Thistle Pro Pure

Members online

I agonized over whether to wait for a look at the apx or get the mark 5 I'm just bloody impatient lol.
How did you get on with the the prep Glenn?.
Think i need the village idiot to go do it for me cause what ever why you look at it it's a bit of a chore.
Suppose I could spunk another grand or 2 on some mechanical jointing kit to speed things up a bit.
Then 35k for a new-ish sprinter to fit it all In :crying:
She wouldn't be at all happy then!

So few updates on this material it’s out right the best plaster available imho, also last week I gave my cousin 3 bags to try as a totally unbiased opinion, actually had a £150 bet with him that once he used it he would order a pallets worth straight away as it is so superior to any other plaster I’ve used. Glad to say I won the bet he ordered one last week, although bg do promote this material as a plasterer I feel it should be more widely used and in terms of the amount of people unaware of how good it is I’m go smacked tbh, I’d even offer that £150 cash difference to any members on here to prove it is best material available atm on the market, if anyone takes up that offer it only applies to a valid private member on here

Only if you go out and buy new does it cost anywhere near 6 grand.

Mark V can be had second hand for 1500 easily. They are bomb prof with very few parts to ever go wrong.

New Evo sander and vac under 400 quid.

6" blade £15

16" s*p*r*lex trowel £25

Sanding pad 65p

Would not take long to cover your costs
I keep looking for used ones but either looking in the wrong place or they are very rare

Gonna bump this thread , on another thread the moaning multi one there is a few members that have ordered pure now too, tbf it would be good to hear there reviews of the thistle pure finish too when used
Fingers crossed it’s gonna be good news from them

Gonna bump this thread , on another thread the moaning multi one there is a few members that have ordered pure now too, tbf it would be good to hear there reviews of the thistle pure finish too when used
Fingers crossed it’s gonna be good news from them
I'm hoping my pallet is in in the morning so I can get a few bags loaded in the back of this heap of shite new model trafic sport of mine that I've about had enough of after 6 months of pure hell with it.
Had it 2 years since new and by god I wished I hadn't bothered.
Why of f**k**g why can't they sort the f**k**g clutch master cylinder problem out
The vans been out 4 years now for f**k sake

I'm hoping my pallet is in in the morning so I can get a few bags loaded in the back of this heap of shite new model trafic sport of mine that I've about had enough of after 6 months of pure hell with it.
Had it 2 years since new and by god I wished I hadn't bothered.
Why of f**k**g why can't they sort the f**k**g clutch master cylinder problem out
The vans been out 4 years now for f**k sake

Does yours also have to be completely stationary to use first gear?

Does yours also have to be completely stationary to use first gear?
No but it's currently losing 1l of brake fluid a day inside the cab due to the 4th new clutch master cylinder leaking that badly 2 weeks after fitting it.

So I'd day it pretty much needs to be stationary full stop!!!

Worst thing I ever bought.

The lucky thing is because I bought and not leased and did it at the right time just before this brexit s**t I have about 4k of equity in it.

So I'm looking to change for a new transit custom.

A bit more money but f**k the French shite.

Funny thing is if you'd have asked me 6 months ago would I buy another I'd have said yes in a heartbeat but now I won't touch another.

I've also heard a few horror stories of the turbo going quite quickly. Which is ok if still under warranty but I ain't taking that chance.

If the figures work on a new custom it's off.

Considering I've only done 26k miles from new and it's on its 4th clutch master cylinder soon to be 5 I think that's real poor.

The funny thing is last time they gave me a brand new trafic loan van and the master cylinder was leaking on that

Funny thing is if you'd have asked me 6 months ago would I buy another I'd have said yes in a heartbeat but now I won't touch another.

I've also heard a few horror stories of the turbo going quite quickly. Which is ok if still under warranty but I ain't taking that chance.

If the figures work on a new custom it's off.

Considering I've only done 26k miles from new and it's on its 4th clutch master cylinder soon to be 5 I think that's real poor.

The funny thing is last time they gave me a brand new trafic loan van and the master cylinder was leaking on that
I have a trafic and it’s fine... but I just don’t like it. It’s a s**t van for a plasterer. It’ll do for now but when I feel like I’ve got less on my plate and I’m going to be thinking about getting another van. I like transits apart from the infamous rust

I have a trafic and it’s fine... but I just don’t like it. It’s a s**t van for a plasterer. It’ll do for now but when I feel like I’ve got less on my plate and I’m going to be thinking about getting another van. I like transits apart from the infamous rust
Transporter will be my next choice best vans in my opinion.

I can’t understand the value in transformer’s. They’re silly money. Rather have a c63 and a half decent work van. I love my sprinter, my crafter got wrote off by a lorry scraping all down the passenger side and bent all the b pillar. The sprinter pisses all over the crafter engine wise

I can’t understand the value in transformer’s. They’re silly money. Rather have a c63 and a half decent work van. I love my sprinter, my crafter got wrote off by a lorry scraping all down the passenger side and bent all the b pillar. The sprinter pisses all over the crafter engine wise
They’re rot boxes though. Crafters are zinc galvanised so will last a lot longer.
All depends on the engine/turbo you had in each too. A more powerful engine/turbo will piss all over a less powerful one obviously.

Agree with you on the transporter price. Crazy money! I got 10 years out of mine and only lost £4500! Pay a lot more but sell for a lot more.

The
They’re rot boxes though. Crafters are zinc galvanised so will last a lot longer.
All depends on the engine/turbo you had in each too. A more powerful engine/turbo will piss all over a less powerful one obviously.

The sprinter is a higher output engine than the crafter and like you said it obviously makes such a difference but I had so many squeaks and rattled in the crafter that the sprinter just doesn’t have.

Was working along with a spark few weeks ago, he had a nearly new transporte. 27k I think he said. Was hoping sell it in 2 years time for 22. Said would of lost a lot more on anything else.
Also a different plumber. Wanted to convert his to a camper once he was finished with it. Said he wouldn’t lose a penny on it then. His seats where nearly 2k in the front diamond quilted leather.
Can you imagine that full of our dust?

The

The sprinter is a higher output engine than the crafter and like you said it obviously makes such a difference but I had so many squeaks and rattled in the crafter that the sprinter just doesn’t have.

Was working along with a spark few weeks ago, he had a nearly new transporte. 27k I think he said. Was hoping sell it in 2 years time for 22. Said would of lost a lot more on anything else.
Also a different plumber. Wanted to convert his to a camper once he was finished with it. Said he wouldn’t lose a penny on it then. His seats where nearly 2k in the front diamond quilted leather.
Can you imagine that full of our dust?
Makes sense having one when you work the sums out on that.
£2k seats! Ooooof!

Yeah it was the long wheelbase that wouldn't take 3m., it's why I went with the Vito.
Fair enough the lad I was working for had tons of room in his I didn't measure looked long enough for a board to be honest. His was a spanker paid about 40 odd for his all extras.