told never use a corner trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive done both with and without. was taught without incase you were in the scenario you didnt have one for whatever reason. but like gary and andy have said when youre banging on 4.5.6 wet walls or a ceiling and 4 walls or whatever. id rather have my corner trowel anyday. you just need the right one. i have a MT and its **** hot. they do a drywall one which is shite cus the angles wrong but they also do a 90 degree trowel and its mint. i also use a small brush when skimming hard angles.

i used mine today without a brush. did a ceiling and 2 adjoining walls. didnt use the brush on the angle once and it looked just as good if not better than brushing them in

i used mine today without a brush. did a ceiling and 2 adjoining walls. didnt use the brush on the angle once and it looked just as good if not better than brushing them in

Wow you did your Internal angles with an Internal angle trowel and they looked good ? i'm shocked :RpS_wink:

i've been plastering 13 years and was tought without an angle trowel which i belive is the best way round to learn, which proved right when a few years later when i got one and learned to use it i trod on it (f***ed) but not a prob as i had the skills to do it without. if i had learned the easy way first all them walls would have to have been re-skimed and i would not have been able to work again untill it had been replaced. carried on without one for years but do now use a marshalltown 90 degree much faster and neater makes the job easier and anything that does that is a good thing, but still good to know you can do it oldskool if need be

its impossible to get a perfect internal without a twitcher,unless you keep messing about with it then in the meantime the rest of the walls are going off,what happens when youve got 4/5 internals to do at once,the only time i use a brush is to keep my tyzack clean/wet as im trowelling up

why do i want t do wet angles its more agg than doing it with a twitcher,spose you can get away with wet angles on and council
and house bashing but not on quality work,
SPUNKY CANT DO QUALITY WORK HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol did you start out on a 2 week course honest I'm amazed you can't do a basic plastering task

What does it really matter, if the F*****g walls look spot on when they're done why does it matter, I plaster with a mate of mine sometimes, he uses angle trowels i don't, so F*****g what. Judge a bloke by his work, at the end of the day what can't speak can't lie

might as well shut the forum down then, its only a bit of banter, i couldnt give a **** if plasterers plaster a wall with a shovel to be honest

might as well shut the forum down then, its only a bit of banter, i couldnt give a **** if plasterers plaster a wall with a shovel to be honest
Nah, you want a spade as its flatter - shovels are more rounded :RpS_thumbup:

i tried a rake does that count:RpS_confused: luckily the mix was lumpy and stiff so it diddnt slide off the prongs

Status
Not open for further replies.