Tape and joint

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pretty large contractor told me they don't skim anymore as they had site managers and architects shining lights across to show up any ripples

Another nail in the coffin......surely skimming Is better in the long run there ain't much difference in m2 price so it's not about the shillings

A pretty large contractor told me they don't skim anymore as they had site managers and architects shining lights across to show up any ripples
And here he is !!!!
image.gif

The new build sites in the east are probably 50/50.
skim if applied correctly is imo a superior finish.
The boarding needs to be right regardless of what it's finished with.
A lot of volume housing developers will skim the show houses then joint the rest which says it all.

its been mainly tape for years on new builds... but in time you will get the plastering.... as said previously, wallpaper rips pboards apart :D

Shine a light down a plasterboard and you will c some ripples,not as bad as skim but that's just spreads using superflexs to flatten...........

The new build sites in the east are probably 50/50.
skim if applied correctly is imo a superior finish.
The boarding needs to be right regardless of what it's finished with.
A lot of volume housing developers will skim the show houses then joint the rest which says it all.
We skimmed a show house a few months bk there was 8 more plots to do and there said there will tape rest just wanted show house skimming

Shine a light down a plasterboard and you will c some ripples,not as bad as skim but that's just spreads using superflexs to flatten...........
I'm with you , I think skimming is better , but the contractor can deflect any problems to the manufacturer on dry lining,

Not arsed as dnt do major house bashing for big contractors like taylor wimpey,persimmon,redworths etc as u are literally working For peanuts..do houses but mainly for small to middle sized vompanys and there tend to care more and do It properly,feel for people who actually buy a new house from any of the big company's..does any1 on here actually work now for these company's?

Remember a guy starting a thread on here months ago saying he was looking for a apprentice as he's just secured 1000s of new builds from redworths..wonder how he's getting on lol...laughable really just needing a apprentice to tackle sumat like that

I work for persimmon and one very large plastering contractor has convinced them to tape and joint . It's not going well from what I can gather I can't see it taking off. Not the right finish for domestic houses in my opinion.

I work for persimmon and one very large plastering contractor has convinced them to tape and joint . It's not going well from what I can gather I can't see it taking off. Not the right finish for domestic houses in my opinion.
Looks cheap n nasty does tape n joint..whos the big contractor?

It's faster cleaner easier to get right and I'd much rather do it than go flat out skimming to earn the same money but I still agree skimming is a far better finish as long as you're not a ruff barstuard

I know a tape and jointer can do 2 and a half 2 bedroom houses in a week by himself. Tape and jointing is quicker.
Spunkys right. And he's hung like a donkey.

I've got a cock a hamster would be proud of but but I'm right in the long term tape jointing is quicker if it wasn't 99 percent of new builds would be skimming instead of tape jointing

b*ll***s is tapeing quicker ..........3 big persimmon sites in the north west have just got rid of it.....it wont ever take over.

Ive yet to meet 1 agent or cont. Manager who says its quicker or better ....they all hate the gyspy s**t.

It already has you penis unless you've just come off a one week course
Kitchy it's about the same and like you said it drys quicker so who gets the job painted faster
f**k me you lot live in a dream world

Status
Not open for further replies.