Thistle Durafinish

Members online

I'm sure 7 years ago when I had cscs card to get on site all I had to do was sit a theory type test about h+s..... I have absolutely no qualifications either...... just relax man
I have a gold cscs card, got this year, and no certificates.

Look here,Vincey said he would post copies of his quals on here when he gets back from the south,so I am prepared to wait.what I didn't understand was he had forgotten he had done his NVQ level 1 but could remember all the other qualifications he has,(just sounded a bit odd )and when he used them,so for now I have to believe him!!!!!!!!
What would be amusing is if he didn't have any qualifications to his name,this would lose him a lot of credit,and as a pusher for all the tools and plaster ranges he has been paid to promote on here and for all the companies that have fallen for his false image.might not be as important as a fake doctor or surgeon but still should not be advising people who can actually apply for jobs which require a time served plasterer/renderer.
Ps I'm still waiting for the paddle mixer bucket cleaning video he promised last week?

qualifications-experience-ml9e9w9ah0r0u3r3tymhju3ubw97r72sdmlp0ltc1g.jpg
Which one is better?

I haven't got nvq1 only nvq2, you may ask how, I haven't a clue that's what I got. Having a piece of paper won't prove a thing, there's thousands of trades out there without formal qualifications who got caught out with the CSCS cards that they can only have an operative one if they have nvq's, even tho they in that trade for decades

Had to pull one of my kids baby teeth out last week,really hurting him,what an experience,if your dentist is busy give me a call at Andy anytime abstractions,thanks

I haven't got nvq1 only nvq2, you may ask how, I haven't a clue that's what I got. Having a piece of paper won't prove a thing, there's thousands of trades out there without formal qualifications who got caught out with the CSCS cards that they can only have an operative one if they have nvq's, even tho they in that trade for decades
Here when u left school and went to tech to do plastering or most trades you automatically start on nvq level 2 is the first level u get. Nvq level one was usually for the slower learners. The nvq 1s I saw on site couldn't get the stuff off the hawk to coat, literally had to hold the hawk against wall to he able To push the mortar up the wall.

He said he will post them on here on his return,and I have to believe him,but if nothing appears what am I supposed to think,was he just hoping this thread would disappear if he left it alone long enough,why don't we give him 7 days to prove he has them I'm sure it will be be ok,if not then he should not be giving advice on here, if you have not bothered to study for 2/3 years.we all like to think we are meeting/employing people we have to trust eg doctors teachers,I like to know they are qualified for the job they are being paid to do,not until you have had to deal and put right work done by Cowboys,and seen how they can affect people's trust in the building trade.CSCS cards were introduced to stop idiots like this just walking on sites and causing accidents and poor quality work.
Have you seen the paddle cleaning bucket video yet.

He said he will post them on here on his return,and I have to believe him,but if nothing appears what am I supposed to think,was he just hoping this thread would disappear if he left it alone long enough,why don't we give him 7 days to prove he has them I'm sure it will be be ok,if not then he should not be giving advice on here, if you have not bothered to study for 2/3 years.we all like to think we are meeting/employing people we have to trust eg doctors teachers,I like to know they are qualified for the job they are being paid to do,not until you have had to deal and put right work done by Cowboys,and seen how they can affect people's trust in the building trade.CSCS cards were introduced to stop idiots like this just walking on sites and causing accidents and poor quality work.
Have you seen the paddle cleaning bucket video yet.
Yes mate, seen the paddle cleaning bucket thingy video from multiple people, it's not just him who has it I reckon.
I disagree with you on that the trades should have qualifications, seen a fair few stone mason, plasterer, brickie etc who never had any quals but would probably show up any other one on a Taylor wimpey site, it won't makes you better to have a piece of paper, schools and training providers got targets to achieve to keep up the numbers they will give quals to people who can even farther without aid.

