco German voting block alliance over the promises made not to put Jean Claude Junker into the EU Commissioners post which he voted against.
If Jeremy gets in power and we stay in wait for all the things in his manifesto which he won’t be able to deliver as it goes against EU dictacts
I keep telling you to read about the EU but you just keep looking at Wikipedia. It’s time you investigated it and made your own conclusions you are getting to old to believe what others write

Like this prick yeah?

Not surprised , was curious when he spoke , only surprised their weren't a few more obvious in the public section , the guy with a beard was same , TV caught him shaking hands with Jeremy on the way out

That is a bit of a lopsided argument being as for the last two EU parliaments at least the Majority of our Members of the EU Parliament have abstained from voting.
The UKs position in the EU has faltered massively since David Cameron changed his allegiance from the Franco German voting block alliance over the promises made not to put Jean Claude Junker into the EU Commissioners post which he voted against.
If Jeremy gets in power and we stay in wait for all the things in his manifesto which he won’t be able to deliver as it goes against EU dictacts
I keep telling you to read about the EU but you just keep looking at Wikipedia. It’s time you investigated it and made your own conclusions you are getting to old to believe what others write
No it's just for 3 years leave voters have stated "we don't want the EU making our laws" but when questioned on it not a single one has ever been able to state a law brought in by the EU that they don't agree with. It's not exactly a "lopsided" question I think it's perfectly fair

Not surprised , was curious when he spoke , only surprised their weren't a few more obvious in the public section , the guy with a beard was same , TV caught him shaking hands with Jeremy on the way out
Stop the press, Jeremy shakes hands with a member of the electorate

No it's just for 3 years leave voters have stated "we don't want the EU making our laws" but when questioned on it not a single one has ever been able to state a law brought in by the EU that they don't agree with. It's not exactly a "lopsided" question I think it's perfectly fair
I understand that side of your argument but you asked what laws our MEPs had voted against? I just pointed out that the majority of our MEPs abstained for at least the last two European Parliaments.
A couple of E U laws that you dont agree with are not being allowed to nationalise water, electric, rail and anything else Labour wants to also not allowed to subsidise British firms all because of what’s perceived as an unfair advantage if you do, which if you follow the logic of that you will see that these so called workers rights and environment protections are to keep a level playing field and not for the workers or the environment which we are told by Labour, I do not blame the left wing of Labour for this omission it is the likes of the Blairite Kier Starmer that keeps this hidden

I understand that side of your argument but you asked what laws our MEPs had voted against? I just pointed out that the majority of our MEPs abstained for at least the last two European Parliaments.
A couple of E U laws that you dont agree with are not being allowed to nationalise water, electric, rail and anything else Labour wants to also not allowed to subsidise British firms all because of what’s perceived as an unfair advantage if you do, which if you follow the logic of that you will see that these so called workers rights and environment protections are to keep a level playing field and not for the workers or the environment which we are told by Labour, I do not blame the left wing of Labour for this omission it is the likes of the Blairite Kier Starmer that keeps this hidden
"A couple of E U laws that you dont agree with are not being allowed to nationalise water, electric, rail and anything else Labour wants to also not allowed to subsidise British firms"
Simply not true

"A couple of E U laws that you dont agree with are not being allowed to nationalise water, electric, rail and anything else Labour wants to also not allowed to subsidise British firms"
Simply not true
I suggest you look into the EU, you will find they stop anything that allows unfair competition within the block which includes nationisation and subsidies, it is one of the main principles of the EU, no one within the block is allowed an unfair advantage. If you don’t understand that, it would seem to me you know nothing of the EU except that while you were growing up everything seemed okay therefore the EU must be good.
If you still will not read about it from both sides then there is nothing anyone can do to help you

I suggest you look into the EU, you will find they stop anything that allows unfair competition within the block which includes nationisation and subsidies, it is one of the main principles of the EU, no one within the block is allowed an unfair advantage. If you don’t understand that, it would seem to me you know nothing of the EU except that while you were growing up everything seemed okay therefore the EU must be good.
If you still will not read about it from both sides then there is nothing anyone can do to help you
Your point isn't true. I don't need to read up about something I'm already aware of. There nationalised railways in most of the EU

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-24-18-25-18-296.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-11-24-18-25-18-296.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_2019-11-24-18-25-37-909.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-11-24-18-25-37-909.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Screenshot_2019-11-24-18-25-25-415.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-11-24-18-25-25-415.jpeg
    586.8 KB · Views: 265
Simply not true
If you had read further on or a different story in the Independent you will see that the fourth rail package which comes into effect in 2023 I think states that the nationalised rail companies of all member states ( you are correct the UK is the only member with private rail companies) are to be in the most part sold by tender to private companies to encourage better value for money for rail users

