trowelling up process

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

He makes me laugh tbf..this place wud be a dull place without him and his selfie stick
He's a good egg is our vince, I do enjoy his ranting phone calls I get when he's got a dodgy customer....brightens my day up.....he's sunning it up in cyprus at the moment though while all us knobs are working hard

Said it before on here and got ripped. But after its been laid in with 2nd coat it gets 2 trowels. As simple as that. I think the reason might be I trowel up abit later than most. So when you guys are giving it 5th polish I'm giving it 2nd trowel and it looks same as the skim is at same setting stage. No water on either trowel. All done very neat.
I've seen your work meself mate + its spot on, didnt realise you only trowel it twice though. To be fair i give it 3 but the 3rd ones just a shine for the customer cos they associate shiny with good work, each to their own though as long as it looks well when its painted, seen some giving it 5-6 trowels + its just pointless!!! Hows your back these days mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want see some special trowelling up watch that rwf guy doing a garage ceiling, got it on, spat it, lay in with plazzi, spat it twice, sponge float it then couple more spats, painful to watch. [emoji85]

I've seen your work meself mate + its spot on, didnt realise you only trowel it twice though. To be fair i give it 3 but the 3rd ones just a shine for the customer cos they associate shiny with good work, each to their own though as long as it looks well when its painted, seen some giving it 5-6 trowels + its just pointless!!! Hows your back these days mate?

These guys can't grasp that I know what I'm doing mate, they think I'm a rough arse lol .... to be fair that job did have a 3rd going over as she was a pain in the arse. Backs been fine, just got a serious case of tennis elbow, couldn't lift a cup of tea without spilling it the other week. How's things man?

He makes me laugh tbf..this place wud be a dull place without him and his selfie stick
He's a good egg is our vince, I do enjoy his ranting phone calls I get when he's got a dodgy customer....brightens my day up.....he's sunning it up in cyprus at the moment though while all us knobs are working hard
Proper hot here and posh check the cakes out !!

WP_20160709_20_08_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20160709_20_15_39_Pro.jpg

I been checking out the rendering work and plastering and found some of that venetian stuff I think
WP_20160709_06_20_07_Pro.jpg
WP_20160708_19_43_11_Pro.jpg

Wat u mean get 1 coat on then trowel it 3 times? Lol..
he would put the first layer of skim on then go over it 3 times with two different trowels then a laying in coat then repeat the process again then a final cross trowel so all in he went across the wall 9 times

he would put the first layer of skim on then go over it 3 times with two different trowels then a laying in coat then repeat the process again then a final cross trowel so all in he went across the wall 9 times

The general public would think were fuucking mad on talking about walls haha
My good god we all love walls is this normal ??

Not a bad idea, domestic is bit more slow paced if you can get the coin in.

Why would anyone want site work over domestic is beyond me.

Dick head site agents to worry about checking times waiting for wages being f**k*d around.

Domestic you answer to customer odd one is a dick but your only there short time.
Cash on completion.

Can leave when like.
And make a s**t load more for same mix.
If you have enough contacts domestic is the way forward In my opinion.

U got yer trowels with yer n have u pushed unifinish on the locals yet
Just met this plasterer dude here from wales had a chat about the good stuff and he started telling me he only ever will use board finish and mt !!
I said look pal just because you got to semi finals at euros don't mean you know better than me..pushed him in the pool in the end and did a pool bomb all over his mrs
:musculoso: