Unifinish questions

Members online

No I second coatedw ith fresh mix. But it was greasy as f**k but did think about it being out of date but only a week. it was crap if Im honest and like someone said it hasn't sold for a reason either its to expensive or there no need for it. It was like Id added tartar to mp finish.Back to board for me PVA or grit and I can go over aything with board. IAgree multi is s**t as well used some last week and its grainy as f**k and is gone as soon as you look at it.

No I second coatedw ith fresh mix. But it was greasy as f**k but did think about it being out of date but only a week. it was crap if Im honest and like someone said it hasn't sold for a reason either its to expensive or there no need for it. It was like Id added tartar to mp finish.Back to board for me PVA or grit and I can go over aything with board. IAgree multi is s**t as well used some last week and its grainy as f**k and is gone as soon as you look at it.
I find with multi that when you are on site in a room with no ventilation and they won't let you open the windows it goes all spongey

when people say its s**t,crap and shite do they mean really good, like when my nephew says sick? Nephew said sick means wicked,good that its great.

to conclude then, in the whole of the u.k at minute unifinish is crap and multi just as bad and board finish as well ?
interesting

I can't see it lasting if everyone is giving it away as they can't sell it they just won't order anymore, it's supply and demand and there doesnt seem to be the demand?If there was an olympics for plasters this would be in the C6 class or whatever

when people say its s**t,crap and shite do they mean really good, like when my nephew says sick? Nephew said sick means wicked,good that its great.

to conclude then, in the whole of the u.k at minute unifinish is crap and multi just as bad and board finish as well ?
interesting
Board finish is great but they won't supply it on site

interesting
Does ur nephew say that s**t is doop aswell Vince?

Multi, uni, board, f**k me I go to the providers and get bags of skim coat. I'm in Ireland so that's all I have come across, maybe @theclemo can inform me if these different types of plaster are available on these lands. I would love to give them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multi, uni, board, f**k me I go to the providers and get bags of skim coat. I'm in Ireland so that's all I have come across, maybe @theclemo can inform me if these different types of plaster are available on these lands. I would love to give them a go.

U can get kanuf mp finish skim. Gyproc Ireland do plenty of different plasters u have to ask for them though.

Gyproc Carlite Ultra is good for small sets u can get 4 or 5 sets on a day. Gyproc Carlite is good on sand and cement. Hardcoat is good undercoat you can skim it the same day.

http://www.gyproc.ie/products/plasters

What part of Ireland u in

U can get kanuf mp finish skim. Gyproc Ireland do plenty of different plasters u have to ask for them though.

Gyproc Carlite Ultra is good for small sets u can get 4 or 5 sets on a day. Gyproc Carlite is good on sand and cement. Hardcoat is good undercoat you can skim it the same day.

http://www.gyproc.ie/products/plasters

What part of Ireland u in
I'm in South Dublin pal. Cheers for the info.

Used uni today, got there 8.30 sheeted up, had mix on at 9.05, only first coat uni then multi second coat, once id put second coat on the two ceilings I was doing pva'd the 3rd one, pva took about 1.15 to be ready so would have spent that time hanging around waiting in the morning, 3rd ceiling done as normal...saved 1 hour 15 mins at a cost of £4.62...happy with that. Gear seemed fine, a few of those little white bits but nothing else

Used uni today, got there 8.30 sheeted up, had mix on at 9.05, only first coat uni then multi second coat, once id put second coat on the two ceilings I was doing pva'd the 3rd one, pva took about 1.15 to be ready so would have spent that time hanging around waiting in the morning, 3rd ceiling done as normal...saved 1 hour 15 mins at a cost of £4.62...happy with that. Gear seemed fine, a few of those little white bits but nothing else
Got a big silk lounge ceiling Monday. Just the one and wife asked if I can pick daughter up at 3 from school. Normally with sheeting up, pva and multi no chance. Straight on with uni, no problem. Just can't see why that isn't desirable.

Got a big silk lounge ceiling Monday. Just the one and wife asked if I can pick daughter up at 3 from school. Normally with sheeting up, pva and multi no chance. Straight on with uni, no problem. Just can't see why that isn't desirable.
Yeah was out the door at 2.45

I think I'm going to try it out, I've got the ideal job to trial it on, a couple of ceilings in a utility, one artex and one silk paint with a plasterboard patch. I'm struggling to get my head round the idea of not pva it, so providing the surfaces are sound there is no chance of it shelling off?