Tape and joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
It already has you penis unless you've just come off a one week course
Kitchy it's about the same and like you said it drys quicker so who gets the job painted faster
f**k me you lot live in a dream world
It depends how fast the joiners are

It already has you penis unless you've just come off a one week course
Kitchy it's about the same and like you said it drys quicker so who gets the job painted faster
f**k me you lot live in a dream world

Your full s**t ......floating was replaced by dabbing for quicker drying reasons not tapeing.

Can a 1 bed house be skimed in a day yes can a 1 bed house be taped in a day no it's not rocket science

Maybe in England, but here I know for a fact barrat and persimmon tape all their houses, the rest i'm not sure build up here

I think its actually is a bit more expensive on materials than skimming.

Macarthy and stone are the only big outfit I know who use taping on there care homes
Alot of offices aswell are taped.
I think they should tape town houses or a least the top floor !!

Depends the size of the site, 100 houses would be finished quicker with taping, a one off house would probably be about the same but then drying times mean it would still be completed quicker with taping, its def an inferior finish, couple of months down the line and you can see every joint

We do both tape and joint and skim, houses, flats, bungalows, office block. Taping is a 3 step process without sanding, skimming is one step

The bulk price on contract plastering is on labour.
As with most trades.
Keepmoat used to get discounts on mp finish.
As did barrats with universal....now persimmon being the biggest house builder get it with british gypum.

="Danny, post: 943125, member: 1"]so if taping is not quicker... not cheaper why is it used over skimming?
Quicker turn out...faster drying...get the painters In...quick quick..hurry hurry.:sisi:..

££££££££££££££....

Most tapers working for Drylining contractors on high volume house building sites are on sub £2.50 a metre, supply & fix.
You going to skim for that? I don't f**k**g think so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tape and jointing might be quicker to paint and get the house sold but it's a shite way to finish a house compared to a good skimming job.

f**k me boys u went thru the nite arguing about this dont u guys sleep!? Haha...bet u all went to bed some having nitemares about skimming some having them about drylining

I think its actually is a bit more expensive on materials than skimming.

Macarthy and stone are the only big outfit I know who use taping on there care homes
Alot of offices aswell are taped.
I think they should tape town houses or a least the top floor !!

With McCarthy's it depends which regional office is managing the build we have skimmed loads round here in the last 15years and have just won another couple of them which will be skimmed.
Round here Bennets, Ben Bailey Abel, lovells Charles church, Hopkins Homes all skim one big keirs site as gone to taping which they'll regret.
So as for 99% of new builds being jointed that it seems is utter bollox.

With McCarthy's it depends which regional office is managing the build we have skimmed loads round here in the last 15years and have just won another couple of them which will be skimmed.
Round here Bennets, Ben Bailey Abel, lovells Charles church, Hopkins Homes all skim one big keirs site as gone to taping which they'll regret.
So as for 99% of new builds being jointed that it seems is utter bollox.

Rowlands have switched to taping saying they wont skim again.....persimmons have said the opposite !!!
As you say scottie its what region your in.
im suprised the scottish use anything on their walls the tight xxxxxx !!!!

Rowlands have switched to taping saying they wont skim again.....persimmons have said the opposite !!!
As you say scottie its what region your in.
im suprised the scottish use anything on their walls the tight xxxxxx !!!!
I heard there just paint there block walls over there

Status
Not open for further replies.