NEW POSTING - Friends who render (but should stick to plastering only)

wobblymummy23

Hi all!

Now I know that everyone charges differently... however, I have recently had rendering done (started Oct 22 finished Dec 24), not to a great standard for the money I paid but is done. Told me that he'd put excellerator in the render as they were working in freezing conditions. I just want to find out if I have seriously overpaid (I think I have according to other people who had the same done) for a 3 bed semi-detached all sides, sand & cement rendering, Weathershield painted and some rebricking around corners/windows and metal mesh on some parts: £10,650. This was a 'friend' who did this and left us in an awful mess after as well and broke stuff. A guy who had done some houses down our street quoted me £7k or £8k on invoice. The guy gave me a 3 year guarantee - however, I've just found out he's not listed on companies house and his business isn't registered at the address on the letter - so its probably worthless right? I wish I'd found this site beforehand. I can't trust anyone now - I will always have to go with a company who can take credit cards so I can have some insurance or guarantee :(

Hi all!

Now I know that everyone charges differently... however, I have recently had rendering done (started Oct 22 finished Dec 24), not to a great standard for the money I paid but is done. Told me that he'd put excellerator in the render as they were working in freezing conditions. I just want to find out if I have seriously overpaid (I think I have according to other people who had the same done) for a 3 bed semi-detached all sides, sand & cement rendering, Weathershield painted and some rebricking around corners/windows and metal mesh on some parts: £10,650. This was a 'friend' who did this and left us in an awful mess after as well and broke stuff. A guy who had done some houses down our street quoted me £7k or £8k on invoice. The guy gave me a 3 year guarantee - however, I've just found out he's not listed on companies house and his business isn't registered at the address on the letter - so its probably worthless right? I wish I'd found this site beforehand. I can't trust anyone now - I will always have to go with a company who can take credit cards so I can have some insurance or guarantee :(
Best to post pictures so the experienced renderers on here can actually tell how much you should of actually paid him

Hi all!

10K is cheap, pay cheap get a cheap job,
7K is feeding Eastern Europeans and destroying our economy,
Our job is extremely labor intense and a high skill set, and we are totally underpaid in comparison to other trades.

Hi all!

£10k all in, including scaffold and materials?

Ffs . I charged somebody £3k for a good paint job recently, with materials and a lift for the week.

So twice as much to render it sounds like a bargain to me.

If he did a good job of course.

£10k all in, including scaffold and materials?

Ffs . I charged somebody £3k for a good paint job recently, with materials and a lift for the week.

So twice as much to render it sounds like a bargain to me.

If he did a good job of course.
Your Quotation states,

This is a labor only price,
Customer must provide, materials,
And a lift to job and back until completed,

Many thanks for the inquiry, stevieo.

?

Your Quotation states,

This is a labor only price,
Customer must provide, materials,
And a lift to job and back until completed,

Many thanks for the inquiry, stevieo.

?
b2b13094-4511-47c3-a1cf-15097e57fa5c-5f7c35b21c677714469309.jpg

f**k em charge more, one off my customers just had a 90k bifold
I like it when they try and pull the "our budget" card when their obviously not short of a few bob. I will then inform them "Ok, tell you what , I'll give you a price on what its worth to me" then stick on 10% on the quote for arsehole tax. f**k em, all day long !