Unifinish

Members online

I get you , I wouldn’t worry about the others for ones tbh , proper got me stumped yours have , no lie on a lot of jobs I’ve tried to make it fall off , tested it on bricks,tile,chip paper , easifill, glass, steal , dry bone plaster with rapid 45 minutes set everything I could possibly think to get it to drop the only one that ever dropped was a loose paint that I knew would come off , it was still stuck to the paint and I knew it would come off , that’s why I’m stumped with yours , even hstokes that they said was on to thick , well it can be , any skim can even though in real life we bosh it on thicker and get away with it ,

I’ll get hammered now but f**k it , really hope it’s just those 2 mate
Done the same with gear,done it on jobs that would not be occupied for months, repeat returns to do bits ,other rooms etc,,,on surfaces not spec,,,still on ,,bang it not hollow or blown,no cracks,,, I have more confidence in it than PVA.
Until mine drops I will use it and if it does I will tell forum. Some guys don't like certain trowels,spats,plastic ,speed skims were do you stop .see the guys that don't like uni then I respect your opinion.but respect the guys who do get on with it at the same time.is this not what this forum was made for advice and opinions.

Done the same with gear,done it on jobs that would not be occupied for months, repeat returns to do bits ,other rooms etc,,,on surfaces not spec,,,still on ,,bang it not hollow or blown,no cracks,,, I have more confidence in it than PVA.
Until mine drops I will use it and if it does I will tell forum. Some guys don't like certain trowels,spats,plastic ,speed skims were do you stop .see the guys that don't like uni then I respect your opinion.but respect the guys who do get on with it at the same time.is this not what this forum was made for advice and opinions.
I used up 6 bags of uni today on board work ,it's lovely gear to use, I was waiting on a painting job to test it but I've been on new work for weeks now

I like vincey myself we speak on phone every now and then he even got me work in London he gets some stick but hands down he is a top bloke good spread and will always ask a question if he ain’t sure,plus I find him a good laugh
I like @Vincey he does get some stick on here. Not met him yet tho. To be fair those I have met in person on here have been great people and a good laugh

Pmsl, the company men now out in force telling us how good it is lol.

Gents it’s sh it, if you but it and it fails you are on your own. Be warned

I used up 6 bags of uni today on board work ,it's lovely gear to use, I was waiting on a painting job to test it but I've been on new work for weeks now

That’s why I liked it. Even down to the quality of the bags( yes I’m that sad!!) uni felt weird to start with but there is like a latexy feel to it.
Covered better. Good friend of mine who decorates over most of my work noticed the difference. He preferred uni.
That’s why I was basecoat multi over new work then topping with uni.

I dont like its finish.
Oh really??
I use a plastic last trowel & I liked its finish.
I was confident with it until these 2 jobs.
So like a few of you I would have been & have been singing its praises.
Now I’m the Dodgy plasterer!!!;)

Sound, about a bag and a half? Good going timewise. Hopefully you are charging good money, as going back through the years whenever something comes out to help our trade (mixing drill , collated screwgun, ...) it makes rates come down.
Tbh mate if the unifinish is on thick enough to cover all the s**t up and give a good base I’ll lay in with board finish now too

Oh really??
I use a plastic last trowel & I liked its finish.
I was confident with it until these 2 jobs.
So like a few of you I would have been & have been singing its praises.
Now I’m the Dodgy plasterer!!!;)
No i use it regular,,only for basecoat.never said u are dodgy.

Only 2 disagrees and your off I think I’ve had about 50 gps about 1000 and flynny about a million but most of flynny have come from vincey :sisi:

Both jobs had horse hair & lime under painted surface, maybe that?!!
Just frustrated me that BG came out on 1st job then not interested in 2nd job because if said I was gonna stop using uni until I knew what the results of tests they are supposed to have run!!
Maybe ,

Was there a bathroom above it or any pipe work I first thought could there of been water leak above that had dried out but cause you s**t , it’s my last guess tbh

BG had offered to pay for 1st job as a good will gesture. But not 2nd I didn’t take them up on their kind offer because it was a good will gesture. I also feel that after posting on here I may of upset them. That’s why they responded so quickly with email.

BG had offered to pay for 1st job as a good will gesture. But not 2nd I didn’t take them up on their kind offer because it was a good will gesture. I also feel that after posting on here I may of upset them. That’s why they responded so quickly with email.
Don't take it at heart, most would just put it right themselves like you did to keep their reputation (y)

That’s why I liked it. Even down to the quality of the bags( yes I’m that sad!!) uni felt weird to start with but there is like a latexy feel to it.
Covered better. Good friend of mine who decorates over most of my work noticed the difference. He preferred uni.
That’s why I was basecoat multi over new work then topping with uni.
That’s the polymers I think my painter mate said the same , his actual words were it’s better to paint ,
Another fact with uni is the grain ratio is slightly different, no one talks about this tbh as these threads are always side tracked, but the formula is near enough the old carlite finish which all the old guys loved, that’s why I buy it , it pisses over multi but each to there own

You should of taken them up on their offer ,it was a fair offer I think ,

That’s the polymers I think my painter mate said the same , his actual words were it’s better to paint ,
Another fact with uni is the grain ratio is slightly different, no one talks about this tbh as these threads are always side tracked, but the formula is near enough the old carlite finish which all the old guys loved, that’s why I buy it , it pisses over multi but each to there own
Damn expensive though

Beware they do look at our posts but dont reply,,sometimes they might message individual. If you think you are correct dont back down.these posts are only good for us if true.

I like Vincey. I'm getting really bored/uncomfortable reading the continuous s**t he's getting. I really couldn't care less if he should or shouldn't apologise for something really boring that happened ages ago that no one else cares about.

It's crap

That’s why I wish that BG had just brought out a new & improved multi, surely it wouldn’t have made such a fuss.
What about saying in some cases doesn’t need pva on the back of the bag?

/?
so 99 % can give a good finish with multi but you cannot ,ever thought about learning the trade rather then posting s**t ? T***s like you with a silly ego have f**k*d up this forum

That’s why I wish that BG had just brought out a new & improved multi, surely it wouldn’t have made such a fuss.
Multi is in the main ok,not as good as it used to be , more work to finish it nicely ,

Think I read somewhere they make 450,000 bags of plaster per week I'd guess a lot of that is multi so I doubt there'd ever stop selling that , uni was original designed to help do away with prep if possible and give us a choice just a shame it was priced so high by the rob dog merchants and a shame mark 1 s**t happened , plus the odd few like yours for unknown reasons, I would of took up that offer on your first job and hope they offer it you again tbh

Think I read somewhere they make 450,000 bags of plaster per week I'd guess a lot of that is multi so I doubt there'd ever stop selling that , uni was original designed to help do away with prep if possible and give us a choice just a shame it was priced so high by the rob dog merchants and a shame mark 1 s**t happened , plus the odd few like yours for unknown reasons, I would of took up that offer on your first job and hope they other it you again tbh
But and it's a big one , uni isn't the all dancing all singing product that they claim ,it to be .there must be more awareness of its limitations, i.e. Distemper,unbonded paint or weak paint ,the plasterer who steps into a painted room and believes unifinish is the answer every time is a fool , the ceiling must be free of dirt,grease ,dust ,the paint must be sound , you will retort ,yes. That's true ,it's true for all finish,I will agree and say that when you PVA ,you also educate yourself re the substrate , with unifinish going on directly there is a certain Russian roulette the problem with the trial was everyone wanted to just nod and agree , it's a great product in the ideal situation I'd use it every day at £6 a bag not at £11 At £11 I'd pick my job ,problem there is where do I find it ..