Unifinish

Members online

EC136D5E-5D78-4BE1-B250-955F245D8056.jpeg

What do you guys want me to say. I hope you don’t have it happen to you!!!
Like I said I’m no chancer been plastering 25 years so should know what I’m doing by now!
My last word on the matter. I’m now deleting myself & going back to my wife & kids
Don't do that your Keith's mate just dish some s**t back. You already have most of us think your a good egg so stick around mate sorry Mr Grohl ;)

Stick around lol, he has been a member since 2013
Loads of members on here for many years but they post f**k all. Often newbies feel intimidated by some of us "regulars" I only type or suggest what I'd do or say if I was stood face to face to that person. I'm not a fan of keyboard warriors as most of them would s**t themselves or definatley back down in a face to face argument

Mate, hang about I mean if I can take Ll the s**t I've ever taken as a. If girly spread you should be able to! Meh, f**k it, who cares? D you know, I'm short blind and a woman in a mans industry. f**k me if i bailed every time someone gave me s**t...
BristolStoolChart.png
Here is a selection of s**t for you to choose Jess.:)

What's the record for replies to a thread? If anything has been achieved front the thread it's that Unifinish is splitting opinion and highly controversial!
Danny could block the word out like when some c**t swears

Do you often need to sand your work then ?
Yeah I do on patching to blend in so can't be seen. I also sand around edges up against cove. I'm a little fussy and have a full range of dustless sanders so takes no time to sand over and with some of the lighting about these days l think a quick sand is needed after skimming over artex ect. Sometimes.. Looked at one this week that's as rough as hell. Got to rip off some wall boards and fill and sand other walls right back as the new plastering ain't good. Not my work.. Not as many good spreads about as you think I'm afraid. You know that... Some are a little rough and cuz I Dec to a sander is a must.

Yeah I do on patching to blend in so can't be seen. I also sand around edges up against cove. I'm a little fussy and have a full range of dustless sanders so takes no time to sand over and with some of the lighting about these days l think a quick sand is needed after skimming over artex ect. Sometimes.. Looked at one this week that's as rough as hell. Got to rip off some wall boards and fill and sand other walls right back as the new plastering ain't good. Not my work.. Not as many good spreads about as you think I'm afraid. You know that... Some are a little rough and cuz I Dec to a sander is a must.
Which one you got ? I seen one in Aldi last week and was thinking of getting it, it had a dust collection bag too

Which one you got ? I seen one in Aldi last week and was thinking of getting it, it had a dust collection bag too
Bought the festool ctl 26 E au.. That's the auto clean vacuum off amazon. It's £150 cheaper than a few other places. Good but I've been saving for over a years as big money. Got Worx sanders x 3. Bosch. I have a amazon giraffe sander £110 from Germany thats a little heavy but brilliant for walls where paper has been removed prior to Pva and skim. 225mm head. Also good for large sanding jobs. A good vac is a must and then it's up to you how dustless you want to get. Mirka mesh lasts for ages and I cut up to fit all my sanders.. Festool and mirka sanders have about 60 holes in plate... Get a good vac with power take off like aldi one a few weeks back £70 ish and then a cheap giraffe with mirka mesh. Start with that..

Good plasterers would be surprised how many decorators touch their work after the leave,,,and its no shame. I paint some stuff i do and as said skim up against coving thats existing,or facings,skirtings,around switches etc,,,tight margins,,,,any splashes.its all about prep before decorating.

I’ve started offering decorating services if needed not all jobs but some I’ll do whole package
A lot of people think painting plaster is easy,,,is it **** its a minefield,,,especially over old property re skims.beware vincey ,,picking good paint for plaster is half the battle. Then you need to know what your doing when getting paid for it.
Good luck with that.

crown cover matt obliterating emulsion, and macphersons eclipse are both the b*ll***s for going over new plaster even when not fully dried out, really fantastic coverage

I hate painting.... although at the moment I am repainting a few rooms and quite enjoying being overly ocd with it all :D NOt sure if I am enjoying it because it is winding jane up or because I am enjoying it.