Stud finder

megamix

Anyone use and can recommend a good stud finder . I over board ceilings most days and would like to make life easier rather than using my estwing stud finder .

bobski

Anyone use and can recommend a good stud finder . I over board ceilings most days and would like to make life easier rather than using my estwing stud finder .

Had about 10.
Franklin's sensors is the best one.

Hard to get over here. Might have to pay import and get one from America.
Fool proof and reliable.

Stewie03

I never used one mate I've got this f**k off strong magnet I've been using for a few years now a plumber gave me a spare one on a job he use to use it to locate pipes and s**t in studwall but he said it's all plastic pipes these days so gave me one, I recommend them fully

Olican

Private Member
I do a lot of overboarding too, I have tried the strong magnet method but end up getting paranoid and going back the the lath hammer method. I am much cleaner than I used to be, I hold a bucket under to catch the crap my aims a lot better .
Have you seen the wall-a-bot?
I love the idea but don't think it would work on L&P

megamix

I do a lot of overboarding too, I have tried the strong magnet method but end up getting paranoid and going back the the lath hammer method. I am much cleaner than I used to be, I hold a bucket under to catch the crap my aims a lot better .
Have you seen the wall-a-bot?
I love the idea but don't think it would work on L&P
What is wall a bot ?

zombie

Private Member
We just find 1st joist then try roughly every 16" with a long screw.

Dont see the need to even use a hammer or piss about with string lines personally.

Rossi46

Private Member
These things would be brilliant for overboarding as stated. Can be a dusty messy job and the worst kind of dust too. I’ve seen some that are close to £300! Crazy money. But if they’re clean and fast they would pay for themselves in the long run.