Unifinish

Members online

So have you yourself used unifinish without pva?
Both jobs that I had call backs on as an experienced plasterer I didn’t Think needed pva as the substrate looked sound.
If I was uncertain of that I would have pva’d It then no need for unifinish.
I feel that if I had pva’d it then that would have been wrong to, they could then argue I shouldn’t have done that as it clearly states it doesn’t need it!!
As the unifinish didn’t react until 3 months later (even after decoration) I’m very worried as I have been through 5 pallets of that stuff!
Yes I’m embarrassed for calling on bg!!!:(

Both jobs that I had call backs on as an experienced plasterer I didn’t Think needed pva as the substrate looked sound.
I feel that if I had pva’d it then that would have been wrong to, they could then argue I shouldn’t have done that as it clearly states it doesn’t need it!!
As the unifinish didn’t react until 3 months later (even after decoration) I’m very worried as I have been through 5 pallets of that stuff!
There in lies the problem

Attachments

• 1507572854727.jpg
    1507572854727.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 180
Using unifinish with pva is not sensible ,why pay for the expensive material when you could PVa and skim with multi or board finish , BG have get out clauses so you need to read the small print which isn't on the bag , you can download it on the BG site , if you plaster over the wrong material ,it's not guaranteed , if you use the wrong material ,it's not guaranteed , you have to be aware that when we set foot on any job that's a refurb ,we won't get a service history of what's gone on the walls and ceilings,people often use the wrong paint or apply it incorrectly. People often apply undiluted paint on new plaster ,any of these can cause unifinish to fail or even pva, I once had a ceiling ( private job, ) applied pva ,the paint over the light artex looked like it would peel so I did a scrape test ,took the paint off ,underneath was lining paper ,scraped it off. Underneath that was distemper,scraped that off ,(I can hear the shouts of over board ) it took me from 8 am till 6pm to do a big ceiling, I've had ceilings start to peel when I've had the first coat on and even when on the last trowel ,I've learnt from this to be very careful , the pva test always told me what the problem could be ,the problem with unifinish is we are 'deep in the water ' before we know what's a possible problem or in your case ,months later
They are all c**ts on here Daz !lol hope you get sorted mate ,as i know your work for many years
true ,but it's better to have a typed harsh response than a fail ,that hurts the pocket and is horrible ,we all have had fails sadly

To be fair it’s mainly the northern contingent that call it a hand board but to be fair to them they have only just got electric up there :hola:

To be fair it’s mainly the northern contingent that call it a hand board but to be fair to them they have only just got electric up there :hola:
And gas too we get shitloads of it everytime you open your f**k**g mouth lol

Using unifinish with pva is not sensible ,why pay for the expensive material when you could PVa and skim with multi or board finish , BG have get out clauses so you need to read the small print which isn't on the bag , you can download it on the BG site , if you plaster over the wrong material ,it's not guaranteed , if you use the wrong material ,it's not guaranteed , you have to be aware that when we set foot on any job that's a refurb ,we won't get a service history of what's gone on the walls and ceilings,people often use the wrong paint or apply it incorrectly. People often apply undiluted paint on new plaster ,any of these can cause unifinish to fail or even pva, I once had a ceiling ( private job, ) applied pva ,the paint over the light artex looked like it would peel so I did a scrape test ,took the paint off ,underneath was lining paper ,scraped it off. Underneath that was distemper,scraped that off ,(I can hear the shouts of over board ) it took me from 8 am till 6pm to do a big ceiling, I've had ceilings start to peel when I've had the first coat on and even when on the last trowel ,I've learnt from this to be very careful , the pva test always told me what the problem could be ,the problem with unifinish is we are 'deep in the water ' before we know what's a possible problem or in your case ,months later

true ,but it's better to have a typed harsh response than a fail ,that hurts the pocket and is horrible ,we all have had fails sadly
chill John i was being funny ,i will get my coat

There isn't a lot more to say tbh, 5 pallets 2 issues and he's done the right thing making contact with them to get it resolved
I don’t want a cheap imitation Vincey I want the real deal one who can ruffle a few feathers and stir up the old hornets nest

I’ve had a reply from bg

I have now received the lab report back and confirm the following;

Vigorous testing was concluded and the lab report confirmed the product was fit for purpose and falls within the manufacturing specifications resulting in no defects. Therefore it is concluded that the issue would be with the existing sub-face either not being cleaned thoroughly or it contaminants were present.

Kindest Regards

I’ve had a reply from bg

Vigorous testing was concluded and the lab report confirmed the product was fit for purpose and falls within the manufacturing specifications resulting in no defects. Therefore it is concluded that the issue would be with the existing sub-face either not being cleaned thoroughly or it contaminants were present.

Kindest Regards
oh well !lol

I’ve had a reply from bg

Kindest Regards
F*****g brilliant :endesacuerdo:

I’ve had a reply from bg

Kindest Regards
Tell them to f**k off and demand compensation.

I’ve had a reply from bg

Kindest Regards
They have so many get out clauses ,you might as well by a tv from a gippo

I’ve had a reply from bg

Kindest Regards
Sort of see that coming

I’ve had a reply from bg

Kindest Regards
You get the reply this evening?

What would be the point in using it ? I dont see any use for myself on my work .
It's great in the right job,especially in private jobs, if the substrate is clean and sound, you can be in an out in 2 hrs all going well , but getting the right job for it is key

I knew it
Tell them to f**k off and demand compensation.
I knew that would be their reply.
Just wanted to tell them that I’ve had issues!!
BG are not interested, no way can I prove that their product is not fit for purpose, they know that!!!!!!!!

I knew it

BG are not interested, no way can I prove that their product is not fit for purpose, they know that!!!!!!!!
Out of order if you ask me!! Tell them your Dave Grohl and bet they'd change their tune then??

I knew it

We're not scientists we don't have labs , will you still use it ? Why did you buy 5 pallets ,is that 5x 56 bags ?

I’m on the road quoting atm , if he has had Bg out I’d say happy days , it all covered under guarantee and once investigatored he probably be compensated, always make me laugh when Flynny jumps on unifinish posts like a hungry baby sucking breast milk , but never see him on any other issues threads I.e the failed pva thread and the render that slumped off the wall, everyone always has a blind eye on those imo as if it’s all ok and the norm

I’ll be back around 7.30pm
I didn't jump on it I commented on it and like I said, I know what you would say and I was right you jump straight on me hahahahahah look you thick little nodding dog I've been commenting and posting on plastering forums longer than you have been plastering and in that time I've answered them questions you have brought up. A lot of other members jumped on it but I don't see you calling them out why is that? I will tell you why, it's because you want to be me :) you would love to have knowledge and a sense of humour to go with it but unfortunately BG Can't teach you that hahahahahah and like what another member said, some people won't listen to real life plastering they would rather run to the school teacher and cry coz they don't like the truth, now go away if your not prepared to back up what you say on every thread, video and poster your part of xx