Tapit tape fail

Members online

Maybe so but I'd like to see a straight edge on that. Didn't you have to go back to a bathroom not to long ago because your wall was too pissed to tile on.... Oops

Oh you little slag you. But yes, you’re right. The majority of this bathroom was over-skim. Some areas needed floating.

Customer calls me to tell me the tiler can’t get over the walls. My god. My heart sank. My gut feeling was mr tiler didn’t like the tiles they unveiled on him during his quote.

Tail between my legs, I went back. Armed with a f**k**g straight edge.

A719E833-69A3-4096-A7A3-6E0EBA332F72.png
7776CE13-9FD0-4470-994E-EDF82166D047.png
B4AB8316-4F23-4BA1-AFD1-BD92DB6466D4.png

Ah, walls fine. If being picky the bead corners were a bit proud so bonded those bits out simply because it’s a decent customer whom I’ve done loads of work for.

I did tell them tho that I think mr tiler just doesn’t fancy the job.

Then I find out (after) that they’ve called mr tiler so say mr plasterer is being submissive and doing what you want to tile. Guess what. He’s not available all of a sudden.

Extra fun bonus fact. All tiled and customer smitten now.

Fun game: guess who tiled it

Oh you little slag you. But yes, you’re right. The majority of this bathroom was over-skim. Some areas needed floating.

Customer calls me to tell me the tiler can’t get over the walls. My god. My heart sank. My gut feeling was mr tiler didn’t like the tiles they unveiled on him during his quote.

View attachment 39528View attachment 39529View attachment 39530

Ah, walls fine. If being picky the bead corners were a bit proud so bonded those bits out simply because it’s a decent customer whom I’ve done loads of work for.

Then I find out (after) that they’ve called mr tiler so say mr plasterer is being submissive and doing what you want to tile. Guess what. He’s not available all of a sudden.

Those facts weren't fun

View attachment 39528View attachment 39529View attachment 39530

2035192C-098C-42A1-B110-13DC66412A17.gif

Maybe so but I'd like to see a straight edge on that. Didn't you have to go back to a bathroom not to long ago because your wall was too pissed to tile on.... Oops
I’ll put you a straight edge on it tomorrow or next time I’m back there, there’s no ripples what you think are ripples is where the plaster is different colours as it’s drying at different depths due to the tile adhesive.
The reason it looks that way is the tile adhesive is spread with a notched trowel

I’ll put you a straight edge on it tomorrow or next time I’m back there, there’s no ripples what you think are ripples is where the plaster is different colours as it’s drying at different depths due to the tile adhesive.
The reason it looks that way is the tile adhesive is spread with a notched trowel
Dont feel the need to explain yourself to any expert on here ffs.....
To good for tiling on tbh (y)