unifinish

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs004e7074

hi, I have called at a job where uni finish as been used,painted solid background.large areas have now shelled off.it was done approx. 6 months ago.any one else come across problems with unifinish.cheers

Would that have been mk 1 back then or the new stuff ? Or a old bag of mk1 used ? Vince will be here soon when hes finished with mrs moyet ....

hi, I have called at a job where uni finish as been used,painted solid background.large areas have now shelled off.it was done approx. 6 months ago.any one else come across problems with unifinish.cheers
If true you should contact British Gypsum..
How do you know its unifinish?
Don't believe it myself but take it up with them and they will send someone to sample plaster for sure..never seen a shell off with mark 2.

used uni on a full house in May 2015 old terraced over varying backgrounds had no issues with it @BritishGypsum

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 397
Said before they carefully selected various plasterers from all over u.k to make sure it was truly,tried and tested over every type of surface...can't fault them for that.
Lol you mean they rang every c**t and yes they also rang me but I didn't fancy the gamble :)

Used uni today on old walls having tried it on a artex ceiling wasn't that impressed before.!wow lovely to use went great .method was tight as you can first coat left it for about 10 mins then a good second one over.i would highly recommend using the uni on old walls it's a must !

Lol you mean they rang every c**t and yes they also rang me but I didn't fancy the gamble :)
Seems you have an issue with most things that are new to the plaster world which surprises me as you like the magnetic...plasterers either want to use it or don't..out of the ones that have there is a mixed reaction of weather they will use it again or not ..for me used mark 2 from January 2014 others I don't know ..but do know that a wide selection of spreads were using it across the u.k to truly test it if you declined that opportunity that I doubt most would when offered by the biggest plaster makers in the whole of the u.k and across the world ,fine..one thing is for sure BG made sure it was right this time on adhesion which is why they probably don't comment much because why should they respond to total negative non factual backed comments by you.
If the thread post guy is for real and is not a made up member also out to slate then he should contact them I would be very surprised if they didn't check it all out.
To end my bite all the BG people I met are looking for ways and products to make plaster world better not just sitting there doing nothing to not make it any better.
Thanks Vince

Seems you have an issue with most things that are new to the plaster world which surprises me as you like the magnetic...plasterers either want to use it or don't..out of the ones that have there is a mixed reaction of weather they will use it again or not ..for me used mark 2 from January 2014 others I don't know ..but do know that a wide selection of spreads were using it across the u.k to truly test it if you declined that opportunity that I doubt most would when offered by the biggest plaster makers in the whole of the u.k and across the world ,fine..one thing is for sure BG made sure it was right this time on adhesion which is why they probably don't comment much because why should they respond to total negative non factual backed comments by you.
If the thread post guy is for real and is not a made up member also out to slate then he should contact them I would be very surprised if they didn't check it all out.
To end my bite all the BG people I met are looking for ways and products to make plaster world better not just sitting there doing nothing to not make it any better.
Thanks Vince

Vince I to get a bit confused with the negatives having used it & had no problems with it ,

Thanks Vince
Give your head a shake vince, don't come out with comments and not back them up, what new things have I been negative with? If you think the last five years has revelutionised plastering your mislead, remember I've been doing this a lot longer than five minutes and am not on the BG pay roll. If I have an opinion on a certain product or tool, that's my opinion and it's usually based on experience or opinion. If it goes against what you think or have been told to think then tough s**t. You contradict yourself in this post about BG making sure it was right this time with adhesion, they were ringing up random plasterers offering it for free, and guaranteeing to put the work right if it failed. Let's not forget this was their second attempt that we are aware of. I could not give a flying f**k if they are the biggest plastering suppliers in the world my reputation is worth more than theirs to me, that's why I decided not to take it. Believe it or not I know of a lot more plasterers who refused it and plenty off here for the same reasons, and the reason BG don't comment on here, is not because of me and my non factual negative comments it's because they have a puppet which is you to comment for them. Remember this is their second attempt, so for me to be a bit sceptical is not negative just cautious and the fact your all over their posters and videos for the products, why would I take any notice of BGs mouth piece? One guy comes on and mentions he's had problems and straight away you calling him a fraud? Give your head a shake it's quite obvious you will do anything for a freebie which Is the difference between me and you :)

