Tapit tape fail

Tinytom

Sorry @tapit but after my positive review Friday here comes a negative one.

I walked into the job this morning and the beads were all loose, the upright had fell off and the head of the window had fell off.

0E0E4CB8-0460-46B0-87F3-93985638DBE2.jpeg
8B424362-FDA1-4093-88FA-A35FC8AB7B70.jpeg

B243931B-6E47-459B-A42B-651A7D1209F9.jpeg
462CB74E-D4E7-4679-AFA3-D78914E7D746.jpeg

Even the tape on the horizontal bead had come away.
Anyway not too bad I thought I’d crack on and tape them back on maybe it just doesn’t like to be left over a weekend.
This time I taped length ways down the beads, very generous strips to hold them tight in place.
Unfortunately during the first coat the tape started to peel off the substrate and stick up through my first coat, I couldn’t pull the tape off because it was too long it would have caused me some right hassle.
So right through the set iv been battling with corners of tape sticking up, edges of tape riding up as I’m troweling it’s been a bit of a nightmare to be honest.
Sorry @tapit but I won’t be using it again.
Might sound brutal but i was honest last Friday and just being honest now
A9781FA4-DE37-4C96-90C4-941BF49A6500.jpeg

Said from day 1 if it isn’t a wind up this tape is f**k**g stupid. Surely any decent spread can see the potential issues of a completely untested product ‘invented’ by a diy dad?

Clout or scrim. Clout over everything. Solid fix. Even staples are ok too just not my preference. Scrim beds in with skim so locks together. This tape will just fail it’s like skimming plastic

Not surprised that an adhesive tape delaminating from gypsum in that delay @Tinytom
Long-term the skim will be hollow for the areas covered by the tape ( probably stuck to boards will be OK ) , doubt the skim grips to the top surface of the tape either.

Not completely out yet @tapit

I'm offering a two week intensive training course in how to stick your beads in first coat if anyone in particular is interested ,
£26.99/including campsite , free apples , strictly no funny business with the pony

Anyway not too bad I thought I’d crack on and tape them back on maybe it just doesn’t like to be left over a weekend.
This time I taped length ways down the beads, very generous strips to hold them tight in place.
Unfortunately during the first coat the tape started to peel off the substrate and stick up through my first coat, I couldn’t pull the tape off because it was too long it would have caused me some right hassle.
So right through the set iv been battling with corners of tape sticking up, edges of tape riding up as I’m troweling it’s been a bit of a nightmare to be honest.
Might sound brutal but i was honest last Friday and just being honest now View attachment 39480
Ah that’s a shame. But it’s all good to know and improve on @tapit ! Or even cut your losses if needs be.

Never mind! That is a epic fail in my opinion the tape is not up to the job and should be discontinued as of immediate effect!!!!! Dangerous that could of hit a small child and taken there eye out this has got to be a health and safety issue!

Never mind! That is a epic fail in my opinion the tape is not up to the job and should be discontinued as of immediate effect!!!!! Dangerous that could of hit a small child and taken there eye out this has got to be a health and safety issue!
:bailando:

Might sound brutal but i was honest last Friday and just being honest now View attachment 39480

Why didn't you just tape them like you did the first time round if you were happy with them then?

Come on give the lad a chance! The tape has been on all weekend, put your fibre tape on boards over the weekend and by Monday it'd be falling off!! Keep the faith tapit you'll triumph in the end kid
Don’t know what scrim your using mate but it’s definitely the wrong one if it doesn’t stay on over a weekend.

Said from day 1 if it isn’t a wind up this tape is f**k**g stupid. Surely any decent spread can see the potential issues of a completely untested product ‘invented’ by a diy dad?

Clout or scrim. Clout over everything. Solid fix. Even staples are ok too just not my preference. Scrim beds in with skim so locks together. This tape will just fail it’s like skimming plastic
why try to modernise an age old trade /I rest my case

Come on give the lad a chance! The tape has been on all weekend, put your fibre tape on boards over the weekend and by Monday it'd be falling off!! Keep the faith tapit you'll triumph in the end kid

Nah, his s**t product matches his s**t attitude. I’ve gone back to a job years after and customer laughed that the boarding still not skimmed and the scrim was still on it, that orange stuff.

Why didn't you just tape them like you did the first time round if you were happy with them then?
I did on a couple and on the others I taped length ways down the bead.
The tape that went across the bead pulled away at the corners and stood up through fist coat
The tape that was running along the length lifted side ways and showed through the first coat.

Nah, his s**t product matches his s**t attitude. I’ve gone back to a job years after and customer laughed that the boarding still not skimmed and the scrim was still on it, that orange stuff.
put scrim on and spot weld with pva will be there forever

I did on a couple and on the others I taped length ways down the bead.
The tape that went across the bead pulled away at the corners and stood up through fist coat
The tape that was running along the length lifted side ways and showed through the first coat.
im out/the dragon

I only put fibre tape on when I'm ready to skim board, I always tack my beads and use good quality tacks stainless mostly but there's good quality tacks that aren't!! This ain't a tutorial thread we all use what we are taught or those super plasterers out there do there own thing!! There's only a few on here I've ever agreed with just by reading what they post I can see there top men... Listen to Rigsby and malc on the rendering they know there stuff as for skimmers there 2a penny!! I'm old school but still going like fuk!! So give him a chance!! No one perfect

I only put fibre tape on when I'm ready to skim board, I always tack my beads and use good quality tacks stainless mostly but there's good quality tacks that aren't!! This ain't a tutorial thread we all use what we are taught or those super plasterers out there do there own thing!! There's only a few on here I've ever agreed with just by reading what they post I can see there top men... Listen to Rigsby and malc on the rendering they know there stuff as for skimmers there 2a penny!! I'm old school but still going like fuk!! So give him a chance!! No one perfect
Stop buying cheap scrim and you’re be ok.

Sorry @tapit but after my positive review Friday here comes a negative one.

I walked into the job this morning and the beads were all loose, the upright had fell off and the head of the window had fell off.

Put some super glue on the tape next time