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn had called on Theresa May to take a public stake in the company, having previously said that Brexit could be an opportunity to pump more cash into British industry.
He said that European Union (EU) rules restricted so-called "state aid", so Brexit could make it easier for the British government to support the British steel industry.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn had called on Theresa May to take a public stake in the company, having previously said that Brexit could be an opportunity to pump more cash into British industry.
He said that European Union (EU) rules restricted so-called "state aid", so Brexit could make it easier for the British government to support the British steel industry.
Yes easier, not that it isn't possible now

If you had read further on or a different story in the Independent you will see that the fourth rail package which comes into effect in 2023 I think states that the nationalised rail companies of all member states ( you are correct the UK is the only member with private rail companies) are to be in the most part sold by tender to private companies to encourage better value for money for rail users
There will be privatised elements but a large section of it nationalised is very possible. Similar to the NHS now

There will be privatised elements but a large section of it nationalised is very possible. Similar to the NHS now
I personally and you have to make your own mind up on this think that the nationalisation as you see it will be illegal under EU law. If a member state wants to nationalise a private company it will have to pay the going rate of the share price just as if it were a private company buy out.
I have pasted a answer page from the EU commission on this for you to read.

Parliamentary questions​
PDF 6k
spacer.gif
WORD 26k
13 May 2015​
E-003938/2015(ASW)
Answer given by Ms Vestager on behalf of the Commission​
Question reference: E-003938/2015

Article 345 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) enshrines the principle of neutrality of the Treaties as regards the system of property ownership in the Member States. It follows that the Treaties are also neutral as regards public or private ownership of undertakings.
In light of this, EC law does not prohibit the nationalisation of undertakings. It has to be pointed out, however, that a Member State nationalising a private undertaking has to act like a private market economy operator as regards both the purchase price and the management of the nationalised undertaking. Otherwise, State aid rules (Articles 107 and 108 TFEU) would apply.
The same is true as regards privatisation of public undertakings. If a Member State privatising a public undertaking does not act like a private market economy operator when setting the price, State aid rules would apply. A private market economy operator would, in general, be assumed to try to achieve the highest price possible for the undertaking in question. Market conditions can in general be assumed if an undertaking is privatised through the sale of shares on the stock exchange, for example, or if an open, transparent and unconditional tender has taken place and the undertaking has been sold to the highest bidder. For further details, the Commission would like to refer the Honourable Member to the 23rd Competition Policy report of 1993 as well as the Guidance paper on state aid compliant financing, restructuring and privatisation of state-owned enterprises(1).

Yes easier, not that it isn't possible now

Don't you worry about how the comon market trade deal that we were taken into it all on by Heath has grown into an empire building superstate that has denied the steps on its way like forming an eu military etc and doing it anyway ?
It's a construct to take wealth and power from the citizens and nations by stealth while flooding Europe with unsustainable and incompatible numbers of non European countries to fast to cope with on many levels ! Which helps eu puppet masters kill off nation state resistance by diverting people's eyes off the bigger plan which imo is not going to end well for the ordinary citizens !
Corruption, lies and danger to our people at the hands of the globalist elites carving up Europe at thier secret meetings will probably end in subservience or revolution if things continue at pace in the way they have over the last decades.
Resistance to these so called elites is evident with mass protests and riots every week now all around the world if you look and see !
The mainstream media ihere s no place to see what's really happening, but until they can switch off the WWW as they have in China, Iran, s,America etc we have a chance to find the truth of things for ourselves .

What now that someone has taken the time to prove that you're wrong?
Come on... Let's just let it go. @Mouldyoldspudgun I think would say he didn't prove me wrong, in the same way I didn't prove him wrong. It's abit of a grey area, after 2023 it looks like you wouldn't be able to fully nationalise rail, but you could still nationalise parts.
And remember this all arose because I asked for a law passed by the EU that the UK voted against yesterday and still noones managed to answer the question. Shall we keep going or agree to disagree?

Come on... Let's just let it go. @Mouldyoldspudgun I think would say he didn't prove me wrong, in the same way I didn't prove him wrong. It's abit of a grey area, after 2023 it looks like you wouldn't be able to fully nationalise rail, but you could still nationalise parts.
And remember this all arose because I asked for a law passed by the EU that the UK voted against yesterday and still noones managed to answer the question. Shall we keep going or agree to disagree?
I think you should keep going.