What is the best Monocouche render?

Notty

Hi there,

I am looking to get my house rendered and after researching I am more confused than ever. We have had an extension and so the render is to go over the original brickwork and the block work of the extension.

Ideally I would like a render that is coloured, waterproof and flexible so doesn’t crack. I am also looking to achieve a finish such as Monocouche scratch and I want low/no maintenance so it needs to be resistant to mould/algae.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance, Alistair

What age and how big is the house? Any trees near by , main road ? Any pictures?

Not close to a major road or large trees. House is 1973 and extension was done 3 years ago. Hope these pics come through ok.
8317D945-9A7B-4D4F-949F-B30635AF2B08.jpeg
C7DDEF35-DF82-42F1-81E1-76A3CA5004AB.jpeg
C73BFB9E-1CB1-426A-9642-296D349D9A5B.jpeg

Hi there,

I am looking to get my house rendered and after researching I am more confused than ever. We have had an extension and so the render is to go over the original brickwork and the block work of the extension.

Ideally I would like a render that is coloured, waterproof and flexible so doesn’t crack. I am also looking to achieve a finish such as Monocouche scratch and I want low/no maintenance so it needs to be resistant to mould/algae.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance, Alistair
Wouldn’t we all Alistair, wouldn’t we all!! I’d also like a van that never breaks down or needs washing with an everlasting fuel tank. Good job for someone nevertheless, some serious taping up to do.

Wouldn’t we all Alistair, wouldn’t we all!! I’d also like a van that never breaks down or needs washing with an everlasting fuel tank. Good job for someone nevertheless, some serious taping up to do.
Do you mean that all render has a lot of upkeep, cracks, goes mouldy/algae and not waterproof? If nothing exists then I will look for the next best - not sure what you are saying.

Why oh why do builders not build with bricks!!!

For what it's worth I'd go thin coat silicone with a bucket coat!

Don't rate mono personally

Do you mean that all render has a lot of upkeep, cracks, goes mouldy/algae and not waterproof? If nothing exists then I will look for the next best - not sure what you are saying.
Nothing lasts forever is what i’m getting at. You buy a car it needs maintaining, you have a kitchen fit it gets old, we live in a 4 seasonal country. There’s ways and means of looking after it, look after it it will last you a lifetime. Don’t and it won’t.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
Besides all the ins and out what a lovely job for someone there , what ever you finally decide to use mate it would be great to do that house it will look great