Unifinish

Members online

Not useless ,it's brilliant in certain areas ,but I don't think it's a product for new guys ,if you have an artex ceiling with paint that's sound and clean ,then it's ideal ,bang it on ,even mix bonding in with it for a bit of depth ,you can second it with board or multi , I'm confused re jigsaw saying multi first then uni ,that's the opposite way ,
Ps you can lightly dampen matt walls with H20
I've been over a lot of artex ceilings with mixed results with it. What I found was it didn't take up evenly so you would have wet bits then bits that were solid and troweling it was a nightmare. In my experience it wasn't nice to use over artex and I'd much rather just roll pva then skim with the cheaper stuff then at least I know where I stand. And this nonsense of three coating if it pulls in too fast is just that, nonsense. Why would you rather lay in a ceiling again with expensive gear rather than roll cheap pva on it. It just doesn't make any sense.

I've been over a lot of artex ceilings with mixed results with it. What I found was it didn't take up evenly so you would have wet bits then bits that were solid and troweling it was a nightmare. In my experience it wasn't nice to use over artex and I'd much rather just roll pva then skim with the cheaper stuff then at least I know where I stand. And this nonsense of three coating if it pulls in too fast is just that, nonsense. Why would you rather lay in a ceiling again with expensive gear rather than roll cheap pva on it. It just doesn't make any sense.
Three coating is nonsense of course , i Havent used it a lot to be fair , where I did use it ,I liked it , like yourself ,I trust what I know ,the jury I'm afraid is still deliberating

I’m just waiting for the simple photo of an email all the other bullshit has been covered before in other threads about using the material

If there is a picture of the email fair dues if not it basically is slander
as said ,he is a good friend of mine ,i really dont know who the f**k you are tbh ,but we have been in the game for 30 years ,just thought he could get some help

as said ,he is a good friend of mine ,i really dont know who the f**k you are tbh ,but we have been in the game for 30 years ,just thought he could get some help
He is the self appointed knobhead who has basic knowledge on plastering who BG took under their wing, coz he will nod his head.

Can I chuck my 10 pence worth in; i trialled uni mark 2 and put a a wee video up on yootoobe. I did this because a : I like a freebie and b : yootoob videos are great for website rankings. That was the only time I've ever used it and I wouldn't use it again. Only because I , like many others have used and trusted Pva for many years and never had a comeback, also I've never seen it stocked down here. I've never thrown my purse in the ring on here when handbags start swinging. Always seen @keithuk as a good egg , can't imagine him saying it any other way than how it is

Can I chuck my 10 pence worth in; i trialled uni mark 2 and put a a wee video up on yootoobe. I did this because a : I like a freebie and b : yootoob videos are great for website rankings. That was the only time I've ever used it and I wouldn't use it again. Only because I , like many others have used and trusted Pva for many years and never had a comeback, also I've never seen it stocked down here. I've never thrown my purse in the ring on here when handbags start swinging. Always seen @keithuk as a good egg , can't imagine him saying it any other way than how it is
I never made it to the end of the trial , the madness is they thought I was too vocal and offensive , now that's crazy

Not you, not never no way
I was trying to emphasise that the product needed to be of use to plasterers and that a bunch od nodding dogs wasn't much use, I for two phone calls from BGs agents saying I couldn't use that phrase , if that's all they were worried about ,they were been very shortsighted ,they need people asking questions,now ,they have a product that's loved by those on the trial but others can't be convinced,

My crime was the use of the phrase "don't be a nodding dog"

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1507664203.954403.jpg

Plasterer's are vocal and rude in general. We work hard, we need to earn ,we are polite to customers obviously but suppliers can get it in the neck , pretty colours or brochures won't do it, we need it (product) to do what it says on the tin

Plasterer's are vocal and rude in general. We work hard, we need to earn ,we are polite to customers obviously but suppliers can get it in the neck , pretty colours or brochures won't do it, we need it (product) to do what it says on the tin

How very dare you, rude I am certainly not.

Overboard on artex unless you know it's been artexed direct onto plasterboard. Newish sites that all had artex as standard for example . Skimming over artex with PVA or UNI is gonna be a risk if the artex was applied over existing plaster. PVA and skim walls. Forget unifinish and like someone else said earlier force BG to invest in making board and multifinish more stable. If not there will be more switching to other others . My opinion.