Weber Render Gone Wrong!

Nezer007

Hi everyone, this is my first post so hoping for some advice please.
I recently had a plasterer render the front of my house using Weber. I had asked him to hack off the old sand/cement render which had been painted, but he said it didn’t need to because it was not loose.
He put beading around the edges and painted some bonding agent on the area first and later a base coat (Weber rend aid) I believe.
He then used 6 out of the 10 bags of Weber I had paid for and kept the 4 bags which I’m annoyed at.
I noticed on my CCTV he then used a wet sponge to try and smooth the whole area which has caused running of the cream colour.
As the days have gone on the whole area looks patchy and run areas. My pictures don’t show actually how bad it looks due to the light when they were taken, but neighbours have commented how bad it looks which is more embarrassing.
I contacted him a week after the job was done and he came back to have a look and his words were, ‘OMG it looks awful and he will sort it’. Over a month has now gone by and I keep being fobbed off and he has no intention clearly of coming back.
I have sought legal advice and advised to formally write to him informing him of my grievance and my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Has anybody else had a similar issue and how did you resolve the issue with someone that clearly takes your money and does a poor job. He used only a Plasterer’s trowel to apply and used nothing to ensure it was level.
Thanking you in advance. Regards

Attachments

• 4E72F657-808B-4C20-9946-99FB5044978C.jpeg
    4E72F657-808B-4C20-9946-99FB5044978C.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 788EEACC-E99E-43B0-8E47-EE26241C6F26.jpeg
    788EEACC-E99E-43B0-8E47-EE26241C6F26.jpeg
    693.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 739C4DF6-F727-4B5C-A36A-25B6E453C773.jpeg
    739C4DF6-F727-4B5C-A36A-25B6E453C773.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
  • C9968695-CB26-42A7-BE4A-F07B3F8EA5C5.jpeg
    C9968695-CB26-42A7-BE4A-F07B3F8EA5C5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 243
  • B45E4F96-28F8-42FA-85B0-ED868BF891A7.jpeg
    B45E4F96-28F8-42FA-85B0-ED868BF891A7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 285
" have sought legal advice and advised to formally write to him informing him of my grievance and my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. "

Think you don't need advice mate

Oh :confused:
Was better looking on first picture
Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience
Why did you pursue the works being done in the first place?

Oh :confused:
Was better looking on first picture
Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience
Why did you pursue the works being done in the first place?
I had a few cracks appear due to I presume weather. I live on welsh coast right next to the beach and the front gets a right hammering in poor weather.
I had scaffolding put up but because I don’t like heights I couldn’t go up and physically see myself what needed doing or standard of word that had been done until scaffolding came down.
You are correct though, it did look much better before and when sun is not direct on the area it looks dirty, patchy and run lines.

Hi everyone, this is my first post so hoping for some advice please.
I recently had a plasterer render the front of my house using Weber. I had asked him to hack off the old sand/cement render which had been painted, but he said it didn’t need to because it was not loose.
He put beading around the edges and painted some bonding agent on the area first and later a base coat (Weber rend aid) I believe.
He then used 6 out of the 10 bags of Weber I had paid for and kept the 4 bags which I’m annoyed at.
I noticed on my CCTV he then used a wet sponge to try and smooth the whole area which has caused running of the cream colour.
As the days have gone on the whole area looks patchy and run areas. My pictures don’t show actually how bad it looks due to the light when they were taken, but neighbours have commented how bad it looks which is more embarrassing.
I contacted him a week after the job was done and he came back to have a look and his words were, ‘OMG it looks awful and he will sort it’. Over a month has now gone by and I keep being fobbed off and he has no intention clearly of coming back.
I have sought legal advice and advised to formally write to him informing him of my grievance and my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Has anybody else had a similar issue and how did you resolve the issue with someone that clearly takes your money and does a poor job. He used only a Plasterer’s trowel to apply and used nothing to ensure it was level.
Thanking you in advance. Regards
Weber isn't designed to sponge up it should have been put on thick over the beads and scrape finished

I presume if he then applied a further top coat, for example 2mths after the initial work was undertaken, that would make the situation worse? ie.
* the original sand/cement render was not hacked off
* the front had a further base coat and Weber topcoat

if he did suggest this the beading would not be wide enough?

I suppose I’m seeking advice from those of on here that what are my best options to resolve this? 1) total removal and start again or can it be easily rectified.

thank you so much for the advice offered so far, it really is much appreciated.

I presume if he then applied a further top coat, for example 2mths after the initial work was undertaken, that would make the situation worse? ie.
* the original sand/cement render was not hacked off
* the front had a further base coat and Weber topcoat

if he did suggest this the beading would not be wide enough?

I suppose I’m seeking advice from those of on here that what are my best options to resolve this? 1) total removal and start again or can it be easily rectified.

thank you so much for the advice offered so far, it really is much appreciated.
It should have been taken off really if it was solid re beaded then gone over with everything else with mesh in the base coat

I had a few cracks appear due to I presume weather. I live on welsh coast right next to the beach and the front gets a right hammering in poor weather.
I had scaffolding put up but because I don’t like heights I couldn’t go up and physically see myself what needed doing or standard of word that had been done until scaffolding came down.
You are correct though, it did look much better before and when sun is not direct on the area it looks dirty, patchy and run lines.
Wouldn't of used mono anyway gonna look battered in a year