told never use a corner trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.
i admit i do slag stupid ideas off like speedskims and plastic trowels and spats for finish but only cause i have tried them and they dont add anything but extra work same goes for sponge floats

LOL, but all of those tools have their uses. You just havn't found them yet.

That said, you're still an angry mofo. :RpS_biggrin:

LOL, but all of those tools have their uses. You just havn't found them yet.

That said, you're still an angry mofo. :RpS_biggrin:
im not one bit angry danny just got a warped sense of humour and none of them tools have a use in skimming ie speedskim just put it on flatter spat whats wrong with a trowel spongefloat dont put on more than you can handle

av seen people try to do there wet angles with just a trowel trying to be smart and it nearly always fucks up mind it is possible but a lot harder that doing it the easy way which is why theses tools are invented are job is hard enough without making it any harder on ourselves angle trowel all the way

true jtn i was taught without one but when i got into house bashing putting whole rooms on in one i found it the best and quickest way wouldnt be without one

Alright fellas i will make a video when i get time all i wanted was some views on c trowels one day we might cross paths and have to work with one another then i can show this technique in the flesh.

Even when bashing a room out in one cut out like this always each to his own and its not being a smart ase of fancy fxxker its the way ive been taught.

Just because a tool is made for a job that does not make it the best for it

I do wet angles without a twitcher aswell. I've got one of the small blue handled ones from refina but barely use it, just use my trowel. Never had any issues doing them like that and never had any complaints either. At the end of the day it's what ever works for you.

the only time that i have done wet angles with a trowel and a brush down the internal is when i have been working on the continent using sigma self finishing plaster.
the british system i like to twitch the internals and ceiling lines as i think this looks a lot smarter.

Yeah i must be a muppet to bother replying to T***s like you.
I have my business link at the bottom of my replies, why not do the same and let your potential customers know you don't use an internal trowel?

Haha to be fair this dudes work looks **** hot, I'm inclined to listen to him.

Lost my twitcher and had to do angles without it the other day and it was a nightmare.

I'm on a course with good time served plasterers, and I have myself and seen others cut into the ceiling line, but for the wall corners I have not done, and have not seen any one else do it, but i reckon if you can do it with out the corner trail, its a plus if you lose it.

Elplumbing Dannymac you horrible dog egg!

That's one of the least offensive things I've ever been called. :RpS_confused::RpS_biggrin:

lafave1.jpg

I'm on a course with good time served plasterers, and I have myself and seen others cut into the ceiling line, but for the wall corners I have not done, and have not seen any one else do it, but i reckon if you can do it with out the corner trail, its a plus if you lose it.
That's cleaning the ceiling line mate

Well to start with I can't forget my corner trowel because it's in the tool box but if I did I'd just do opposite walls as I always have preferred to over the years.

Yep same here,or when pushed for time run the angle trowel down then when troweling off run a clean half inch brush down the fooker...

If you think that running a brush or your little finger down an internal will give as good and as tight a finish as an angle trowel you are deluding yourself.

Totaly agree Andy.A man with 40 years in this game should know better than to come out with rubbish like that....

Never use a corner trowel ! he's never done house bashing at 60p m2 and with cotton scrim ( was a long time ago ) mind you the way things are going we will be back to them prices soon

Last edited:
What would you do if you forgot corner trowel then lads and had to do wets

You can do wet internal angles without a corner trowel I've done it many times by keeping the internal clean and running a brush down to finish it.

I rarely do this now though corner trowel takes 5 seconds and does the best job.

You can do wet internal angles without a corner trowel I've done it many times by keeping the internal clean and running a brush down to finish it.

I rarely do this now though corner trowel takes 5 seconds and does the best job.

Really, it must take a lot of skill. I've never seen it done, it must take lots of practice?

Gibbo just tell's it the way it is, and he put's you right and save you a bit of cash. on fancy tools:RpS_thumbup:

I've seen a few spreads do them freehand but that was in the days when we did internals with box trowels.they were shite. Personally I haven't the knack or time

Status
Not open for further replies.