Give your head a shake vince, don't come out with comments and not back them up, what new things have I been negative with? If you think the last five years has revelutionised plastering your mislead, remember I've been doing this a lot longer than five minutes and am not on the BG pay roll. If I have an opinion on a certain product or tool, that's my opinion and it's usually based on experience or opinion. If it goes against what you think or have been told to think then tough s**t. You contradict yourself in this post about BG making sure it was right this time with adhesion, they were ringing up random plasterers offering it for free, and guaranteeing to put the work right if it failed. Let's not forget this was their second attempt that we are aware of. I could not give a flying f**k if they are the biggest plastering suppliers in the world my reputation is worth more than theirs to me, that's why I decided not to take it. Believe it or not I know of a lot more plasterers who refused it and plenty off here for the same reasons, and the reason BG don't comment on here, is not because of me and my non factual negative comments it's because they have a puppet which is you to comment for them. Remember this is their second attempt, so for me to be a bit sceptical is not negative just cautious and the fact your all over their posters and videos for the products, why would I take any notice of BGs mouth piece? One guy comes on and mentions he's had problems and straight away you calling him a fraud? Give your head a shake it's quite obvious you will do anything for a freebie which Is the difference between me and you :)
Totally false though Flynnyman I am not on the pay role or a puppet
1.i speak as I do cuz I am my own boss and am free to say what I like if I was in a contract I would not be able to give my own opinion.Many plasterers have done jobs for them like any company that asked for work to be done.
2.your experienced I agree but you have not even used mark 2 so you are not experienced with that.
3.What better way to put the gear to the test than ask as many plasterers as possible to test it in real life work.
4.Do not get anything free from them.Fact.
I comment on the unifinish only to try and help from experience with it which probably more than most at bg.
Terms of poster and video I would of been mad to not say yes to that opportunity which is all it was.

Your not getting it they are putting it to the test by using plasterers such as your self, which is what I am not prepared to do, not because I am negative about a product. You do get work of them so that was me saying your on the payroll, not meaning your cards in but I'm sure to get what I'm saying? I'm not being funny but I doubt I would need any more experience with uni than I already have, so don't need the experience, like I've said in the past unless they get rid of multie because it's not needed anymore, I won't be using it any time soon. To say I'm negative about all new products is in my opinion wrong, I've seen plenty of new products and tools come onto the market through being part of the forum and most of them were embarrassing. The only new product I've seen is the magnetic and that is new, not a new improved version of something or a different take on something, it is new. I've seen some stupid tools that I wouldn't even waste my time using and also some stupid products I wouldn't use, and said nothing, but if it's being debated strongly and I have a side to the discussion that hasn't been touched on, I will say. If you don't like a discussion on stuff or don't want to hear a negative comment on a product or tool you love? your in the wrong place. If I talk on something on this forum I don't throw my dummy out of the pram I will discuss it usually till I have drained them down hahahahaha but always in a sensible and constructive way xx

p.s I'm sure it's third time out ? but my memory's getting hazy :) 1st time was some time ago - then out again - small time lapse & out again ?

As I say my memory gets hazy - it's some years ago I'm talking so could be wrong wouldn't be without a few bags of it now

I have used quite a lot now and not had any issues, going back to the job I did the other day to see what it looks like in a few days :D

I have used quite a lot now and not had any issues, going back to the job I did the other day to see what it looks like in a few days :D
really unclear on the neg feedback on it - cost ?
A average room I get on doms is 6/7 bags extra £25 using uni (saves £10 on pva) so it's £15 more
(I can add that to the cost of the job & not lose the job as I'm going expensive ) no gluing - no waiting - no areas taking up & others not - I get the room done quicker , as I can mix & apply straight away
-it shells ?
I've used it on full houses & a lot of other jobs over various backgrounds it's had no call backs

really unclear on the neg feedback on it - cost ?
A average room I get on doms is 6/7 bags extra £25 using uni (saves £10 on pva) so it's £15 more
(I can add that to the cost of the job & not lose the job as I'm going expensive ) no gluing - no waiting - no areas taking up & others not - I get the room done quicker , as I can mix & apply straight away
-it shells ?
I've used it on full houses & a lot of other jobs over various backgrounds it's had no call backs
It can be unpredictable though

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've not had any issues with it & use a lot of it - so far [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The person who started the thread has not said anything since first post! Mmmmm
I noticed someone mentioned they layed on a tight first coat when the wall had a bit of suction then left it for a bit as apposed to hitting it with more gear straight away and it layed on the second coat nice and finished nice also. @theplasterman can you remember who that was and have you tried this method as it makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.