Some customers...

Members online

It's the ones who go my brother in law is a plasterer but he is busy or the ones who think they know what it should cost and how long it will take couple of times I've felt like saying why am I here if you know my job so well if things can be done quicker I would do that way wouldn't I,as you get older you learn to recognise the messers but once in a while get caught out
Liked

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Had one last week.
Overboard a couple of ceilings.
Young couple.. wanted to plaster another room herself. Asking me what she would need. Asked her if she had any tools... she said, can't I just borrow yours... erm no, what would I use?
Brilliant. Had the boyfriend rolling his eyes!
Made me giggle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've found Asians try it on more than anyone. I know someone who point blank refuses to work for them because of this.
Me.
I done a job in Glasgow for what I thought was a nice Asian family, finished up and she says I'll pay you halve now and if you pop into husbands shop in Kilmarnock he will pay you other half. So she hands me 200 quid and I stick it in my pocket and she was amazed saying why didn't you count that there, I says you seem nice enough plus I know where you live jokingly but still she couldn't believe I hadn't counted it. Drive straight to shop and met husband and was handed a roll of tightly wrapped notes which I stuck in my pocket and head home. When I got home I realised the tightly wrapped notes only had 150 instead of 200. The cow had phoned her husband and told him I don't check it and the prick kept 50 back. When I phone him he said there was definitely 200 there. From that moment on never worked for them and always counted money out in front of customer.

Me.
I done a job in Glasgow for what I thought was a nice Asian family, finished up and she says I'll pay you halve now and if you pop into husbands shop in Kilmarnock he will pay you other half. So she hands me 200 quid and I stick it in my pocket and she was amazed saying why didn't you count that there, I says you seem nice enough plus I know where you live jokingly but still she couldn't believe I hadn't counted it. Drive straight to shop and met husband and was handed a roll of tightly wrapped notes which I stuck in my pocket and head home. When I got home I realised the tightly wrapped notes only had 150 instead of 200. The cow had phoned her husband and told him I don't check it and the prick kept 50 back. When I phone him he said there was definitely 200 there. From that moment on never worked for them and always counted money out in front of customer.
I hate to say it and I am far from racist, but asians are by far the worst clients...FACT*

I don't like that they talk to one another in jibber jabber, whilst taking sly looks in your direction, gets my goat.....always think I'm going to get shafted somehow. Won't do it for them.
Jibber jabber....:ROFLMAO:

I went to quote one this week and there was another spread there doing the bedrooms I said why isn't he finishing the job ? Bloke said he's too busy to finish it I just poked my head around looked at what he wanted doing and said Ile let you know something not quite right as customer was whispering ring me after 5 when he's gone wtf?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me.
That happens to the best of us. Had the same this summer, but with an English family, sort of know them so she handed over the cash I never counted it, turned out the 1k wads with bankers slips on only worth 900 the following day when paying in at Barclays, when I rang them they assured me that the money was right, c**ts the lot of them people like that. I lost trust this year in humans

I always count it although is a bit embarrassing, one lady was £20 short and I never seen someone so crest fallen...i felt really bad...think she was genuine though, just a mistake

I just think it is a bit F*****g mental at times that people will give you the majority of the bunce but try to keep back a fee quid.

What's the f**k**g point.

I think the problems with Asians is a cultural thing, nothing in there country has a price because it's always negotiated and even when the jobs done the negotiating starts again lol also there is no such thing as a plasterer, bricky, decorator and so on they are called mistry, I suppose that means builder so this is the reason when you get to most jobs they expect you can do everything. :)

I think the problems with Asians is a cultural thing, nothing in there country has a price because it's always negotiated and even when the jobs done the negotiating starts again lol also there is no such thing as a plasterer, bricky, decorator and so on they are called mistry, I suppose that means builder so this is the reason when you get to most jobs they expect you can do everything. :)

My customer was African, pleading poverty in one of the nicest areas of Bristol. Lived in a 4 storey house. Done a few jobs for Indians...spot on don't mind negotiating with them it's all done in a business like manner, they treat you well on jobs to.

My customer was African, pleading poverty in one of the nicest areas of Bristol. Lived in a 4 storey house. Done a few jobs for Indians...spot on don't mind negotiating with them it's all done in a business like manner, they treat you well on jobs to.
That's an African culture they are always poor :)

I'm at the hotel ready to fly to Oz for 2 weeks tomorrow mate.
Only knickers I'll be sniffing is my own when I'm 10 hours in and my balls are chaffing against my asshole crushed to smithereens where I been sat down so long.

Lads are doing a bit while I'm away. Got a new build in Jan and got a contract with a big builder so hopefully sorted for a while again!

What you doing letting someone knock you down when work been mental!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Alright for some! Be good to give that arm a rest mate sounds like you been overdoing it ;)

Have a good one...still made a good wedge on the job, would have walked away otherwise...

No mate. They are OBSESSED with money. I rarely work for them, they ALWAYS look for a reason to hold back money. Sikhs are probably the best of a bad bunch though

Never had a problem with Asians. It's in their dna to be savvy with money. In India, you're expected to knock a third off the initial asking price of anything. So if you think a jobs worth £400, ask for 600. They'll suck their teeth and tell you you're insulting them but that's all part of the game. And when you're working they'll ask for extras but you just say no. I got 20% off take away curry for years cos the owner was happy with sone work I did for him.

Never had a problem with Asians. It's in their dna to be savvy with money. In India, you're expected to knock a third off the initial asking price of anything. So if you think a jobs worth £400, ask for 600. They'll suck their teeth and tell you you're insulting them but that's all part of the game. And when you're working they'll ask for extras but you just say no. I got 20% off take away curry for years cos the owner was happy with sone work I did for him.

I find them hard work to deal with and they can be very picky, Chinese are savvy also.

I don't like that they talk to one another in jibber jabber, whilst taking sly looks in your direction, gets my goat.....always think I'm going to get shafted somehow. Won't do it for them.
I reply to them in German and call them "Goat f**k**s" "Ziege Ficker" it pisses them off and soon start speaking English again (y)

Indians are picky, tight etc buy I've found good to work for when the deals done and open up a bit and often supply good food. I'm into I****n cooking and got some good recipes over the years. Had some homemade Bombay mix made from cereal once, was amazing. Muslims I've found only interested in cheap as possible and only ever done one job which ended in me keeping hold of his house keys until he paid me. Recently found out he had to move and is in hiding. Pricing one Tuesday though, don't hold much hope.

There's picky and savvy then there's downright disrespectful and trying it on. Most stories I hear about are Asians being the latter - a savvy person would keep their tradesman happy so he would work for them in future.

I've worked for a few I****n families and they have been spot on but there's definitely a trend.

See to be fair, my mum and dad lived in turkey for 15 years and when they got work done in there house by locals they haggled and moaned about the price until they got it down. I said to my dad what's that all about and he said you have to do that or they try and rip you off. I said you attitude is the exact same as the Asian community in our country and you were the first to moan about that lol

We found a pair of dirty knickers on a job once. I put them in the sparkies tool box, clients husband came in shortly after. You should've seen his face, he looked at matey then in the tool box then back at matey!! He never anything to the sparkie but we were facing the walls in stitches.

Sparkie shouted out later who the fucks done this, we were downstairs by then and ignored the c**t obv

We found a pair of dirty knickers on a job once. I put them in the sparkies tool box, clients husband came in shortly after. You should've seen his face, he looked at matey then in the tool box then back at matey!! He never actually said anything to the sparkie, but we were facing the walls in stitches and darent look :)

Sparkie shouted out later who the fucks done this, we were downstairs by then and ignored the c**t obv