Unifinish

Members online

I know Vince indirectly and as far as I can tell he's building his name and reputation through industry suppliers, the slick van, fancy website, twitter and so on. No harm in that. I'm old skool and word of mouth still carries a lot of weight. The gaffer at my merchants gave me the jewsons flyer and asked if they should stock UNI. I said I wouldn't buy it and many well known plasterers said the same. Each to there own still, but PVA on old walls gives you opportunity to inspect as you go before the mixing drill goes on. Modern house with Matt paint and I'm sure UNI would be good. But then again PVA the same surface and it will be ready to skim straight away saving you a few quid

I'm going thro a bad time but I will get thro it and emerge stronger
Cream always rises to the top pal and class it as character building and a lesson that life has thrown at ya,all the best fighting issues that you face

I know Vince indirectly and as far as I can tell he's building his name and reputation through industry suppliers, the slick van, fancy website, twitter and so on. No harm in that. I'm old skool and word of mouth still carries a lot of weight. The gaffer at my merchants gave me the jewsons flyer and asked if they should stock UNI. I said I wouldn't buy it and many well known plasterers said the same. Each to there own still, but PVA on old walls gives you opportunity to inspect as you go before the mixing drill goes on. Modern house with Matt paint and I'm sure UNI would be good. But then again PVA the same surface and it will be ready to skim straight away saving you a few quid

Uni on Matt walls is useless

I like vincey myself we speak on phone every now and then he even got me work in London he gets some stick but hands down he is a top bloke good spread and will always ask a question if he ain’t sure,plus I find him a good laugh

So can we safely say the poster is true and it happened? @Vincey
All he had to do was post the email not posting seems that he hasn’t had one , how is anybody to know what happened or if it did , as for you with all your comments just read through the dura thread and all your comments directed at me I always take with a pinch of salt they mean nothing tbh , plenty of people know what I do do to help others

Are you based in Derby?

Hi just to digress from the battle and respond to derbyskimmer on plastering over artex which seems to be a never ending request from clients, we have tried allsorts of methods and the best seems to be [for us] score over artex with Stanley knife after using all your daily energy to scrape it back,to provide a grip, pva and coat with carlite bonding with the usual good handful or two of cement, and use multi to finish, as most of the artex skimming jobs are painted and the suction is non existent it speeds it up nicely we have tried uni and have had to many different results

All he had to do was post the email not posting seems that he hasn’t had one , how is anybody to know what happened or if it did , as for you with all your comments just read through the dura thread and all your comments directed at me I always take with a pinch of salt they mean nothing tbh , plenty of people know what I do do to help others
No he didn't have to post proof he came on and asked a question, it's just that your such a c**t when it comes to uni that you feel everyone has to post up facts. Whether it's all fake or not your reactions to anyone posting regarding uni is f**k**g embarrassing for the forum. What the f**k has a dura thread got to do with this thread? I also don't know or remember that thread coz it's not important to me. All your lies and accusations directed at me when you get questioned on stuff is starting to Piss me off, there is one thing that does piss me off and that's liars. You don't do much on here to help others unless it has a video attached to it give it a rest, I've Been helping people out in plastering for a very long time on these forums and off it, ive also taken the piss and had a laugh so save the mother Theresa bit, I've done more xx like I said post up proof of my fake accounts or apologise for lying.

Hi just to digress from the battle and respond to derbyskimmer on plastering over artex which seems to be a never ending request from clients, we have tried allsorts of methods and the best seems to be [for us] score over artex with Stanley knife after using all your daily energy to scrape it back,to provide a grip, pva and coat with carlite bonding with the usual good handful or two of cement, and use multi to finish, as most of the artex skimming jobs are painted and the suction is non existent it speeds it up nicely we have tried uni and have had to many different results

where did that shite come from ??

No he didn't have to post proof he came on and asked a question, it's just that your such a c**t when it comes to uni that you feel everyone has to post up facts. Whether it's all fake or not your reactions to anyone posting regarding uni is f**k**g embarrassing for the forum. What the f**k has a dura thread got to do with this thread? I also don't know or remember that thread coz it's not important to me. All your lies and accusations directed at me when you get questioned on stuff is starting to Piss me off, there is one thing that does piss me off and that's liars. You don't do much on here to help others unless it has a video attached to it give it a rest, I've Been helping people out in plastering for a very long time on these forums and off it, ive also taken the piss and had a laugh so save the mother Theresa bit, I've done more xx like I said post up proof of my fake accounts or apologise for lying.
That’s why I said read the dura thread dicksplat I never said directly u had fake accounts I said others did on that thread and when I read it I thought the same

Nice one I only got the van because someone smashed into my old one outside my house and wrote it off , just remember it’s 30mph not 50 if you driving by
Ha! Yeah I liked the writing on the old van. If you seen in your rear view mirror it was scary! you've done a good job on your rendering a few years back. Was it sand and cement or OCR?

That’s why I said read the dura thread dicksplat I never said directly u had fake accounts I said others did on that thread and when I read it I thought the same
Stop talking like a c**t you said " flynny has been known to have fake accounts in the past to blatantly lie and hide behind but I'll leave it there" so explain yourself you prick

I have now seen the email from BG and it all checks out.... none of this situation is faked in anyway shape or form.

I have been requested not post the email up as that could get a bit sketchy with legal teams... but I can confirm it exists and all checks to be correct

I use it regular,,,,won't stop,,,,,,,but if I have a issue with bond failure I will certainly be posting it.I would hope that is the case of all users. The email is genuine then its a user issue according to BG.
The poster has asked a question and only one person directly said they had a failure,,that was down to uni applied too thick according to BG. Which I'm surprised with. By the way this applies to other finishing plaster not just uni in spec.
I would think if the material was still flawed multiple failures would be occurring.out the 2 failures reported their seems to be a consistency that bond failure happens months later,,,that is very strange.on ceilings also.

I have now seen the email from BG and it all checks out.... none of this situation is faked in anyway shape or form.

I have been requested not post the email up as that could get a bit sketchy with legal teams... but I can confirm it exists and all checks to be correct

Unfortunately no email no proof, this is all stinks of something rather unpleasant

How about bg come on and confirm it ?