Thought you might not want to hear this

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
Was asked by friend of the family couple of months back to open up fire place, remove back boiler, install wood burner.

Couldn't get to the job for a couple of months, so she found some1 else I asked my Dad to find out how much they charged.

1st quote established builder £150 a day for him and his mate so £75 each...

Second quote builder £50 a day.

I have it in writing....

She says the builder whos on £75 a day has a family with 2 kids to support.

My question is how is it possible to run a business on these wages?

I'm earning £150 - £200 a day and struggle, granted I have over heads storage, etc but I don't have a mortgage or family.

It's tough out there at the minute mate, our footballers wages are only just about managing to cover all our bills, eating out, luxuries, holidays, 3-4 car familys, homes abroad, yachts etc. Chin up mate :RpS_unsure:

Not every day, on average. I'm breaking even, when you take all costs out advertising, accounting, bookeeping, insurance, storage etc etc most of my money goes back into the business.

You can't say I'm doing something wrong when you don't know my business expenses.

Last edited:
not knocking you but if its costing you that much too earn that amount and your not making owt something is wrong.50,000 pound a year plastering is great.how much do you spend on the things you listed

M8 I don't earn anything like £50000 a year....

My argument is you can't run a legitimate business and support yourself on £50 - £75 a day. These guys must be doing cash and topping up wages with tax credits or something.

FreeD - Dont take offense, obviously I dont know your expenses, but as said above, what sort of money are you spending on, insurance, accountant etc/??

Not having your own place and mortgage though, you should be loaded??

Part of the reason I dont want to have kids and a mortgage too soon, **** that, gotta live a little!

FreeD - Dont take offense, obviously I dont know your expenses, but as said above, what sort of money are you spending on, insurance, accountant etc/??

Not having your own place and mortgage though, you should be loaded??

Part of the reason I dont want to have kids and a mortgage too soon, **** that, gotta live a little!

I know what you're saying about living a little but if you really do want kids be careful you don't leave it to long as they are bloody expensive whatever your age and at least when you're young (I was 25) you still have the umff and get up and go to work seven days a week to keep it all together.

Not every day, on average. I'm breaking even, when you take all costs out advertising, accounting, bookeeping, insurance, storage etc etc most of my money goes back into the business.

You can't say I'm doing something wrong when you don't know my business expenses.

Yeah, this is true actually....All i seem to be doing is breaking evan aswell...

You need to be clearing at least 150 a day I bet it's hard to get a full week in and it all run smoothly

its just not my day today.. :/ think ill turn the poota off and try and cut some z's ive got that 'sure ive forgotten something' feeling, and me heads up me arse, ive had friday nights fried chicken portion out the van for me tea cos i couldnt be arsed cookin, 2 tins of stella that feels like 18, found me rizlas in the chicken box in the van with the chicken covered in mayonaise, i havent washed me work gear, and after bollocking one of the neighbours over noise me and this bird proceeded to keep em awake all night and i mean all night. well it was her the noisy bitch.... so not only do i feel like a ****, i look like one, and act like one and im off now cos i cant remember what i typed into wot page anymore than about 10 seconds ago :0

its just not my day today.. :/ think ill turn the poota off and try and cut some z's ive got that 'sure ive forgotten something' feeling, and me heads up me arse, ive had friday nights fried chicken portion out the van for me tea cos i couldnt be arsed cookin, 2 tins of stella that feels like 18, found me rizlas in the chicken box in the van with the chicken covered in mayonaise, i havent washed me work gear, and after bollocking one of the neighbours over noise me and this bird proceeded to keep em awake all night and i mean all night. well it was her the noisy bitch.... so not only do i feel like a ****, i look like one, and act like one and im off now cos i cant remember what i typed into wot page anymore than about 10 seconds ago :0

me too, im bollixed.com :RpS_crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.