What is going on with multi finish!?

Members online

Okay I want to actually know what the hell is going on with multi finish it is definitely not the same. It's behaving like my trowel hasn't worn in yet, tears slightly on final trowels?? Feels stodgy, gluey, seems gritty and coarser than normal.
My question is most of my work is overskim can I just fu*k multi off for good and use board finish instead never had trouble with board finish but have only used on board???
Are you sure it not carlite bonding your using?

You at the wind up.
I've been doing this for 38 years now and have only used gray finish a handful of times, it just wasn't common here in Essex. Had gray Bonding several times, but never Hardwall. Didn't use Carlite Finish very often as almost all our work was S&C F&S, Carlite Finish was only for going over Browning.
I can fully understand why Froggy never used them.

Grey finish was mostly in the North . well back in the early 90s it was. Never seen it in the midlands but used loads of Grey bonding over the years . When i started in 86 the Gypsum Board adhesive was always grey in color .

I've been doing this for 38 years now and have only used gray finish a handful of times, it just wasn't common here in Essex. Had gray Bonding several times, but never Hardwall. Didn't use Carlite Finish very often as almost all our work was S&C F&S, Carlite Finish was only for going over Browning.
Well, every day's a school day. All the plaster up here was grey and I started in 1983.

No , serious , have seen it on others walls but never had it , finish has always been pink
@essexandy has set me straight on grey/pink plaster. Multi was the 1990's according to this.

I've never seen a handboard either
@essexandy has set me straight on grey/pink plaster. Multi was the 1990's according to this.
my dad was on a site when BG rocked up to introduce MF , it was supposed to have a matchbox finish , no chucking water on and polishing

Theres a estate in next village and it's all grey finish. Never used any but reskimmed a few. All seems to pull gear in faster then pink or might just be in my head

Many year ago when working with my old man we did a big extension through a builder.
Now we always worked opposites and went right through the job using the scim supplied. In typical builder fashion there was nowhere near enough plaster to finish the job and when more turned up it was grey. So almost every room and set of angles were pink with grey opposites. The client walked in and liked it so much that he chose it as his colour scheme. I shite you not.

I've never seen a handboard either

my dad was on a site when BG rocked up to introduce MF , it was supposed to have a matchbox finish , no chucking water on and polishing
Multi finish was a one coat plaster put on 3mm trowel back to 2mm.

We always used board finish on boards and multi for everything else once carlite had gone, but if it was a biggish ceiling used multi as it set slower in them days.

Texture of a matchbox?
Sorry forgot that post , that's what he said , grip for paint , emphasis on not watering and polishing , lol , he always had a wet bucket tho , looking back it was mainly s/c and was probably pushed with suction issues , harder times for him in those days , plasterer's have a higher standard of living now so feel a bit guilty for moaning at him for it and skimming dry PVA