Spotless trowels best tip ever!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottie5

Private Member
To keep trowels and tools spotless, buy a decent quality microfibre cloth (the type window cleaners use) after laying in and then at the end of every set give your hand tools a good wipe over, it lifts all the crap completly off that would normally start to cause a build up, i scraped and cleaned my trowels off about 6mths ago and have been using a cloth everyday, and they are still virtually spotless, works unbelievably well. :RpS_thumbsup:

nice.....

Mine are disgusting...lol might soak them for a few weeks in water :) that normally losens the **** up

mine are looking pretty grim aswell i might soak them when i go on holiday next week, anyone know something i could put in with the water that wnt eat my trowels as they will be in there for a week:RpS_confused:

mine are looking pretty grim aswell i might soak them when i go on holiday next week, anyone know something i could put in with the water that wnt eat my trowels as they will be in there for a week:RpS_confused:
I put fairy liquid in with mine, have no idea if it makes any difference but the bubbles look the part:RpS_thumbup:

Dropping them at the bottom of a waterbut sorted mine out :)

Mine are not too bad... I actually like my handle covered.. it molds to my hand better :RpS_scared:

Water will sort them on it's own. If they're real bad do it for a couple of days and wipe them every morning as it will only take so much off in 1 go

Get a window scraper the ones with a stanley blade in but you should not let your trowels get in such a state

Fecking use the bugger... :rolleyes)

Soaking SS ones might work - steel ones I don't know.

its just that hard skin build up on the top of the trowel the underside is fine, steve will u pop over mine every night and wipe my trowels while im on holiday please

Dropping them at the bottom of a waterbut sorted mine out :)

Mine are not too bad... I actually like my handle covered.. it molds to my hand better :RpS_scared:

What a scumbag!! Are you sure you're not a mole from the tilers forum or worse still a sparks underneath that smooth exterior?

lol

god I am not that bad.... its not smothered... just a bit here and there :)

I will find a photo in a couple of weeks when I get then out again :) :razz:

Danny

its just that hard skin build up on the top of the trowel the underside is fine, steve will u pop over mine every night and wipe my trowels while im on holiday please

I think you should have stipulated what you want beddy to wipe them down with.....................unless you want them teabag clean.............:RpS_thumbup:

I spay mine with wd40 after work front and back ,have done for years and it just stops the steel ones from rusting and keeps the work/face clean but the backs are dirty not thick but dirty ....

I think you should have stipulated what you want beddy to wipe them down with.....................unless you want them teabag clean.............:RpS_thumbup:
as long as there clean i dnt care what he wipes them with haha

Tie em from the back of the van in a just married stylee,
soon knocks the sh1te off em on the way home :RpS_cool:

Funny you said that , i used to work with a scouser who's idea of cleaning his tools was to stand on the edge of the pool with his trowels in a bucket first thing in the morning ,and just throw them up-in -the air so they all came tumbling down on the floor of the pool, thats them fooking cleaned he'd say ..... good -times

Hi,
I've not been plastering long and I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I love the job. My marshalltown 13" trowel is worn in quite a bit now but I've got a very thin brown layer on the back and on the bottom of the face of my trowel, am I right in assuming these are from cleaning it in dirty water? And can i get rid of them?
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.