Where are you working today?

Stripping wallpaper in the past 3 days, 3 layers, gold wallpaper on top with fibres, then 2 layers of lining paper, does my head in. Done 2 days already 2 of us, hope to smash it out today. If you won't hear from me in the next week or two I probably jumped off the scaffold tower.

Attachments

• 1439026831811.jpg
    1439026831811.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 1439026842392.jpg
    1439026842392.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 344
Stripping wallpaper in the past 3 days, 3 layers, gold wallpaper on top with fibres, then 2 layers of lining paper, does my head in. Done 2 days already 2 of us, hope to smash it out today. If you won't hear from me in the next week or two I probably jumped off the scaffold tower.

I made the mistake of offering to strip wallpaper once. added £80 on to the job to cover my time... was there for a day and a half! There was about 854 layers of paper! Woodchip was turning into chewing gum, never again!

I made the mistake of offering to strip wallpaper once. added £80 on to the job to cover my time... was there for a day and a half! There was about 854 layers of paper! Woodchip was turning into chewing gum, never again!
Yeah been there before! More than once too, takes me a while to learn my lessons!

Been working in Cheltenham last three days on DIY SOS , great laugh but manic, had 90 people in a three bed semi yesterday, different plasterers using different systems, nelas MT , refinas, speedskims, spats, little bit of competive spirit but all in all it was great [emoji106]

All on my own today, the boy wonders gone to the park or something.
First set done, master bedroom 6bags on in one
Screenshot_2015-08-10-11-24-01.png

A quick 4 bagger coming up which er makes 10bags, then off to my new house to pour the workshop floor slab.(y)

All on my own today, the boy wonders gone to the park or something.
First set done, master bedroom 6bags on in one
View attachment 6530

A quick 4 bagger coming up which er makes 10bags, then off to my new house to pour the workshop floor slab.(y)

Do you knock couple bags up at a time? Surely not all 6. And did you lay down with same gear? You must get that gear on very quick mate.

Do you knock couple bags up at a time? Surely not all 6. And did you lay down with same gear? You must get that gear on very quick mate.

2 separate 3bag buckets scratch the first one on then speedskim, second bucket scratch the last wall on then lay the lot in.​
So one wall walls layed in with the same gear, while the ceiling and all the other walls with a different mix.

2 separate 3bag buckets scratch the first one on then speedskim, second bucket scratch the last wall on then lay the lot in.​
So one wall walls layed in with the same gear, while the ceiling and all the other walls with a different mix.
Do you have the gear like piss mate? And get it on nice n tight?

Fair play Scottie that's good going man was that yourself? And was it straight into plasterboard? Looks good

Cheers pal, yes it was Just me on my own yesterday all new boardwork though.
there's no way id be throwing that on as a reskim.

crappy kitchen to do today , one of these clients that doesnt listen to anything you tell them , units all been fitted so right pain to work around it all , bit of a cowboy job but i priced it not to get it so cant complain.

crappy kitchen to do today , one of these clients that doesnt listen to anything you tell them , units all been fitted so right pain to work around it all , bit of a cowboy job but i priced it not to get it so cant complain.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1439294096.973283.jpg
s**t kitchen as well no units to get round tho.

Jaybo ,
something like that all right!
One wall i was able to put moisture board on part of it and it was still shy! tracked a mess of pipes and lecky,
Ceiling only patched so its all ready for a couple of bags of skim to finish in the morning.

skimming out a large man cave on the 3rd floor of a grand design type house.
gable end all glass from ground floor up to the 3rd floor to enjoy the view of the estuary to the river colne.
nice job, does not really matter about the price.
the owner pulled a large victorian house down that was on the plot.

I took the day off. Made a bonfire at the bottom of the drive, took my youngest daughter out for a pub lunch, and now I'm off out with my dog.

Jaybo ,
something like that all right!
One wall i was able to put moisture board on part of it and it was still shy! tracked a mess of pipes and lecky,
Ceiling only patched so its all ready for a couple of bags of skim to finish in the morning.
Haha now I'll feel bad goner go back to mine Friday got told by the estate agents who we do work for that there was only two ceilings now there the hole kitchen and bathroom to do typical.

Aye know that one , this job was for a friend , over the phone a few months back it was a patch on the ceiling and sorting out a window that was to be moved.
Ended up stud walls built , doors blocked up , rewired , plumbing.
Im too busy as well but since i sorted out a bit of the work a few weeks back i feel obliged.
They dont understand all this patching and messing around costs way more than skimming out big areas.

That's just the type of job that gets ruined by some clown wanting stop beads in between the corrugated ceiling at the top [emoji109][emoji109]

In the triangle spaces you mean? They fill them with specially made bits of fire stop. Trapezoids i think there called. Needs vertical stop beads though obv.

In the triangle spaces you mean? They fill them with specially made bits of fire stop. Trapezoids i think there called. Needs vertical stop beads though obv.
Do you just hold a spat against the wall and press the up and down buttons on the scissor lift? :)

Nowhere today. Actually got to a gaff this morning about half seven. But this was the room I was going to start

The rest of the room was the same. Just went back home. Wasn't going to clear it. Then went to town and just wondered about in the sun. Got ripped off buying some Spanish cheese in some gourmet place.

Attachments

• 1439407162545.jpg
    1439407162545.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 409