Ok enough now,he said he has them and he will post them on here,I'm not saying any one without qualifications are a lesser person,your quite right there are amazing trades people out there who have never had to prove they are what they profess to be,I asked him a question,he answered and said he will prove on his return by posting them,that's it.if he doesn't then what can I say.He Is a plasterer but without any qualifications,or he can come clean now and say if he was just telling a little few white lies,I'll wait,thanks for all your replies.

:popcorn:

I'll guarantee that my work will be spot on but I can't guarantee that the foundation guy, the framer, the elctrician, the plumber, or the HVAC guy. A thin coat of plaster isn't structural and if a house is going to move I don't care how skillful you are or how good a job you did your plaster is going to crack. How does your guarantee address that? If you have to have a long list of disclaimers on your guarantee it isn't really a guarantee, its a sales tool. Nothing wrong with that but among us we should call it like it is.

Carpet manufacturers around here say they have a 30 year guarantee but you have to show that you've had your carpet cleaned annually by a professional cleaner and have receipts to back it up in order for them to actually stand by it.

Back on topic. Maybe I missed it but in what hinge the videos I didn't see any explanation as to why durafinish was better other than some saying it just was... o_O

hahaha poor vincey.....who really gives a f**k.
everyone i work for doesnt know if their lying or telling the truth anymore.
business is built on bullshit and false promises.
get some sleep andy.

:popcorn:

I'll guarantee that my work will be spot on but I can't guarantee that the foundation guy, the framer, the elctrician, the plumber, or the HVAC guy. A thin coat of plaster isn't structural and if a house is going to move I don't care how skillful you are or how good a job you did your plaster is going to crack. How does your guarantee address that? If you have to have a long list of disclaimers on your guarantee it isn't really a guarantee, its a sales tool. Nothing wrong with that but among us we should call it like it is.

Carpet manufacturers around here say they have a 30 year guarantee but you have to show that you've had your carpet cleaned annually by a professional cleaner and have receipts to back it up in order for them to actually stand by it.

Back on topic. Maybe I missed it but in what hinge the videos I didn't see any explanation as to why durafinish was better other than some saying it just was... o_O
Warranties usually worth as much as the paper printed on, there's always get out clause

Evening,:rock:

IMG_9159.JPG

The only thing I couldn't recollect was the date I did this ( 2012) , I can't find nvq 2 Andy but like you said I must of have it somewhere or I wouldn't of been able to do nvq 3, tbh I can't remember doing level 1 though , are you sure there is a level 1 if not is there any college tutors on here that could confirm if there is ?

:descansando:

View attachment 19117

The only thing I couldn't recollect was the date I did this ( 2012) , I can't find nvq 2 Andy but like you said I must of have it somewhere or I wouldn't of been able to do nvq 3, tbh I can't remember doing level 1 though , are you sure there is a level 1 if not is there any college tutors on here that could confirm if there is ?

There is no level 1.

View attachment 19117

@puddove is a tutor I think

View attachment 19117

I don't care if your a "qualified" spread, im more bothered your taking courses on other things..... You turning im to a multi turder yourself Vincey lol.....

Hats off to you for having them though... I ain't got s**t.

@Andythespread AKA @flynnyman
You're not kidding anyone with your alter ego. The personal vendetta against Vince is exactly the same. Not sure if it's jealousy or what but live and let live. Why take this so personally?! Life's too short! :sisi:

@Andythespread AKA @flynnyman
You're not kidding anyone with your alter ego. The personal vendetta against Vince is exactly the same. Not sure if it's jealousy or what but live and let live. Why take this so personally?! Life's too short! :sisi:
Stop talking like a c**t, my spelling and grammar is not that bad and like I've said before, if I have something to say I wouldn't hide behind a fake account.

Stop talking like a c**t, my spelling and grammar is not that bad and like I've said before, if I have something to say I wouldn't hide behind a fake account.

i wish you would moderate me when im drinking flyn.....let me know so i dont keep embarasing myself with shite !!
i dread some mornings when i see alerts (y).
i think im gonna change my name to conversationstopper !!

I've already thought about that. I think you're clever enough to throw the grammar :D