Stud finder

megamix

Anyone use and can recommend a good stud finder . I over board ceilings most days and would like to make life easier rather than using my estwing stud finder .

Anyone use and can recommend a good stud finder . I over board ceilings most days and would like to make life easier rather than using my estwing stud finder .

Had about 10.
Franklin's sensors is the best one.

Hard to get over here. Might have to pay import and get one from America.
Fool proof and reliable.

How you gonna find a timber stud with a magnet ? Especially on a lathe ceiling
Screws going into the stud. Doesn't work on lathe ceilings but 9/10 of ceiling I overboard are plasterboard. Lathe ones I just tap holes down the side

I never used one mate I've got this f**k off strong magnet I've been using for a few years now a plumber gave me a spare one on a job he use to use it to locate pipes and s**t in studwall but he said it's all plastic pipes these days so gave me one, I recommend them fully

I’m here
article-1282897732618-0aed0991000005dc-325823_466x433.jpg

I do a lot of overboarding too, I have tried the strong magnet method but end up getting paranoid and going back the the lath hammer method. I am much cleaner than I used to be, I hold a bucket under to catch the crap my aims a lot better .
Have you seen the wall-a-bot?
I love the idea but don't think it would work on L&P

I do a lot of overboarding too, I have tried the strong magnet method but end up getting paranoid and going back the the lath hammer method. I am much cleaner than I used to be, I hold a bucket under to catch the crap my aims a lot better .
Have you seen the wall-a-bot?
I love the idea but don't think it would work on L&P
What is wall a bot ?

We just find 1st joist then try roughly every 16" with a long screw.

Dont see the need to even use a hammer or piss about with string lines personally.

These things would be brilliant for overboarding as stated. Can be a dusty messy job and the worst kind of dust too. I’ve seen some that are close to £300! Crazy money. But if they’re clean and fast they would pay for themselves in the long run.

Long flat screwdriver , makes less mess , once through the lathe tilt to find edge of joist