trowelling up process

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
Darnt mention 1 coat, already get ripped for 2 trowels. Imagine if it was 1 coat and 2 trowels.

Fourm meltdown ... haha

Well...I'm not ashamed to say on any decent boardwork I would just bed down the joinrts and beads first and then just knock the gear up thick and just sling it on!

1 trowel
1 trowel after tickling edges
1 wet

Later in the day maybe or maybe not give a trowel when its turned if its for someone that dilluded that wall needs to feel smooth!

Well...I'm not ashamed to say on any decent boardwork I would just bed down the joinrts and beads first and then just knock the gear up thick and just sling it on!

1 trowel
1 wet

Later in the day maybe or maybe not give a trowel when its turned if its for someone that dilluded that wall needs to feel smooth!

Agreed. 2 trowels is plenty enough for flat and matt. More trowels just make it smoother each time. Which I agree just have to when your working for some tools.

Darnt mention 1 coat, already get ripped for 2 trowels. Imagine if it was 1 coat and 2 trowels.

Fourm meltdown ... haha

Whats your process for 1 coating mate......mines is to usually drift off into another world because plastering is getting so fuucking boring......i need a holiday i think !!

Attachments

• 20160629_122749.jpg
    20160629_122749.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 436
  • 20160629_122752.jpg
    20160629_122752.jpg
    903.6 KB · Views: 412
Whats your process for 1 coating mate......mines is to usually drift off into another world because plastering is getting so fuucking boring......i need a holiday i think !!

Lol think we all need a holiday...

Knock half up fill beads n scrims. Knock couple of bags up get it on. Flatten sponge flatten flatten.

Am back on 2 coat as I seem to be finished gauge quicker.

What's your process?

1 trowel
1 wet

:eek:

That's the sad part of skimming 99% of people think a walls only gud if its shiny even tho wen painters put matt on you wudnt know any difference..biggest thing in skimming on leaving a nice job is the little things I.e angles sharp,under window sills cut back and brushed in skirting line flat and not look like bob Marley's lips..walls look after themselves there's nowt easier than skimming a wall any nugget can do it after a few months its the intricate stuff that seperate a gud spread and a ok spread

Lol think we all need a holiday...

Knock half up fill beads n scrims. Knock couple of bags up get it on. Flatten sponge flatten flatten.

What's your process?
Sponge!! You been raiding window cleaners tool bag or sumat :)

Reactions: s61
Lol think we all need at holiday...

What's your process?

In all honesty i get shiitfaced the night before.
If im not working the next day i wont drink at all.
Il switch off phone and spoil the kids.
As you can probably tell .....im working tomorrow xx

Mix 3 bags (approx 40/45m) 3 times a day.
And drift off into another planet.

That's the sad part of skimming 99% of people think a walls only gud if its shiny even tho wen painters put matt on you wudnt know any difference..biggest thing in skimming on leaving a nice job is the little things I.e angles sharp,under window sills cut back and brushed in skirting line flat and not look like bob Marley's lips..walls look after themselves there's nowt easier than skimming a wall any nugget can do it after a few months its the intricate stuff that seperate a gud spread and a ok spread

Your right Kitchy ; -)

Why would I be chasing mate? I've got more on because I wasn't fannying about flattening piss wet skim. I 1st Trowel as soon as I've washed out as it's ready because I put it on tight as fcuk. Then I 2nd trowel it probs at the stage where you guys are on 3 or 4 trowel. It looks bob on. Then get next gague on.
I had a guy work with me for a couple of days, work was good but had to tell him to stop going over it , he would get one coat on then trowel it 3 times then second coat and trowel it another 3 times before a final trowel
Couldn't fault his work but I covered 3 times more area and to the same standard

I had a guy work with me for a couple of days, work was good but had to tell him to stop going over it , he would get one coat on then trowel it 3 times then second coat and trowel it another 3 times before a final trowel
Couldn't fault his work but I covered 3 times more area and to the same standard

Id like to trowel it once

Exactly my point! Sharp angles flat and matt. When painters been at it with roller or even worse the customer then them shines walls were a waste of effort.

Wat u mean get 1 coat on then trowel it 3 times? Lol..

Lets all be honest skimming is shite
I F*****g love skimming:). But I like boarding more, overboarding is a dream come true...especially with the lifter....im so lazy was using the lifter with 6x3's the other day

Only polish a wall if the painters a dick head then I make it like glass and watch his roller slide

Come bk in 17years then tell me u love skimming :)
Ill be retired in 17 years coining it off of all my rentals:) but get what you mean....i got a job coming up, overboard and skim 7 ceilings still feels like a dream come true for me​

Well according to a lot of place side worked everyone is a plasterer or knows a plasterer or has done a bit of plastering or can do everything but plastering so we all need a niche don't we be it one trowel or two or super shiny either which way I ain't gonna be a meter eater

What the f**k is going on here !!?? Its called "The Plasterers Forum" not to be confused with some chancers free for all :rayos:

What are these chancers doing to our trade man. Bloody one and sponge and this and that etc ..... lol

I think pete is the only plasterer ive spoken to who after 20 years still loves the job