Unifinish questions

ive got four bags of uni I'm gonna use tomorrow they are in date, I'm gonna use them on board. I've heard it hangs around if there is no suction so rather than put the one ceiling on I'm gonna put the two on. Im not prepared to take the gamble without prep so gonna see what the gear is like on this so we will see, if it fucks up be prepared and a certain member can f**k off it he thinks it's down to skill. I usually won't take the gamble but I keep getting called on the fact I've not used it so I'm gonna tomorrow. If it goes pear shaped I will kick myself but I will also kick BG to death and its main voice xx
What can go wrong on board though?
Seems pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got four bags of uni I'm gonna use tomorrow they are in date, I'm gonna use them on board. I've heard it hangs around if there is no suction so rather than put the one ceiling on I'm gonna put the two on. Im not prepared to take the gamble without prep so gonna see what the gear is like on this so we will see, if it fucks up be prepared and a certain member can f**k off it he thinks it's down to skill. I usually won't take the gamble but I keep getting called on the fact I've not used it so I'm gonna tomorrow. If it goes pear shaped I will kick myself but I will also kick BG to death and its main voice xx
What can go wrong on board though?
Seems pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He falls in love with it, falls in love with Vince and they both live together happy ever after
Unifinish questions

I used the unifinisg again today and it was great. I had some really deep artex to cover that I had gritted yesterday and I thought why not as I still had six bags? Made a rounder mix than last time and through in a few hands of bonding, it didn't like the bonding it didn't mix in to well you could see the larger grains in it but I laid on thick to get over the artex and it was brilliant like using a one coat which is what I'd been trying to get earlieer in the week for this job. Really impressed and I had loads of time. I secong coated witjh the unifinish and it went in lovely, then later on the second hit I tried second coating with board and it was really nice, went in so good. Normally I would have gone over this artex with bonding then board but this worked so much better you lay on really thick and there was no sagging. I am going to go back to see if the other bags are still there as I will use it on some ceilings next week, but the problem still remains of the price. I will use it again and will pass the price onto the customer but will it still be in B and Q in a month or two? Because my local merchants don't stock it. Andy at TP just laughed when asked if he stocked it and said they couldn't shift it.

I used the unifinisg again today and it was great. I had some really deep artex to cover that I had gritted yesterday and I thought why not as I still had six bags? Made a rounder mix than last time and through in a few hands of bonding, it didn't like the bonding it didn't mix in to well you could see the larger grains in it but I laid on thick to get over the artex and it was brilliant like using a one coat which is what I'd been trying to get earlieer in the week for this job. Really impressed and I had loads of time. I secong coated witjh the unifinish and it went in lovely, then later on the second hit I tried second coating with board and it was really nice, went in so good. Normally I would have gone over this artex with bonding then board but this worked so much better you lay on really thick and there was no sagging. I am going to go back to see if the other bags are still there as I will use it on some ceilings next week, but the problem still remains of the price. I will use it again and will pass the price onto the customer but will it still be in B and Q in a month or two? Because my local merchants don't stock it. Andy at TP just laughed when asked if he stocked it and said they couldn't shift it.
It was gritted though so would multi not just have worked the same?

Same at wickes. I persuaded the guy that orders it to get a pallet. He did and it was only me buying it. Bought the last 10 bags for a quid each. He gives me a look every time I go in there. Hopefully bq will carry on with it.

What difference was it to using multi and bonding then the tight coat of multi to finish compared to uni?
I would rather a faster setting finish(ultra finish) than this if I had the choice.

Same at wickes. I persuaded the guy that orders it to get a pallet. He did and it was only me buying it. Bought the last 10 bags for a quid each. He gives me a look every time I go in there. Hopefully bq will carry on with it.

What price were they putting on it in the first place?

Do yous more or less all use thistle multi etc? Have used multi a Few times, though last time I used it, seemed to have lost quality and sats a lot longer than when I had used it several years before. I prefer the gypsum Ireland carlite finish or ultra finish. Haven't seen skimcoat in a few years now, mustnt be big demand for it up this end.
How long is it taking u to do a set with the ultra

Usually 2-2.5 hours from when you finish coating mate. The red carlite finish has nearly been setting quicker this last few jobs we Have been on I think, it's surprised me. The ultra isn't as quick as when it first came out. Mind first morning using it, come ten o clock it was black and finished! It sits long enough for you to get decent setting on now. It's quality has Improved too its toss of a coin between the two which is better where as the ultra was pure shite to trowel. It finishes well now. You use it much?

Well used the gear today :) mixed the gear up and I must say it's very creamy almost reminded me of carlite finish and seems to go further. I had two ceilings only 12m each but high up. I mixed up two and half bags roughed the first one on and really hung so threw the other on and it was still hanging :) layed down with the same gear near enough one coating the second and I must say it trowels up lovely :) fair enough it was on board. Had little white bits here and there but I was aware of them so didn't bother me. Put it on at eleven and final trowel at two so three hours I would say it would of been longer if I had mixed up another to lay down. Got a bit over I'm gonna use tomorrow over pre grit so will see what that's like, I have also got to admit I've just been to B&Q to grab them out of date bags but some c**t bought them :( they did have a fresh pallet but I will be honest I'm not paying £10 for the stuff :) if they got rid of multie I would prefer that over the multie but I always prefered carlite. Also when it was drying you could see a lot of dots which must be them white bits.

Well used the gear today :) mixed the gear up and I must say it's very creamy almost reminded me of carlite finish and seems to go further. I had two ceilings only 12m each but high up. I mixed up two and half bags roughed the first one on and really hung so threw the other on and it was still hanging :) layed down with the same gear near enough one coating the second and I must say it trowels up lovely :) fair enough it was on board. Had little white bits here and there but I was aware of them so didn't bother me. Put it on at eleven and final trowel at two so three hours I would say it would of been longer if I had mixed up another to lay down. Got a bit over I'm gonna use tomorrow over pre grit so will see what that's like, I have also got to admit I've just been to B&Q to grab them out of date bags but some c**t bought them :( they did have a fresh pallet but I will be honest I'm not paying £10 for the stuff :) if they got rid of multie I would prefer that over the multie but I always prefered carlite. Also when it was drying you could see a lot of dots which must be them white bits.

Fair play for being honest john. Its just as nice to trowel up on painted walls mate.

Welcome to the club, you'll be back on it again soon enough

Good fair review mate, used it again today for my first of two artex ceilings, just meant I could get straight on while giving the pva on the csecond ceiling time to dry without me waiting around for the first....not something ide use all the time cos of price but think it does have a place if time saving is important

Been waiting all day for this , well i be honest waiting nearly 2 years one thing we can all agree is flynny always says it as it is.

There's another added to the payroll lol

he used it in board so I'll take it with a pinch of salt, it's each to there own though, yes it may save time over pva but you lose that time at the end with it hanging around unless on a Matt painted wall then you put on less fighting to keep it decent

Seems a fair review @flynnyman,
Looks like it has its place, but a bit expensive. To be fair, anything that spares splashing Pva about (especially in a domestic), has got to be worth it. As it seems r******d, then surely it makes each hit more easily managed?..
I think it's worth a try.