Where are you working today?

we have done these mexican, californian finishes in sand and cement here in england but i bet they are difficult to patch up!
It's only difficult if you don't know how to approach it. When ever I''m patching stucco after covering I take a 4" diamond blade grinder and run it along the edge to back cut a groove or two along the perimeter, this gives the patching material something extra to "Key" to. I already mentioned using the Milestone material to match in the underlying base coat. the next day you can use a power hand sander on the edges, I was using a small Makita with #60 grit sand paper. After it's sanded all you have to do is match in the textures, just constantly study the existing textures that you are matching.

Nice day to have a job on the sea front
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1435645413.044933.jpg

I was stuck lifting 8x4 moisture boards up round an awkward hallway ,8 boards to dab i thought i was going to melt with the heat!
At least ive left only a ceiling for tomorrow which is supposed to be even hotter

Be weird saying you were from the UK then someone asking where and you saying Ireland :)
its a religious thing , load of shite , i couldnt care less

Too true John, too true.
I find the Orangemen would have answered 'northern Ireland'.
As per 'derry' & Londonderry.
Your a dolly mixture and I'm a plastic paddy [emoji1]

Too true John, too true.
I find the Orangemen would have answered 'northern Ireland'.
As per 'derry' & Londonderry.
Your a dolly mixture and I'm a plastic paddy [emoji1]

you know all the daft and awkward social stuff anyways :)
you still find yourself doing all that daft stuff its like a survival instinct from back in the day

Yeah its the island of Ireland but Northern Ireland which is part of UK with sterling etc , we still consider ourselves Irish but Northern Irish.
Its hard to explain :)

Yeah its the island of Ireland but Northern Ireland which is part of UK with sterling etc , we still consider ourselves Irish but Northern Irish.
Its hard to explain :)

Am irish john it f**k**g ireland lol. Do you do much work in the south. Am from co louth

Used to do a bit down there , mostly Dublin centre.
Worked for a great shopfitting outfit and few small builders.
Lived down in Drogheda for a couple of years but zero work! used to travel up here everyday.
Any work i did get was well paid €200 a day

I did a lot of work in drogheda in the boom. I did a site in drogheda called ash field. There is a good bit of work going on in drogheda now.

Aye seems to have picked up now everywhere ,
think you were working up near the hospital , i lived out near Donore.
At least you have unions and decent pay , up north they would cut your throat to get working for £70 a day

Wouldnt go near a site up here!
pub i think you mean in Drogheda is Matthews but know as something else that i forget now , great Guiness in it all right

Aye seems to have picked up now everywhere ,
think you were working up near the hospital , i lived out near Donore.
At least you have unions and decent pay , up north they would cut your throat to get working for £70 a day

I did this in donore in the church

How did you get on the last few years?
I found it hard like , seriously no work , no sites , no domestic, no nothing!
I left around 3 years ago , everything was so expensive and i was taking sterling down at pound for pound at the time.

got it now , thats a fair wee run , how many of you to do it?
Is that carlite or multi? We have this ultra finish which is grey but i find it goes off way to quick

Just noticed your name , one of my local pubs was called that , just pass the N2 out past Duleek , you know it? Any relation?

How did you get on the last few years?
I found it hard like , seriously no work , no sites , no domestic, no nothing!
I left around 3 years ago , everything was so expensive and i was taking sterling down at pound for pound at the time.

I was lucky john. Went in to my uncle slaughterhouse with good pay. Did small plastering jobs in the evenings. Then i went to oz to a place called port headland. Was getting $55 an hour take home and free digs. I was working 11 hours a day doing f**k all. Wife wanted me home so i come back. Was home 3 days went out for a drink. Bumped into a builder i used to work for he asked me was i working so i ended up doing 3 to 6 days a week with him. Then after about 6 months my phone was ringing like f**k. A lot of the builders i used to work for looking for me to price plastering and rendering job for them so i ended up going back working for myself.

good stuff , lucky as you say , real shame to see so many good men give it up.
I gave it up around 2005 , went back to school and got some exams and had a decent job but it was construction related and went, did a few part time jobs and nixers and its only the past year its picked up. Im working 7 days a week most of the time as i have a PT job that pays well and im reluctant to leave but the plastering is wild now and im turning jobs away.
Thinking of doing the same myself , if i can get past Xmas at the rate im at now.
One thing i know for sure , if i didnt have a trade i was good at , id be in trouble , always stood over me.
Even when your on a wage somewhere else , skimming a few rooms out meant you were ok.
Good luck with it and hope you stay busy and this really is a turnaround thats here to stay a while

Good stuff that clemo,
Me, I've just had to muddle through, I've been kept going on the whole, short weeks, sometimes a week or two without but you know what I mean.
You can imagine how s**t the money has been at times.......