WHERE IS THE PLASTER?????

Not with every Punjab in sight ripping it off the shelves mate. The Diy stores need to put a policy in place that only trade can purchase it, only then will it be ok.

I'm a DIYer. What is wrong with me buying the odd bag from a DIY store?

The problem is 100% NOT DIYers. The problem is shopkeeper types buying up what they can and reselling on ebay.

The problem is 100% NOT DIYers. The problem is shopkeeper types buying up what they can and reselling on ebay.
Agreed on what the problem is, but they can't just refuse to serve them. They can't sort out who's a genuine DIYer and who's not.
Would love to see trade only for a few months while this s**t off eBay goes off in the sheds.

If you didn’t already know smart arse there is a national shortage of plaster and it is a main requirement for a plasterer to be able to do his job and put food on his table. So for the meantime your little Diy “project” can take a back seat as it’s not as important compared to a tradesman trying to survive and pay bills. My local Builders merchants are doing the right thing and are only supplying the trade with plaster at the moment!

Unless you have an account with Jewson they are very choosy. 5 bag only. But it seems if you’re face doesn’t fit you get nothing!! I go in to my local branch and pick up a flexitub or a dustsheet then approach the counter and ask nicely for multi. Seems to work lol

Helps if you go in looking like a plasterer n all. So that rules the other mob out

If you didn’t already know smart arse there is a national shortage of plaster and it is a main requirement for a plasterer to be able to do his job and put food on his table. So for the meantime your little Diy “project” can take a back seat as it’s not as important compared to a tradesman trying to survive and pay bills. My local Builders merchants are doing the right thing and are only supplying the trade with plaster at the moment!
Spot on there..a woman asked me to price a study and utility,boarded full study themselves and over skim utility,anyway at end of msg was I know there's a national shortage so we have 6 bags available so I gave price to supply and labour and said if your plaster is in date il take them 6 bags and knock £40 off the bill i bet my life she was expecting £200 knocked off.didnt hear back.f**k them all

Thing is tho every thing is rocketing double in price.i paid £600 4 a certain breed 3 years ago now there going for £2k plus,so I think the world is telling us something,BUT the amount of tramps that call themselves plasterers and charge £100 a day we have no chance of doubling our rates have we now

So if there was a shortage of washing up liquid would you stop buying it and pay a cleaner instead because its their livelihood ?

I was making a different point that a DIY stores is for well...the clue is in the name so why should you stop a DIYer buying from a DIY store ? A merchants - that's fair enough.

So if there was a shortage of washing up liquid would you stop buying it and pay a cleaner instead because its their livelihood ?

I was making a different point that a DIY stores is for well...the clue is in the name so why should you stop a DIYer buying from a DIY store ? A merchants - that's fair enough.
Ffs come up with a better metaphor than that,that is possible wank

Absolutely pathetic excuse!!!

Your analogy isn't 100% accurate. I get furloughed people are using the time to improve their homes, but Plastering isn't like cleaning, cleaning would be considered essential. A DIYer skimming a couple walls could potentially wait. People are right when they are saying their livelihoods are being impacted. I don't think anybody is asking too much.

Plenty of manufacturers make washing up liquid and is available in every corner shop.
only one manufacturer makes a decent enough plaster and people buying it can’t use it.

I’m getting 40 from jewsons Monday , buying 15 for £8 a bag off a spread , trying to get enough for 7 flats and a commercial unit that’s coming up , it’s impossible to get carlite now , every tradesperson has taken the plaster off sites and eBay has it for sale , this started with lockdown and the plaster was being sold to essential jobs only ie schools , hospitals, so they ordered in multi that wasn’t needed and a system started that caused panic buying and buying for profit, mostly English people in the game with connections , obviously there is people with Asian connections who will get materials through their contacts , but to put the shortfall down to Asians is the same mentality as the Nazis in the 1930s . BG isn’t coping with demand although they’re trying hard , we had this before , hopefully it gets sorted soon or we will be out of work , too many skimmers in the U.K. , only people with over 30 years experience with it should be allowed to buy plaster , fuk the greedy fuks on eBay

I’m getting 40 from jewsons Monday , buying 15 for £8 a bag off a spread , trying to get enough for 7 flats and a commercial unit that’s coming up , it’s impossible to get carlite now , every tradesperson has taken the plaster off sites and eBay has it for sale , this started with lockdown and the plaster was being sold to essential jobs only ie schools , hospitals, so they ordered in multi that wasn’t needed and a system started that caused panic buying and buying for profit, mostly English people in the game with connections , obviously there is people with Asian connections who will get materials through their contacts , but to put the shortfall down to Asians is the same mentality as the Nazis in the 1930s . BG isn’t coping with demand although they’re trying hard , we had this before , hopefully it gets sorted soon or we will be out of work , too many skimmers in the U.K. , only people with over 30 years experience with it should be allowed to buy plaster , fuk the greedy fuks on eBay
In glasgow area,gumtree only people selling it where asians 2 days ago.

The starnis are always the first to jump on any profiteering. FACT!!

They'll come unstuck at some point.
Oh worth mentioning; my son has started reporting any add selling plaster on Facebook Marketplace. When reported the add is immediately frozen. If spreads started reporting every add they see these wankers would really start to struggle.
That's good but why they
went in wickes early and missed it,5 bags only per person but theres 5 members of the same family with a trolley each..:censored: kept my mouth shut like a good boy
I seen that a lot wickes in barking